[TW1] [Bug Fix] Fix for the Vizima Confidential Problem

+
DHawthorne and Lanfear, you're both very welcome! The Witcher is a great game, and I wanted people to be able to finish it, so I was happy to fix this bug.

Could someone please edit my save file? It doesn't work for me... It's saved right after the point where Raymond asks 200 orens and I can't give it to him.

https://www.mediafire.com/?mfjhbhm1690mpxg

Edit: Disregard. Stupid me forgot to restart the game before loading the save game -.- it works. Thank you

Hello Moderator Tommy, to solve this bug, the author recommended to use the Saved Game Editor, but this link for download doesn't work anymore, where I can find them? I have the same problem (I complete the cemetery quests before to talk with raymond about the suspect in the hospital)
Thanks for the attencion. Sorry for my english.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/492pmb7t9hk18lx/TWEditorEnhanced.zip here is the link

I'm having troubles to get it working though.. it's not very clear in the readme.. :( anyone care to help? the "target" for the java file isn't right, I tryed changing it to the one in program files but it didn't work either, any help would be much appreciated.

I'm having some trouble getting it to work as well.

The thread for TW1 save editor can be found here .
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/25830-TW1-tool-Save-game-editor

Corylea, Thanks for all your work helping with this bug and the other issues you've been updating on the forum. ScripterRon's SGE and FixVizimaConfidential.zip from the nexusmods by Cory Kerens (any relation?) did the trick for me.

Thanks also to strongforce and the Witcher Wikia for posting the current link to the SGE at http://www.mediafire.com/download/492pmb7t9hk18lx/TWEditorEnhanced.zip.

For Steam users, this post is invaluable: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340782606 Just follow the detailed step instructions and graphics.

W7 Ultimate and Pro, change the java target for the TWEditor Shortcut to: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\javaw.exe -Xmx256m -DTW.install.path= "<your install directory>" -DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar (ref Topper Harley post)

The Vizima Confidential bug fix saved me from giving up on The Witcher and I know it will help others who may encounter this bug in future playthroughs.

Last edited:
In my case, the editor works but I don't know how to fix the Vizima confidential. In the inventory tab lists doesn't show the quest in neither of them.

Oh, by the way, I can't find FixVizimaConfidential.zip in any post. Is that file essential?

Last edited:
I have encountered the same bug which makes my game stuck. I really don't want to start all over again so this quest fix would be great.
I've downloaded the Saved Game Editor and successfully got it to work.
But I still need the file FixVizimaConfidential.zip

You state "Download and unzip the FixVizimaConfidential.zip folder that's at the bottom of this post."
But there are no downloadable links to the quest file on the bottom of this thread neither does the downloadable link work(not even clickable).
I have searched or it elsewhere but it seems I just can't find it anywhere.
Please if you have the new quest file fix it would be great if you could put it out here or open the other links in this thread. Thank you

Last edited:
I have encountered the same bug which makes my game stuck. I really don't want to start all over again so this quest fix would be great.
I've downloaded the Saved Game Editor and successfully got it to work.
But I still need the file FixVizimaConfidential.zip

You state "Download and unzip the FixVizimaConfidential.zip folder that's at the bottom of this post."
But there are no downloadable links to the quest file on the bottom of this thread neither does the downloadable link work(not even clickable).
I have searched or it elsewhere but it seems I just can't find it anywhere.
Please if you have the new quest file fix it would be great if you could put it out here or open the other links in this thread. Thank you

The post was in 2012, in case you didn't notice, and unfortunately the forum software has changed since then, at which point the link would have been lost. Maybe someone still has it, so wait and see if there's any responses.

---------- Updated at 12:19 AM ----------

Well... that was fast. There was a valid link in a later post.
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/306/?

Just looking for a response to confirm I am on the right tracks here. I have downloaded the save game editor, and changed it's target path to match the updated java for modern versions of windows. I now can't get it to run properly, it errors on being unable to locate the witcher installation directory. I have read that this tends to be a steam issue, so I have decided to just screw it and use my key to download on GOG (and for some reason I'm not sure on it is a 24GB download now going at a nice steady rate to be complete in 2 hours ish).

If I then uninstall the steam version, having already acknowledged save files do not exist in the steamapps folder so they should be fine on a different client, will I be able to use the editor to fix this bug and then continue playing on GoG client version of the game?

Anyone have the fixvizemaconfidential.zip folder? All links are expired :/
Post automatically merged:

Nvm, files are all there just have to register to download. Thanks for this game saving fix!

Last edited:
Anyone have the fixvizemaconfidential.zip folder? All links are expired :/
Post automatically merged:

Nvm, files are all there just have to register to download. Thanks for this game saving fix!
Can you please post the link for fixvizemaconfidential.zip ?

Thanks so much, Corylea, if you're still around, for this stellar fix. For some reason, my using your fix also fixed the problem that the options wouldn't let me change the camera sensitivity.

Anyone consulting this post: Slow down, read all instructions, twice, both from the TWEditor readme and from this excellent post. It's all there.

Thank you very much for this! Followed the steps exactly for my steam installation and, 11 Years later, still works!

Top Bottom