[TW1][mod] Walk in OTS mode

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[TW1][mod] Walk in OTS mode

Finally, you can enjoy long walks in your favorite area in OTS camera mode.This mod will give you a new botton for walking, sorry no toggle yet!This is a little rough arround the edges, but it will do until I, or somebody else, will be able to come up with something more convenient.Cheers, and happy witching! :beer:

You are most welcome. ;)if anybody has ideas on how to make it a toggle please share, the only way i know is through inventory items.

;D ALRIGHT!! this is exactly what i was looking for....had a heck of a time finding a mod like this but, at last --thank you very very much kind sir.

Could someone please explain clearly how to install this module? I mean, should I just copy/paste the "Override" folder in the "Data" directory and replace the wgsdefs.lua file in the "scripts" folder?Thank you for your explanation.Edit : Ok, did as I asked above and it worked. I don't really understand how you did to make this work. I guess that having this function toggled would require some "IF" "THEN" scripting but I'm no programmer so I cannot help that much..Anyway, thanks for this mod.

The problem is not scripting a toggle, that's easy to do, it's how you call the script. Right now i don't know of a way to call a script via a key.

When you hit the function keys in order to change the camera view, is it a toggling action? Same thing with the combat style switching. Maybe the "code" of these actions could help you understand how to proceed for the walk toggle key?

These actions are pre-defined in the engine's source code, which we don't have and probably never will. So there's no means to make a "custom" action, a toggle can be done with scripting though, and is pretty easy, but as i said i have no idea if it's possible to call a script with a key.I tried all the available actions -i think- and found no toggle amongst them, but i may have missed some. And, if i remember correctly, Neverwinter nights didn't have a toggle either, in fact, it also had a seperate botton for walking, exactly like the case here.

Brilliant mod! I use the top left hand key on the keyboard for walk. And luckily I am just starting a new game, so straight away to be able to WALK up the slope AMONGST my Witcher compatriots was WAY MORE immersive than the silly littlejog I had to do before to 'stay back' with them!Total kudos to you!

I wished I could use the "left shift" key for the walk movement but this key is not recognized by the game.... I think I'll keep frustrated with the walk option for the rest of my life.

HI guys.. dear developers team i have only one appeal to you ... as your game is perfect and may be reffered to the masterpiece but i woud like you to add with game patch correction into control options - the toggle run/walk button ...cause sometimes i`d just like to be as the rest of the citizens and enjoy the picturesque background of ancient atmosfere.... :wave: Do not spam posts in unrelated threads. Duplicated deleted, threads merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom