Help! A gamebraking glitch that makes "the battle of kaer morhen" unplayable

+
Help! A gamebraking glitch that makes "the battle of kaer morhen" unplayable

Hello,

Yesterday I encountered a strange glitch when I was playing the battle of kaer morhen. After Geralt shoots up his arrow to signal triss, and the camera transfers to Kaer Morhen, the camera starts blinking. You then see Ciri running to Vesemir. Ciri is also blinking, she is disappearing and reappearing constantly. When you then get to play as her, she is on a roof. When you then try to move her, she keeps teleporting back to the starting position. Here is a video (that I recorded) of the glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9u3...ature=youtu.be

I have tried solving this problem for hours now. When I search on the internet it seems like no one else is having this problem. List of things I have tried:

- Restarted the game
- Restarted the computer
- Disabled all mods
- Disabled shadow play and GeForce experience
- Loaded save file from the isle of mists
- Reinstalled the game

I can only think of two ways to solve the problems. Either remove the free DLCs or load an even older save file.
Any suggestions on how to solve it? Have any of you encountered this problem? If so how did you solve it?

specs:
gtx 1060
i5 6600
8 gb ddr 4 ram
windows 10

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'll bank on it being a mod issue. Even if you've deactivated and uninstalled them all, that does not remove certain references from you save-state. Or, there might be files left over in your installation directory that you need to manually remove. (Unless you manually deleted the entire installation directory and save-game path before re-installing.)

Can you tell me a bit more about how you used to have the installation and mods structured? Where was everything installed? Using a mod manager? Etc.

Try loading a saved game further back, and see if it still triggers the cutscene issue.

Thanks for the reply!

I download all the mods to a mod folder inside the witcher 3 directory. I download all of the mods via the nexus mod manager.

Nexus Mod Manager does make use of virtual pathing, although I think it's limited mod storage, rather than mod installations, like Mod Organizer. It could potentially be causing an issue. If possible, uninstall NMM completely. If not, manually delete or relocate ALL files and folders under NMM that involve TW3.

Following this, reload to a point before even going to Kaer Morhen (e.g. be in Velen or Skellige) and speed-through to the Kaer Morhen sequence again. See if it continues even then. (If it happens then, I'm afraid the issue is likely in your save-state and there's nothing for it but to reload older and older save-games until you find one that is unaffected. Might be better to just put up with it for this playthrough.)

DLCs should NOT be causing the issue as long as they have been installed from the beginning. Incidentally, removing DLCs has been known to cause other issues...so...you'd likely just replace the problem with something else.

hey (sorry for the late response), thanks for the help! Im currently playing through the game again from the beginning and hoping that it won't happen this time.

There's always hope. :) Did you ever figure out what caused it last time? I would have recommended re-installing to a different directory if not.

Top Bottom