Tips for completing The Witcher asap

+
Tips for completing The Witcher asap

Hi

I have tried playing The Witcher 1 several times (2-4 times) and just went "dead" in it. The furthest I got was some place in a swamp and getting some books for Kalkstein. But I was stuck and just stopped playing due to frustration. The game overall just annoys me (interface, inventory, little font size, combat, hard to find objectives), but I still feel like I want to complete it before moving to Witcher 2 and then Witcher 3.

I decided to start all over again, because now I forgot the names, events, etc. Gonna have to complete it in a frenzy not to piss myself off too much.

Can someone please provide me with a few tips on how to complete Witcher 1 as painlessly as possible? Which mods should I acquire to make life easier? Which walkthrough should I follow? Any general advice?

I think, I will end up skipping the crafting part, take a simple melee spec and skip all the unnecessary side quests and secondary activities (like screwing hookers). But I would still like to hear some opinions, whether I should do some specific "secondary" activities / quests, anyway.

I just hate playing a sequel, having some reference in my face and being totally clueless. Like a character saying "long time no see, Geralt!" and I am like "who the hell are you..?"

Any advice is welcome to go get The Witcher over with so that I can get on with my life and play part 2 and 3.

Also, what is it exactly that gets transfered to Witcher 2 when I import the save game from the first game? I assume some main decisions, but what about my spec?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
I just hate playing a sequel, having some reference in my face and being totally clueless. Like a character saying "long time no see, Geralt!" and I am like "who the hell are you..?"
Then read the books first, you'll feel like that a lot in Witcher 3 without the book knowledge. And after that you might enjoy Witcher 1 a little bit more
If you're not into reading, then all the monster contracts are not necessary to do (which is about 50% of side quest, no kidding). Invest your ability points into health&swords but also in igni&inteligence, igni is too OP later in the game so you can just spam it and win almost every fight.
I can't say much about mods, never used any of them but rise of the white wolf mod is quite popular here.

Thank you for the replies. Any further advice is quite welcome. The last time I tried playing TW1 I got frustrated with that there was so much in the quest log and journal. Sure, it's nice having lore but I think it was too much. I wish it was just a little more streamlined like Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I hope it gets better in the sequels.

Everything about the game gets better in the sequels, have no fear there. I run a number of mods with my Witcher EE and got quite used to it, coming straight from W3 to W1 was a shock, but mods eased the pain of it all. Its really a great game and loads of fun. I got addicted to dice poker ;)

Top Bottom