x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
This discussion is older than 365 days. Information contained in it may no longer be current. Please do not post new messages without substantial need.

They're working on it so that players will have more access to information and be able to view their own cards during an opponent's turn.

Comment

Well how about a "GM Mode" - in a private game, the Host can, before the game actually begins, draw on the map, show examples of cards, monsters and other stuff to explain new players how to play the game. The host could also get voice chat, while others write questions and other things in the text chat so it won't just end in everyone talking over eachother.
      Also explain better when exactly does the game end and what triggers it, cause that information is really well hidden.

Comment

It didn't seem hidden to me:
        Game ends at the end of the turn when the first player has completed 1, 3, 5 (according to chosen game mode) main quests.

The players who have completed the full number of quests (which could be all of them if player 1 completes only marginally ahead of the other 2) then compare current VP to determine ranking.

This seemed to me to even be in the tutorial ~ certainly wasn't a surprise when the first game ended, or that I was fairly far behind at that point...

I'm a little hazier about ranking in lower tiers (i.e. whether VP take precedence over Quests or vice versa) as I've not ever had more than 2 people still in-game at the end (around half and half, just me, or me and one other)...) and this makes the rule 'win by quests' or 'win by VP with full quests' the only thing I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieste
          It didn't seem hidden to me:
          Game ends at the end of the turn when the first player has completed 1, 3, 5 (according to chosen game mode) main quests.

The players who have completed the full number of quests (which could be all of them if player 1 completes only marginally ahead of the other 2) then compare current VP to determine ranking.

This seemed to me to even be in the tutorial ~ certainly wasn't a surprise when the first game ended, or that I was fairly far behind at that point...
          This certainly isn't explained as thoroughly in the tutorial, and it should. The only thing that the tutorial says is "The game is played over a series of turns. The Player who completes the chosen number of quests with most VP, wins!".
          Stating the condition for ending the game and who wins is the most important part of every tutorial IMO, because once you state that, people reading further will think "okay, how can I use THIS to fullfil the victory condition and win?".
          Otherwise the game is pretty fine if you played a few board games before, but that part is really confusing.

Comment

Winning is currently decided firstly by VP. If you complete the quest goal first but have less VP, you won't be first; whoever has the most VP will take first place. If two or more players have the same VP, rank order is decided by quest goal completion order—this places further importance on who goes first, second, etc, than just getting to pick your character.

Comment

Working...
            X