Please add this tool!

+
Please add this tool!

Please please make the cutscenes 21:9 compatible, the Witcher looks gorgeous and then every 15 minutes you get giant black bars, I can't find a game that does cutscenes in 21:9 and why is that? it is so immersion breaking. You are by far the only company I have found in recent years that actually care about the game and products so why skimp on this detail? If it is a development issue in gaming please enlighten me that we don't have the technology yet but by the time your next masterpiece is released it should be:) seeing as 60% of the game is wordcraft all in cutscene form, I know that it is a minority of us that have ultrawides but they are so damn nice. i have 234 hours in this and im on my third play through. [...] Id love the entire game to be 21:9 but that most likely isn't going to happen, for the love of Triss and Yennefer make cyberpunk 2077 fully 21:9 compatible

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not likely to happen, I'm afraid. You can keep your eyes on the Nexus for custom resolution mods. I believe there are already a few out there. In general, building a new, supported resolution into a game is a lot of work, and one for very little payoff. It's pretty standard to develop for 16:9 and 16:10, as those are the most standard resolutions out there presently. Plus, the game's engine can struggle at 16:xx; using 21:xx would increase the drawspace exponentially in certain ways. I think a far better use of the argument would be to voice this on the Cyberpunk forums. I'm pretty sure there are ongoing discussions and requests for ultra-widescreen resolutions.

yeah i ran into the you must make 10 posts to do anything so here i am. a good gaming computer is twice as much or even 3 times that of a console and as a result it can power a lot more, the addons im running make it look a little better. still not e3 quality though(; thanks for responding. I ended up getting a mod and i just had to add in some numbers. took 2 mins(;

Last edited:
barlow54

The E3 game was using a completely different graphical engine (one that wasn't cooperating with desired daylight scenes). It's unlikely that the present engine can be tweaked to look exactly like the E3 version, but people have gotten dang close!

Feel free to respond with an "Oh," or something. One step closer to the 10 post limit! ;)

SPOILERS for anybody yet to play the game: i remember the official statement from CDPRed was that they wanted to make it comparable to consoles and might be true might not. I'm not stupid, PCs are a lot more expensive upfront but they often have a lot more sales than consoles do like I got Battlefield 1 for 24 dollars on Origin, I have over a thousand dollars in this machine and it runs games on max graphics with ease. Had to download third party software to change the hex code for the cutscenes to be 21:9 but oh well. Cyberpunk is gonna reform the genre as the Witcher did because its graphics were way ahead of what everybody else was doing and it's story isn't out of the ordinary (Geralt(father) has to save Ciri (daughter) before the Wild Hunt causes an apocalypse but the way it plays out is amazing. some of the best story telling of any game I know, sure you guys had books to go off from but so did many other games and they were trash. People complain that Geralt has no weight when he fights but hes a Witcher and in the game when you see the vision of Ciri with Avalac'h, Geralt even comments on how she moves and thats how he knows its Ciri because of the Witchers being exclusively male and how she moves, like a Witcher he says: I'm almost positive theres a movie coming and to like the game you had to care about story and lore so the movie should tell us more about the Witcher schools and be in the time where the Witchers were cool, you guys most likely have 0 to do with the TV show coming to Netflix (Might resub my netflix for that) I'm just saying. Thank you for keeping up on posts years after the game was released. :)

Thank you for the positive words and outlook!

As for keeping up with the posts...I just started a brand new playthrough of the TW3 with HoS and B&W last Saturday. Still going! [Visualize Witcher Drummer Bunny here.]

its a great game and the graphics are still better than most games and it came out years ago, D.L.C. is actually EXTRA you dont need the d.l.c to have a complete and satisfying game but we buy it cause its great, B&W is hands down better but HoS wasnt bad at all and there are no game companies i know that do that, Activision doesnt for sure $$ comes first for like everybody and you guys have created an OFFLINE game that you can sink 100s of hours into and based on decisions you make no matter how small, can lead you to a different quest or a different part of the main story and the events are different. Truly amazing I just hope that Cyberpunk actually utilizes the PCs power and looks much better than consoles even though consoles will look amazing but they dont quite have the mod support. By the time it comes out at the end of 2018 or start of 19 it will be about time for new hardware and getting total moneys worth would be awesome

I'll bite here, since this seems like a "tame" conversation. In general, games are not "limited" because of consoles. Truth is, despite the exponentially greater resources available on PCs, many games that drag high-end, gaming PCs to their knees...still run just fine on console. There's a lot more to it than simply "raw power".

The biggest challenge is the game's engine. Even if massive resources are available, the engine will not necessarily be able to take advantage of them. To do so, it sometimes requires tens of thousands of man-hours to actually write the code so that the engine will be able to do it. The engine is not the game, either. Even if an engine is capable of doing something, it may not be needed in that particular game...or it may not work the way the game needs it to. So, all of those hours went largely to waste. It's a balancing act, in the end, and governed far more by what is reasonable and worthwhile than by sheer possibility or dollar-value. (Just because I can...)

