What is the reason for side quests?

+
What is the reason for side quests?

So I've been playing this game quite a lot and I have not lost a single game. The reason I win is I completely ignore side quests and just rush the main objectives. I always choose the quickest quests and there seems to be no reason to ever take the side quests.

Am I missing something here?

Yes.

If you ignore SQ, and another player completes all sidequests and 'some' support quests on a higher scoring example you can still lose.

3x8 = 24 (requires minimum of 18 leads - Yarpen 30)
16 + 2x3 + 6 = (around 10-19 leads depending on quest(s) and character - importantly you can use the "mixed bag" that comes from movement around the map, rather just shuttling in a small area more effectively).

Add a few monster kills and you *need* the option of sidequests. The point density of SQ is also higher than that of the main quest in at least some cases.
Some are essentially "free" also ~ movement to region, or "kill monster" are almost certain and easy, and often coin is available.

Yes.

If you ignore SQ, and another player completes all sidequests and 'some' support quests on a higher scoring example you can still lose.

3x8 = 24 (requires minimum of 18 leads - Yarpen 30)
16 + 2x3 + 6 = (around 10-19 leads depending on quest(s) and character - importantly you can use the "mixed bag" that comes from movement around the map, rather just shuttling in a small area more effectively).

Add a few monster kills and you *need* the option of sidequests. The point density of SQ is also higher than that of the main quest in at least some cases.
Some are essentially "free" also ~ movement to region, or "kill monster" are almost certain and easy, and often coin is available.

Well, the problem is that regardless how many points they get, I win if I complete the three main quests first... Sometimes they get another round after I finish but they still never manage to keep up.

No. Game ends with the completion of the needed quests, but the winner is the player with most points. Not the one finishing first (as with Gloom, or other games). Only with a points tie do the finish order, or the remaining resources matter.

As correct as that might be, I still haven't lost a single game rushing the main objectives....

Just wait until you rush and finish first yet lose at fourth place like what always happens to me when I rush objectives in TWAG :(

Damn foul fate cards ...

Want me to challenge you? I've beaten speedrunners before. They're also no fun to play with.

Top Bottom