From Ofier's Distant Shores bug. Possible Spolier

+
From Ofier's Distant Shores. BUG

From Ofier's Distant Shores is still broken as of v.1.31 March 28 2017. This is on Xbox one. Please fix ASAP as it is a game breaking bug and we have paid money to your company for a product that is supposed to work correctly.

Decided to replay this game after a year and found that this side quest is still bugged to this day.

I understand fixing one simple bug could potentially create more issues but surely something could be figured out by now. I'm certain people are still buying this game along with the dlc's and probably a decent amount of them will come across this bug.

It may not be a big deal for CDPROJEKTRED if one simple quest is not completed, but for people who love this game they will find that it's quiet insulting that this has not been fixed.

Really saddens me to leave a negative comment on these forums as I've always appreciated the work that went into this game.

Hello, I'm also experiencing difficulty/frustration with this quest on PS4. First, I tried to go back and get this quest through "Rose to remember" through advice I read online, instead of talking to the merchant first. However, after exploring the town and finding the footprints lead to the "bandit hidout" there is a red glowing chest indicating that the diagram and map should be in there (confirmed by watching others gameplay). However, it just never shows up. This bug breaks the quest and as someone who has enjoyed collecting armor, it is saddening. I've seen that this bug has been active since Heart of Stone's release.. please don't have a heart like that yourself.. for me this game is a perfect 10 besides that glitch. Let me love you lol. I've wasted several hours trying to find a work around :/

Sigh...

Just bought the dlc,feels excited to play it after a day of working,all i've found only dissapointment,just merge GOG account to comment on this thread...

I still remembered on a behind the scenes tw3,every opinion matters for CDPR,i guess thats just utterly bullshit...

Sorry for my english though...

This quest isn't working for me either, a very disappointing start to Hearts of Stone! How have they not fixed this (and the start of the Wolf Gear quest) yet?

Crispr_;n8289840 said:
Fixed it! Uninstalled/deleted everything, saved the game files on online storage. Installed everything again and it works! Even the Ofiers distant shores was fixed.

so there, now we know!

ps to moderator.

make them do a witcher 4 haha. It's an absolute must!

I quoted you from another thread to this Ofieri thread. If your solution works for others too, you may become a hero :)

Last edited:
Sunsibar;n8290050 said:
I quoted you from another thread to this Ofieri thread. If your solution works for others too, you may become a hero :)

just tried ,it doesn't work,I can pick up the diagram but the quest didn't go to the next step,still stuck in the cave!!!

Same issue here. Just as of a fee moments ago, the bug still exists on this mission on Xbox one and with patch 1.31 installed. No item can be discovered to complete this quest, in the bandits hideout???

Champnova;n8342940 said:
just tried ,it doesn't work,I can pick up the diagram but the quest didn't go to the next step,still stuck in the cave!!!

Didn't work for me, either. I deleted everything but my saves. Loaded a save from before accessing the mission. Tried accessing by talking to merchant directly and again by picking up another diagram first. Both methods led to the same empty chest in the underground bandit lair near the merchant's wrecked buggy. I give up for now.

The quest was bugged for me in basic game, but in NG+ worked just fine. I did it all in order at level 82 (quest is lvl 86 on NG+) before 'The Isle of Mists' with my 48th lvl Toussaint Knight's Steel Sword with Severance on it, which I carried from basic game.
So the quest will work, just keep on playing

Hi. I have this exact same bug.

I wonder, can't it be easily fixed by letting some merchant sell this map? I'm not trying to be smarter than the devs, but if it's so hard to understand what's happening but it's a common bug, maybe just provide a bypass workaround like that?

Cheers from a OCD-affected witcher player

Just chiming in to say I'm having exactly the same issue as roundofgwent: As well as a very similar longstanding issue with "Where Only Eagles Dare." I love this game, but it's hard to stay motivated to play it with these bugs consistently getting in the way.

I have the same problem on Xbox One
I explored the region first and already encountered Several bandit camps which have diagrams in a foreign language. When I spoke to Olgier I follow the tracks to the bandit hideout there are bandits but no final diagram
I am on version 1.31

Ofier's distant shores

Hi, i've read many topics about the bug in this quest, i have just bought the season pass and I'm stuck on this quest,there is no diagram in the chest.
is there any possible solutions?
I'm playing on version 1.31 and i have a game saved just before i enter the bandit's hideout.
Thank you very much for your help.

XKurtz88;n8480930 said:
Hi, i've read many topics about the bug in this quest, i have just bought the season pass and I'm stuck on this quest,there is no diagram in the chest.
is there any possible solutions?
I'm playing on version 1.31 and i have a game saved just before i enter the bandit's hideout.
Thank you very much for your help.

Thread merged together with similar ones. You can check this thread through and see if there's something that could help you.

Top Bottom