We want remastered Witcher 1!

+
I just downloaded a demo of the first. thing is, I am not much of a pc gamer, so this is going to be a new experience! I would love to have a console port, and the reason being is because my mother in law. She really enjoys watching me play games, and she loves the third installment, which is the first I have played. I have gotten close to the end, but I love to experience back stories. Hoping the Xbone will have Witcher II as a backwards compatible game.

I just downloaded a demo of the first. thing is, I am not much of a pc gamer, so this is going to be a new experience! I would love to have a console port, and the reason being is because my mother in law. She really enjoys watching me play games, and she loves the third installment, which is the first I have played. I have gotten close to the end, but I love to experience back stories. Hoping the Xbone will have Witcher II as a backwards compatible game.

You better play TW1 on PC away from your in-laws. Trust me on this one :)

You better play TW1 on PC away from your in-laws. Trust me on this one :)

Well, if this person's mother-in-law enjoys watching Wild Hunt, the only thing very likely to shock her would be the difference in graphics and animation.

Last edited:
You mean they'll be shocked by drunken Geralt?-)

yes, also drugs, gambling, dryads, bureaucrats and nurses

Witcher 3 is not even close to be as bad as TW for family view

Last edited:
The Reds need a loooong break from The Witcher. Veterans (like Konrad Tomaszkiewicz) work on the series since the early 2000's. They really would love the change. Besides TW1 doesn't need a remake. Enhanced edition can be played on every PC unless you have a fossil.

How many of you would love to see a proper Witcher Remake?

Now that Geralt's story concluded with Blood and Wine, and we all know that we won't see a new Witcher game in at least 8 years, I was curious to see how many of us would love to get a Witcher Remake of the first game. I'm talking full on remake (not the remaster crap every console is getting). They had such project already a couple of years ago, if you remember, but it was never completed (Rise of The White Wolf). I think it would be a gift from heavens to have a remake of the first game, since out of all three, it has aged the worst and this would be a good opportunity for console players to experience the first game too :) The idea popped in my mind when I heard the
part of the witcher 1 soundtrack paired with the appearance of the Lady of The Lake in B&W.
So what are your thoughts guys!

Please excuse me as I resurrect this thread from the grave.

The Reds need a loooong break from The Witcher. Veterans (like Konrad Tomaszkiewicz) work on the series since the early 2000's. They really would love the change. Besides TW1 doesn't need a remake. Enhanced edition can be played on every PC unless you have a fossil.

I understand a remake would be a lot of work, but what about a console port? surely that wouldn't require as much work.

We console gamers have no way to access the game. I know they were planning to port it in 2009, but that fell apart. Maybe they could make a new deal with 4J Studios or someone like that.

I understand a remake would be a lot of work, but what about a console port? surely that wouldn't require as much work.

It would be a lot of work. Closed consoles tax developers by not allowing them to use cross platform APIs.

We console gamers have no way to access the game

Depending on your console, you can potentially access it. If you use Xbox - you are busted. If you are using Steam Machine, you can play it in Wine with minimal effort. If you are using PS4, you'd need to install Linux on it first, and then play it in Wine.

Last edited:
Steam Machines are overpriced garbage.And I don't wanna do anything that will void the warranty of my PS4.

I just want RED to take into consideration that we console gamers want to play the game. I know they got a lot of food on their plates, but someday down the line maybe.

This game would require a LOT of work. I doubt that CDPR would release the game which is so much different than previous two titles (in terms of art design and combat system). Besides I'm sure PC gamers would want a new version too.

We console gamers have no way to access the game.
You have. Just install the game on your laptop. Do you have a laptop?

Top Bottom