[COMMUNITY SUPPORT]-Djinni error! - Please report problems / crashes / bugs here

+
[COMMUNITY SUPPORT]-Djinni error! - Please report problems / crashes / bugs here

Ok maybe this is not the place to ask but I don't know if there is a technical support topic for DJINNI....I am trying to star the djinni from The Witcher\system\djinni!.exe.....it loads for a moment then the loading screen appears....the loading bar goes app 60% with the message "Initializing game engine..." and then a blank pop-up appears with no message and an OK button...push the button and Djinni closes.......DOES anyone know anything about this?Did this happened to anybody else? Are there requirements for the tool or anything?U can see the error screen bellow....thank u!

Where is The Witcher installed? It could be issue if it is installed in a different location. Also Patch 1.3 must be installed prior to it working. Just a few thoughts. :)

Djinni installer automatically installs the program where The Witcher is installed so that is not an issue....I have installed 1.3 before installing Djinni so that is not the issue also....I just thought maybe someone else also encountered the same proble, but is seems that I am unique ;D....thank u anyway!P.S. I also modified my first entry: I start from The Witcher\System\djinni!.exe

hi guys just wondering if it's just me or everyone else share the same 'problem", when i try to play the new adventure map i found that the narration has gone meaning that it only has subtitle without anyone speaking at all, so is this normal or just me?thx!!!

The added 'adventure' does NOT include voice acting, nor is there any lip sync. It's a simple bonus module to play. If you were to create your own module, it will come out the same way unless you decide to add voices, etc. yourself.~ Roxy

Djinni crashes all the time I try to run the loaded adventure from it. I have Vista 64. So, since it's written in the readme that it's a known problem then cannot do anything about it but wait...

When I want to save module. Djinni write this:Could not create new GIT file for area g03. Save module: Cannot demand module resourceI can´t save any modules but other things are OK.

There could be issues depending upon the location of The Witcher, and the location of Djinni, when installed. It seems many areas could be hardcoded to the location C:\Program Files\The Witcher\Data and thus it could cause problems when installing it if you have a custom folder for The Witcher. I cannot completely confirm this myself, but based on how Djinni has acted in terms of locking folders to Data area, and Shared Documents for module files. I will try installing them into other directories to see, and also *may* be an issue in Vista.

Vaernus said:
There could be issues depending upon the location of The Witcher, and the location of Djinni, when installed. It seems many areas could be hardcoded to the location C:\Program Files\The Witcher\Data and thus it could cause problems when installing it if you have a custom folder for The Witcher. I cannot completely confirm this myself, but based on how Djinni has acted in terms of locking folders to Data area, and Shared Documents for module files. I will try installing them into other directories to see, and also *may* be an issue in Vista.
I don't have the game installed in program files so that may be the issue.I also tried installing it again and even re-installing (not in program files) the game and the 1.3 patch and than Djinni and it still didn't solve the problem. I run on Vista indeed...but I don't think all vista users have this issue... so I will try and install the game in program files even though I hate installing games there ;D

Whenever I try to start dijinni application I get an error message stating,The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details.I have 1.3 patch, but my game is in a custom folder, along with dijinni, so yes they are in the same folder. I am reinstalling C++ runtime and redistribute right now, not sure if it will help, but if anyone has any suggestions or not let me know. I'll get back to you and let you know if the C++ reinstall helped or not.Edit: Reinstalling C++ fixed the problem. Thanks.

DivineOne said:
I don't have the game installed in program files so that may be the issue.I also tried installing it again and even re-installing (not in program files) the game and the 1.3 patch and than Djinni and it still didn't solve the problem. I run on Vista indeed...but I don't think all vista users have this issue... so I will try and install the game in program files even though I hate installing games there ;D
I have it under Games\.... And I loaded up Dijinni just fine. I didn't do much with it...but got into it so where it is installed might not be the issue, maybe access rights on that folder though... Or just VIsta being a ... I heard they are pulling vista like they did with ME but that is just a rumor I heard.

I am having the same problem as the OP and Smokindan, can't get Djinni to initialize the game engine fully and load properly. This is a new error to me, as I have used it successfully before, and don't understand the problem. I have tried all the remedies listed above, and nothing seems to work. I am using XP x64 SP2 OS. Can anyone help here?

Do the xml import and the export operate completely?It fails in the replacement of the dlg file though I am making witcher of a Japanese version. ex...1.tutorial.dlg is 245kb size.2.export tutorial.xml3.The text is added to the langReserved8 tag. 4.inport tutorial.xml5.save6.tutorial.dlg is 240kb size and not work.However, it operates when changing directly with the djinni.and Operating tutorial.dlg is 245kb size.By the way, this seems to operate in Japanese. http://pict.or.tp/img/54251.jpg

1.) Crash: using the module import wizard twice results in a nice out of memory error. dunno why djinni needs that much RAM the second time :)After that I can't do anything with the editor, not even saving my current project (which is quite critical)http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4751/outofmemoryrf4.png2.) Cutscene Editor: not actually a bug, but not very user-friendly: expanding the cutscene duration by pressing END and inserting a keyframe by pressing INSERT works only after you click on the timeline. It does not work if you click on the property names (like Position, Orientation, etc.) which is in fact what I normally dohttp://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5047/cutsceneeditoryp0.png3.) Crash: clicking on 'Animation Sets' always crashes D'jinni.http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/8342/animationsetsij1.jpg

Working with keyframes is nothing but horrible and frustrating. After repositioning 2 or 3 keyframes Djinni crashes for no obvious reason. It's like working with an alpha version. Pretty please with sugar on top make the editor much more stable, it's just no fun at all at the moment.

Top Bottom