cannot access HOS and BAW expansions on GOTY edition

+
cannot access HOS and BAW expansions on GOTY edition

I just bought a GOTY edition (European version) for the PS4. Its installed on the internal PS4 storage. As far as I know, both these DLCs are present on the game disc and do not need to be downloaded from the PS store via redeem codes and that sort of thing. The problem is, I can't access either of the two expansions when I start a new game. Their options are greyed out even though it says I can play these DLCs right away as standalone without starting the base game. My game is updated to v1.31. Can some one please help me on this?

Thanks. I did and now i can access them. Also got to know why you can't access them when you begin a fresh new game after putting in the disc for the first time. The data is being installed on the PS4 internal drive as you play. So the DLC data is being copied and can't be played until its finished.

So I have a version of The Witcher 3 GOTY installed with the 1.60 patch in my PS4 (I bougth it in the USA PStore by the way).
Now I'm in the end of the Hearts of Stone DLC and I'm looking for the 100% completion in my run, but I go to Mulbrydale and the notice board there is empty so I don't have the quest to start the BaW DLC. I've tried to start just the DLC in the main menu but the option to "start a BaW new game" is grayed and I can't select it.
There's any way I can fix this problem?
PS: I have the completed the pre-requisit quest to start the DLC, now i'm in the Final Preparations quest.
btw, sorry for my bad english!

Probably not, as an issue like that is hard to correct. Reloading to a much earlier point (before the problem first occurred) and playing through again may be the only option.

Also, it's not really possible to 100% the game the same way you would in GTA or Assassin's Creed. It's not that type of game. There are many points where the story will branch. Certain quests will become unavailable after reaching certain stages in the main arc and new ones will appear. By completing one quest, it may force another to fail. And so on. It's about choices, outcomes, and far-reaching consequences.

Probably not, as an issue like that is hard to correct. Reloading to a much earlier point (before the problem first occurred) and playing through again may be the only option.

Also, it's not really possible to 100% the game the same way you would in GTA or Assassin's Creed. It's not that type of game. There are many points where the story will branch. Certain quests will become unavailable after reaching certain stages in the main arc and new ones will appear. By completing one quest, it may force another to fail. And so on. It's about choices, outcomes, and far-reaching consequences.
Sure. I mean i'm on my way to platinum the game. I think in three solutions and i'm going to test then.
First is to reload any save before and try again;
Second is to reinstal the game;
Third is to try again in the new game +;

Can you be more specific about where exactly in the game you are? Perhaps try finishing the HoS content completely and then try to travel to Toussaint. I've done that twice and was able to begin B&W without an issue.

If the B&W content is greyed out in the menu, that makes me think that something is not installed correctly / completely.

@Sunsibar
@Rawls

Y'all have any idea?

Can you be more specific about where exactly in the game you are? Perhaps try finishing the HoS content completely and then try to travel to Toussaint. I've done that twice and was able to begin B&W without an issue.

If the B&W content is greyed out in the menu, that makes me think that something is not installed correctly / completely.

@Sunsibar
@Rawls

Y'all have any idea?
Ok. In the main story i'm starting the quest Final Preparations and in the DLC HoS, i'm in the middle of the last question Whatsoever a Man Soweth, and i have completed all other significiant quests of both contents. I can't travel to the Touissant because the game never gave me any mission related to B&W and in the Mulbrydale notice board the call to the quest don't appear.
My version is the GOTY version of the game, so if any part wasn't installed it's rather a bug or there's something blocking the acess to the DLC.

Ok. In the main story i'm starting the quest Final Preparations and in the DLC HoS, i'm in the middle of the last question Whatsoever a Man Soweth, and i have completed all other significiant quests of both contents. I can't travel to the Touissant because the game never gave me any mission related to B&W and in the Mulbrydale notice board the call to the quest don't appear.
My version is the GOTY version of the game, so if any part wasn't installed it's rather a bug or there's something blocking the acess to the DLC.

I merged the thread with a similar one. Here the solution seems to be to complete the first tutorials in the main game. Maybe that helps here too?

Yeah, starting the main game and playing though the tutorial (it's only a few minutes) used to be a gate. Not sure if it's still the case, but that would be my first guess.

I merged the thread with a similar one. Here the solution seems to be to complete the first tutorials in the main game. Maybe that helps here too?
For my case won't help because i already did this. For doing this i need to finish the remaing quests and starts a new game plus to trigger the tutorial again, but I want to start the DLC before finishing the main quest line.
I think there's no solution for my case then, i'm on my way to reinstall the game, maybe this triggers the opening mission of B&W
Post automatically merged:

Jusrt an update, I finished the HoS DLC and the notice board on Mulbrydale still didn't have the quest to start B&W, so i concluded that the B&W isn't installed at all. Now i'm downloading the game all over again, hope this fix the bug!

Last edited:
Top Bottom