When it comes to developing specifically (or even exclusively) for PC, it would be rather foolish to do so in the modern market. Plus, very few games are "limited" by console hardware. Most of it is nothing but options that are easily scaled. It's mostly the engine that hits its upper ceiling way before it gets close to maxing out the hardware...even on consoles. Take the Unreal Engine, as an example. I would argue that it has produced the most amazing graphics ever seen from a gaming engine, hands down. Looking at the visuals it creates is often awe-inspiring. Crysis 1 still looks better than many shooters developed today. As far as graphics goes...it's top.

Now, let's see the Unreal Engine procedurally stream the entire map of Velen and populate it with thousands of randomly generated NPCs, tracking individual stats, strengths, weaknesses, and resistances while factoring them in real-time with all potential variables of Geralt's level, weapons, armor, signs, bombs, buffs and debuffs, potion and decoction effects, quest stages, weather system, AI schedules based on time-of-day, dynamic day/night global lighting, and resident dialogue / cutscene rendering. You know what...the Unreal Engine wouldn't be able do it, because that's not what it was built for. Now, it's give-and-take. e.g. If I want an accurate point-light system based on procedural time of day and weather...I need to tone shadow detail down. The engine simply can't do both at "100%". Or...I'll need to built a brand new engine that can.

So worrying that "consoles" are damaging the quality of...anything, really, is quite far off the mark. Consoles actually help games achieve better standards, as they provide more universal operating environments. Helps development move along at a much faster clip, and it's easier and more sensible to simply configure PCs to simulate the console environment than to write code that tries to keep up with constantly changing PC configs.

that makes sense. when you take in to account the amount of players that equates to sales, consoles win hands down and high end gaming PCs are a minority you have them facing average Joe PCs and the consoles which make up 80% of the market so I get the don't cater to small numbers when ultimately you guys are a business, you guys are using an updated version of your own RED engine which will be awesome the only real differences in Witcher 3 with consoles VS PCs is the frames you get and mod support, so making the graphics that only 20% of the market can even run doesn't make much sense I don't have a 4k monitor as I'm gonna wait for cards that can run 4k very smoothly, Crysis one was the computer assassin, you needed a super computer to play it smoothly, now that I'm the age where I buy my own toys I have the super computer but no games to cripple it really.Ark Survival certainly pushes it and Cyberpunk will definitely make this glorified closet very warm but thats the reputation you guys have. Really looking forward to Cyberpunk, am really bummed that Geralts story is over and another spoiler here but on my second playthrough I saved the Barons wife but not rescuing the kids but killed the luberkin and on death march thats a treat cause he heals really fast but the wife and the Baron never appear again, the Barons right hand just takes over and is that it?

Last edited:
Lol...not sure where to begin responding here...:p

PC vs Console sales are tricky right now. While console companies may be worth more (due to the history of the market being largely console dominated), I believe games on PC have whomped consoles for actual number of sales in recent years. Mostly due to Steam, GOG, Origin, Desura, etc., and not to mention that PC hardware seems to have finally gotten solidly ahead of gaming demands -- even for budget systems. I can foresee this having a good impact on how developers build for PC, and Windows / Mac OS being built to really offer a much more stable platform for gaming out-of-the-box.

I think 2K / 4K gaming is right around the corner. I'm often shocked at how well it performs on my 980 ti, even though I'm not only running at 4K...but downsampling the image as well. Good stuff! I think the "Xbox One 2" or "Playstation 5 Capricorn" (whatever they wind up naming them) will probably be able to support it, which means PC GPUs across the board should be able to, as well.

For me, performance is all about consistent FPS, not high FPS. Despite having a beefy system, I lock all games at 60 FPS. I have been been forced to lock TW3 at 48 FPS to get it running smoothly this time, but believe me when I say -- I was giddy when I did it. I have never been able to play the game with absolutely 0% hitches and stuttering (there were always small areas that created some jitters). But on this playthrough: 0% stuttering. Since locking the FPS at 48, they have not moved. It's awesome. No matter what is happening on-screen, not even the slightest hiccup. And that's what I really want. Even though people may be used to 120+ FPS, anything around 50 FPS is actually smooth as butter. It takes only a minute or two for your eye and brain to adjust. (TV and movies are only 24-32 FPS.)

I imagine Cyberpunk will focus on stability over pushing envelopes, as that was probably the biggest flaw with TW3 upon release. Now that I've fiddled enough to have a solid sense about how the RED Engine works, I'll likely just cap frames at 48 from the get-go!

The Bloody Baron thing: no idea... I honestly don't ever remember going to "visit" them again after the quest is over. (Not the happiest series of events in Geralt's life, really. "Glad I could help you people. All the best and everything. Don't forget to...feed the spirit of the possessed baby fetus under your door... BYE.") It's possible the actual character models are yanked from the game to avoid conflicts or something.

Last edited:
I'm unsure as well, he just leaves to go heal his wife by that guy in the woods or mountains or something Cyberpunk is gonna be amazing and well worth the wait i think G-Sync helps more than higher frames for being smooth but I dont know I can notice immediately when it is not on. Consoles are becoming strong but they are never going to support what the PC can for at least another 10 years if ever its a great age for technology. now we just need the higher vampires to back off and let the human race survive a bit longer:)

Top Bottom