Can't get Drinking and Fistfighting mini-game to work on my mod The Weird World of the Witcher

+
Can't get Drinking and Fistfighting mini-game to work on my mod The Weird World of the Witcher

I've seen that others have asked about how to activate the fistfighting mini-game in The Witcher 1 on this forum, but I haven't got much help from those threads, so I'm starting a new one. However, I'm even more in the dark about how to get the Drinking mini-game to work, so start there if you want to help me. It seems easier to get it to work than the fistfighting (no special skill or such needed), the only thing I'm wondering about is the so-called Fail_Script that activates when you've drunk too much.

On the Djinni Wiki it says "Action Param 1: Fail_Script – contains the script which will be activated when Geralt becomes light-headed and comatose as a result of too much drinking" but doesn't say anything about what you need to put in that field (if anything) or other stuff needed to activate it. I want to have Geralt and Zoltan drink with each other and then when Geralt wins, Zoltan will say "I swore on this stone that no human would outdrink me". I guess getting him to say that after Geralt wins is done with a script or similar, that's set to activate as soon as the mini-game ends, but I don't know how to do that either.

As for the fistfighting, I've had some success getting it to work once I discovered the sg_fistfight script, which I found while browsing The Wedding mod's files. I get the yellow circle on Azar and Geralt is bouncing about, but Azar doesn't have any fists equipped and Geralt can't attack either (just stands there waving his arms as if to goad/mock Azar). I can't find the "Fists" weapon anywhere in the inventory and thus can't equip Azar with them, but I know it's "it_fists_001" from looking at The Wedding mod. Just writing "it_fists_001" in the inventory field does nothing. The Wedding mod used a script to add fists to the Fisher King (see attached picture, he's tagged "rybak" in the script), but I can't read it well enough to see how that script works. What does OBrute in that script refer to? I haven't seen OBrute used anywhere else, so I don't know what to replace it with, to get it to work with my mod.

I haven't found the actual sg_fistfight script anywhere, so I just wrote "sg_fistfight" in the action script field of the last dialogue node and it worked (except for no-fists-Azar just standing around). The gameplay dialogue Fistfight setting, "Show me what you got", doesn't seem to do much good (only works as intended with Dice Poker), so I used a normal dialogue node where Azar said "Now, let's settle this", ending the conversation and starting the fistfight. I've downloaded more mods to try and figure out/reverse engineer the scripts used to activate fistfighting, so maybe I'll get lucky, but this is my first mod so I could really use what help I can get.

Attachments

• Fistfight script.jpg
    Fistfight script.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 79
Top Bottom