Wolf Gear Chest Won't Open

+
The response from the tech support:
Hello,
Thank you for the feedback.

I spoke with the dev team about it and sadly it is possible that the fix we prepared in recent patch didn't work for you due to some file corruption.
Unfortunately we don't have further plans to fix it as any other fixes are too big risk for the entire game.
If you would start the game from the beginning on patch 1.30 or in NG+ mode the issue will be most likely gone.

Regards,
Amelia of Vengerberg

On 25 September 2016 at 21:33, en.cdprojektred.com<no_reply@en.cdprojektred.com> wrote:
Product: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Platform: PlayStation 4
Product version: 1.31
Boxed or digital: digital
New Game+: no
Hearts of Stone: yes
Blood and Wine: yes
Vendor: PLAYSTATION STORE
User email: fordfocushs@gmail.com
Keywords: BUG WOLF GEAR UNLOOTABLE CHEST
Problem description:
Hi guys, I really enjoyed playing the Witcher 3. After finishing the main game, I downloaded the 2 extensions HoS and BaW + the quest to get the Wolf gear set. Unfortunately, after getting the first map from Hatori, I went to the watch tower. I can loot the skeleton but not the chest immediately at the right of the ladder. I can not activate the portal neither with the crystal (Aard sign won\'t activate it). When I manage to get (with a lot of chance, after rolling along the cliff) to the entrance of the cave just below the watch tower, I find a specter that I kill but nothing else to get (checked with Witcher sense). It\'s annoying since it prevents any chance of getting the wolf gear set which is the best of the game. Note that I play with the latest version of the game v1.31. Thanks for your help!​

The sad part is without ever playing the game prior my entire playthrough has been on v1.31 and I still got greeted by an unlootable chest. I literally downloaded the DLC today and the bug is still in the game. What I dont understand is if this bug is so difficult for them to quash why dont they just update the DLC to give us the first diagrams in our stash or something!? Hell add a random NPC that sells us the diagrams for all I care

Hi there,
unfortunately I have the same chest bug. I played The Witcher 3 soon after release without any Add-ons or DLC. After some time I decided to buy the two expansion packs and downloaded the free DLC, I loaded my old safe file and tried to get the wolf school gear, but couldn't get it because of the bugged chest. I looked for some help in these forums and found the answer of Amelia of Vengerberg, that this bug is most likely created by old corrupted game files.

So I thought ok, I'll start the game all over again, with the latest patch installed (1.31) and all DLCs as well. Now after hours I finally reached Kaer Morhen again, but the chest still won't open!! Even the other solution to first complete Uma Quest, return Ciri to Kaer Morhen and walk to the watchtower doesn't work for me.

I am very disappointed and frustrated, as I spent another bunch of hours to reach that point in the game again, without any chance of getting that gear. Will there be another patch or will this quest remain bugged and impossible to complete??

By the way I love this game and the work CDPR put into it, but please fix this issue! Or at least make a statement about it.
Thank you :)

EDIT:
Just started a new game - Hearts of Stone:
I went directly to Kaer Morhen and the watchtower, I could open the chest and the wolf school gear quest started! It seems to me that some quest of the main game triggers the bug, or maybe it is triggered if you buy the maps???
Tried to load my main save file again, but the chest remained bugged :(

Last edited:
This is one weird bug. I have completed Witcher 3 five times (PS4) and never once experienced this problem.

Have you started a new game since patch 1.31 and tried it? Maybe it wasn't bugged before the latest patch.

Could be possible as well that you haven't triggered the bug because you played all the missions in a different order than me?

There is obviously a trigger in the game, which leads to the bugged chest. Problem is to find out what the trigger is...
:(

[BUG] Armor of the Wolf - Bau I can not open

Hello everyone

I'm going through the following problem, I downloaded the DLC from the witcher wolf armor for PS4 that is in version 1.31 but that bau (from the photo) that was to be available for me to open and continue the quest is not available to click? can you help me?

I already tried a previous save, I deleted the game and reinstalled everything again, but I can not open the boo

Attachments

• photo102940.jpg
    photo102940.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 267
Hey BrunoZhy!

I've heard of many people having this issue with this specific chest sadly since 1.11, but you aren't alone, CDPR are aware of this issue and from what I've heard a recent patch has addressed this problem, can I ask if you are on the most recent version of the game? (# 1.31)

Away from this, lots of people have found that the easiest way to counteract this bug is to simply continue on your travels, fast travel away from it etc. then attempt to reopen it at a later stage, maybe complete a few quests and see how you go.

There is a thread here with the same issue reported: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...h-support/50928-wolf-school-gear-chest-bugged

You could always try contacting support to see if they are able to help with this: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Really hope you find a solution to this soon BrunoZhy!

Ta!

Spoons

I contacted the Support that you indicated, they guide me to start a new GAME in ng + that the problem would be solved, I will try.

Thanks for the update! :D

Please do let us know how you get on, it would be incredibly useful for others here with this issue to try and find a solution too.

Ta!

Spoons

Same bug, AGAIN. Supposedly it was fixed, have 1.31 and not working. Even have an apology letter in skeleton next to the box and it still is not useable. Kinda annoying that I am going to have to wait until New Game + if that actually works.

[BUG] Wolf gear not showing up in first chest.

Im still having problems with the chest. The skeleton is there and so is the apology letter. But I still cant interact with the chest. People said finishing the game solved the bug and the chest would be able to open but still after the main story the chest is non-interactable. I know about the new game+ solution but I JUST finished the game and don't want to start the story over. PLEASE help. Its really frustrating. I just want the wolf gear so badly. Thought it would be fixed by now. Installed the game just last week btw.

Awww I'm so sorry to heart that Anthanium I can appreciate how frustrating that can be. :(

To the best of my knowledge, NG+ option is the only fix I know about since the fix should be deployed in there somewhere.

I'd highly recommend contacting CDPR Support to see if there is any other suggestion they can offer - http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/
Be sure attach any save files/Screenshots/useful info to allow a repro of the issue internally, just in case.

I imagine they are fully aware of the issue, but better safe than sorry.

I really hope you find a solution to your issue soon! :)

Thanks!

Spoons

Wolf School Gear basic set chest bug

Hello ,

Sorry if i have brought this topic on the new thread and if there is one already please let me know but i have read all if the possible foruma already about this bug and nothing seems to work.

i am playing on ps4. Game build v1.31 downloaded from play station store. I have both dlc installed and at the moment im lvl 24 in the game. I have collected all the maps for all the wolf gear set parts of scavenger hunt. Started the first quest but i can not open the chest in the signal tower !!!!
please help me out as i really like the game and i do t want this small little thing make me hate it.

It is so weird. I am going ahead with the game already have colkected part 1 and part 2 of the upgrades for wolf gear but without the base they are usuless.
I have red that when you start the New Game + the issue is fixed there but this meams completing the game first so that will take some time until i can confirm if that is fixed.
if you have any other suggeations please let me know.

Wolf school gear signal tower chest broken

I downloaded the wolf school gear dlc and i bought the notes and the quest brought me to the signal tower and nowhere inside is there a blueprint for anything of the gear set and i think its because it wont allow me to open a chest thats inside and i was some people said they started a new game but i would rather not do that

I have the same problem, I can not open the chest of the place to find the notes, in the part of the mission that asks to search the ruins near Kaer Morhen. I have already taken all the pieces (improved, superior and masterpiece) of the wolf, except the initials...

Top Bottom