Why can't I see the resolution slider in the Witcher 3 Graphics options menu?

+
Why can't I see the resolution slider in the Witcher 3 Graphics options menu?

I have a Alienware 15r2 with a 4k touch display and GTX980m, I recently bought the GOTY edition while it was on sale in Steam. The main issue I have with the game is that I can't change the resolution for it to be different from the native resolution. And before you respond, yes I have tried the user.settings changes, all it does is revert back to the native resolutions within the file and the game. Even if I were to change the file to read only. I have tried nearly everything that the internet has told others who had similar problems to try, now I'm on the verge of giving up and just returning the game.

Attachments

• photo151520.jpg
    photo151520.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 5,643
Hello! I'd like to offer some suggestions, but I'm not sure what you're actually looking to do. The image threw me, as those settings do not affect resolution. What's the target resolution you're trying to set, exactly?

Some things to consider:

1.) Do not set user.settings to "Read only" (or any other files for that matter). It can stop the game from saving settings properly.

2.) The game only works at resolutions that use 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratios (and is really only made for 720p and 1080p). Let's not fiddle with any 2K / 4K while we're troubleshooting.

3.) That being said, in Nvida Control Panel, ensure that you select "No Scaling" under Adjust the desktop size and position.

4.) I would recommend disabling touchscreen functionality through the laptop settings themselves. That could be forcing a resolution to ensure the touchscreen is properly calibrated. (I can almost guarantee you the game will not be friendly toward any touchscreen functionality anyway.)

The fact that the image did not have a setting that affected resolution was precisely the reason why I was so confused. I knew that touchscreen functionality and Scaling were definitely not the culprits, so looked on the Nvidia forum and found out that downloading Nvidia Geforce and running the Game within Geforce was able to solve the issue. Thanks for the response though!

AngryCustomer;n8922530 said:
The fact that the image did not have a setting that affected resolution was precisely the reason why I was so confused. I knew that touchscreen functionality and Scaling were definitely not the culprits, so looked on the Nvidia forum and found out that downloading Nvidia Geforce and running the Game within Geforce was able to solve the issue. Thanks for the response though!

Alright then! Happy slaughtering!

Top Bottom