JUNE 2017 - CRASHING to desktop, NO error

+
JUNE 2017 - CRASHING to desktop, NO error

I've tried everything with trying to solve the witcher 3 from crashing after about 20-30min of playing. I've DDU my gpu driver, i've played around in settings of the game to limit the frames to 59, disable nvidia hair works, reinstalled the game, checked for missing files through steam. Everything.
My specs of my laptop
GTX 1060 6gb
i7700hq
16gb ram
It is not overheating either, i have a cooler for the laptop and have intel extreme to read my temps which are at a solid 65-70 celsius.
What else can i do?

Are you overclocking your GPU? Using mods? Because I don't think you are giving the full picture here.

I assure you it is not the game being faulty because in 2 years of playing this game I can recall exactly 3 times my game has crashed on me, with 2 out of the three times because I was messing around with overclock settings.
The third time, I think was because of GOG's overlay.

So at least make sure you have absolutely nothing running in the background.

I have not used any mods and have simply bought the game on steam and since then it just began crashing. I as well have not touched a single setting for my gpu or cpu. i have tried closing out the streaming service nvidia does and don't even have geforce experience running and simply just a driver. As well as nothing else running in the background, just the game.

Welcome to the Forums, mbrenes28!

You can try the following to start:

1.) Verify / repair the game through Steam / GOG / Origin.

2.) Install / repair all of the Microsoft redistributables: DirectX 11 / 12, DirectX 9.0c, .NET Framework, Visual Studio and C++, and XNA Framework.

3.) Ensure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86).

4.) Select witcher3.exe, and set it to "Run as administrator" through its Properties.

Let us know how that goes.

Top Bottom