Fantasy Flights board games

+
I kind of feel that Fantasy Flight is today what Avalon Hill used to be, basically they're one of the more prolific board game publishers and I will admit to having several shelves devoted to FF games. My favorites are the Runebound series, Descent series, and Twilight Imperium (something that you literally plan a weekend around, it takes an ungodly amount of hours to play). Looking forward to the Witcher board game for sure!

Eldritch Horror is freaking awesome. Really thematic, cool gameplay and lots of options during a turn even with only 2 actions. You will always be on the brink of insanity or death and your character will go through hell. Grab Forsaken Lore too, it adds "more of the same" stuff and is a really good complement to the base game. Only one more Ancient One and no Investigators but lots of cards to add to the decks.

Mountains of Madness is coming soon too. It's a big box expansion for EH that will add a new board, the Antartica, more Investigators and Ancient Ones and more cards, tokens etc. This will make an amazing game amazing +4 vorpal :p

Eldritch Horror is freaking awesome. Really thematic, cool gameplay and lots of options during a turn even with only 2 actions. You will always be on the brink of insanity or death and your character will go through hell. Grab Forsaken Lore too, it adds "more of the same" stuff and is a really good complement to the base game. Only one more Ancient One and no Investigators but lots of cards to add to the decks.

Mountains of Madness is coming soon too. It's a big box expansion for EH that will add a new board, the Antartica, more Investigators and Ancient Ones and more cards, tokens etc. This will make an amazing game amazing +4 vorpal :p

I'm on the fence with MoM, it looks awesome from the pre-release materials but I'm not sure if they will implement antartica with the existing goos or just have it only for the new ones. And will it be used with future expansions as well? Maybe I'm over thinking it but after the frankly awesome foresaken lore expansion I'm just concerned that some things might get swept under the rug.

I'm on the fence with MoM, it looks awesome from the pre-release materials but I'm not sure if they will implement antartica with the existing goos or just have it only for the new ones. And will it be used with future expansions as well? Maybe I'm over thinking it but after the frankly awesome foresaken lore expansion I'm just concerned that some things might get swept under the rug.

My guess is that they will develop those big expansions like they did with Arkham Horror, i.e., they will all be compatible and interchangeable so you could use all, some or none of the expansions.

It's FFG after all :p

(But now with the Asmodee merge I don't have a good feeling about FFGs future releases...)

Top Bottom