Bought Expansion Pass. Can't start any DLC, stuck on loading screen after main menu.

+
Bought Expansion Pass. Can't start any DLC, stuck on loading screen after main menu.

As the title says I bought the Expansion Pass and downloaded both Expansion Packs. I boot up the game and have tried any combination possible. Just start B&W or HoS, New Game +, load up my finished game save. Even tried with no connection, rebuilding the database on PS4.
Nothing works. It is in an infinite loading loop.

Why does this happen? How do I fix it?

Edit: It is a digital download.

Last edited:
Maybe something went wrong while downloading those expansions? Do you have stable internet connection? You can't access to your game at all, if I understood correctly?

Turn your console power off completely, unplug it and then restart. If the game still won't start, only option may be reinstalling the whole game. This is just my unprofessional guess though, but if rebuilding the database didn't help, I don't know what else you could try.

If you can access to your main game but not expansions, there might be a certain order you need to install everything back.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...80-can-t-access-hos-dlc?p=8256960#post8256960

Sunsibar;n8423060 said:
Maybe something went wrong while downloading those expansions? Do you have stable internet connection? You can't access to your game at all, if I understood correctly?

Turn your console power off completely, unplug it and then restart. If the game still won't start, only option may be reinstalling the whole game. This is just my unprofessional guess though, but if rebuilding the database didn't help, I don't know what else you could try.

If you can access to your main game but not expansions, there might be a certain order you need to install everything back.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...60#post8256960

No, I was playing the original base game yesterday and it was just fine. (Had already installed the Outfit DlCs etc) and the Expansions were downloading. Today, I launch the game and everything till the menu is good but when I select one of the Expansions to load (New Game etc) the loading screen shows up but it takes more than 20 minutes to fill 1/3 and then it stays there. Even the base game save does that. What can I do?

When you were playing yesterday, did you get any notifications that you have new quests available?

When you look at your game's main menu, does it say that those expansions are installed or available?

No notifications for quests, no.
I tell you the expansions appear as playable on the menu and I select New Game > HoS or New Game > B&W or Load Game or New Game+ it goes to the loading screen as normal but it just stays there. The circle keeps spinning but the loading bar doesn't move.

Then only option that I can think of is reinstalling the game. If it doesn't start working on it's own, which I highly doubt.

These expansions have been causing weird problems lately on PS4. Common solution seems to be reinstalling the game, expansions separately and DLCs and starting and closing the game always after one part has been installed (like that link suggests in my first post). If you start this process, install everything properly before you actually start playing again. Hopefully it helps.

Edit: Your saves should be fine. I have reinstalled my game once and it didn't lose any saves, but it's always good to make back up copies, just in case if something goes wrong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom