TW2/TW3/Redkit][tool] 3D models converter

+
TW2/TW3/Redkit][tool] 3D models converter

Hi,

I have made a small software to convert the .w2ent files (models of The Witcher 2) in more common formats with my .w2ent loader for the Irrlicht Engine.
The software can convert .w2ent to .obj, .dae, .ply, .stl, .irrmesh
.xbm textures are also converted to .dds by the software.

This is the first version, there are still bugs in particular crash of the software with some models or bad textures, but globally it's functional.

It is easy to use, you just have to load the .w2ent and to choose the name and the format of the exported file.

EDIT : The software has been updated and now it can also be used to import 3D models in the Redkit (look this tuto for more informations)

Download

Edit 2 : Check the new topic

Last edited:
Ooooh cool. Does that mean that one can transfer TW2 models to, say, Skyrim?

I'm a newbie, don't really know what the practical use would be of this but I'm eager to learn :)

I don't know what format is used by Skyrim, but yes you can probably do that.
The converted files can be opened in most 3D modeling softwares and then re-exported to other formats.

JLouisB said:
I don't know what format is used by Skyrim, but yes you can probably do that.
The converted files can be opened in most 3D modeling softwares and then re-exported to other formats.
You are my hero! That more than useful. Also Skyrim is using .nif
I hope you will keep improving it.

Hello there, sir.

It looks like the archive is missing some dlls. Is there any chance you could reupload it with the dlls it needs to run?

Thanks.

Thank you, sir. The program loads now, though it crashes when I load a w2ent file. I have tried many files and every time it has crashed. Is there still something missing or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again.

Fixed.

Update :
- Update of the W2ENT loader (fix front/back face, fix normals, convert and load normal map)
- Fix the bug reported by Myuuguu
-> Now you have to select your pack0 folder before the w2ent loading
- You can't export a file if you havn't load a mesh
- Menu bar (quit, languages)
- Logs : Add the extension of the exported file, add a warning if the filename of the exported file is not set
- Addition of a translation system (english and french languages)

Link : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24460773/w2ent-converter-v1.1.zip

Update :
- Update the .w2ent loader (Fix problems and crashes with some models)
- Fix a memory leak
- Smaller window (for the low resolution), some changes in the UI
- In the "pack0" folder selection, the cancel button works correctly
- Other minor fixes

Download link : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24460773/w2ent-converter-v1-2.zip

Update :
- Update of the W2ENT loader (loads the .w2mesh files, fix bounding box -> fix wrong culling in the viewer)
- Add a "Move textures" options. This option copy all the .dds textures used by the mesh in the same folder than the mesh file folder (the pack0 folder). It's easier if you want to move the files in another folder.
- The polycount is displayed at the top of the window
- Add an option to display the mesh in wireframe mode
- Other minor fixes

Download

I have also made a little webpage about the software.

In version 1.2 every time I try to open a w2ent file the program crashes.
In the latest version the program doesn't even show the files... I have to put "*.*" and then the program crashes once again... any tips?

"In version 1.2 every time I try to open a w2ent file the program crashes. "
"I have to put "*.*" and then the program crashes once again"
Have you set the path of your pack0 folder at the top of the window (in the "Base directory" section) ? What are the files that you have tried to load ?

"In the latest version the program doesn't even show the files... I have to put "*.*" "
This problem is fixed, I will upload a new version.

Yes I set the path every single time...
I'm w8ing for the new ver to test it again..

Do you have any idea why it crashes?? Do I have to install the irlicht engine or something like that?

Can you give me the path that you have set, and some files that you have tried to load ? Otherwise I don't know why you have crashes.
I don't think that the new version will fix your problem, because you are not supposed to have these crashes.

Normally you don't need install anything.

Ok, here is the path I set and the path of the folder...

Check the attached file.

Attachments

• w2ent.jpg
    w2ent.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 326
Top Bottom