[ACT I] Stuck in Cave

+
[ACT I] Stuck in Cave

I'm stuck inside the cave with Alvin after killing some Guy's, he say's "Follow Me" and takes me to a wall, that i guess i'm suposed to knock down.. But i just cant seem to knock it down using Aard , so i'm stuck. played it over a few times and still the same thing. cant continue because thats the only way out..Any idears?thx in advance.

Yes have used the right mouse butt, I'v tryied it in Vista and XP saved reloaded it, even played it through again. still stuck.

There must be something your not doing as it should... Is the sign selected (press on 1 or is it F1) or click on it with left mouse button. Then, get as close to the rumbles and right click on them.Sorry if a am not sure of the keys but, i didn't really layed much yet lol

What are you trying to break with Aard ? The magical barrier (wall) or the pile of rumbles blocking the way ?Couls you send me the savegame to my email, i will try it out !

Hi, I'll send the save game, to you.. It's the Rubble blocking the way through the cave..Thx..

I am having the same problem except no one is in the cave except for two boys that say "don't kill me" and "they're to take us from our parents". I keep trying to blast the wall but nothing happens. After I killed Salamander's men they did not drop a bomb or anything useful to get out. Not sure what else to do.

How did you guys get Alvin in the cave. I went back to a save point just before i went to the cave with the salamander guys and he is in the chapel skipping around and says something about a funeral.

I guess it's a bug. There are more poeple who have trouble. Acutally you just need one Aard blow to break through, even on low upgrade of Aard. And you can't miss the "right" wall even if you decide to explore the cave and then flollow Alvin. He waits there patiently until you arrive ;D

I also didnt break this wall for a first time. But when i got closer to this wall everything happened ;D

I would just like to add that I have the EXACT same problem. I've been stuck on this part for over a year. I gave up the game, but recently downloaded a new patch hoping that would fix it...but nope, this wall will not break down for anything. Sigh...waste of my moneeey

I'm not technically skilled enough to comment on this issue but you should give the game another try. Ask here for a save game after the wall is down or after the beast is dead so that you can continue ;)

Finally started to play this game, applied all the patches, new video card and awesome... I'm stuck in the cave. The boy is there, but I cannot break down the wall.What a let down.Has there been no bug fix progress on this?When I installed the game, I applied up to v1.4 of the patches before I got started.What can I do?

LowRider2112 said:
I'm stuck in the cave. The boy is there, but I cannot break down the wall.
It sounds like you're talking about the cave in Chapter 1, where you defeat the Salamandra thugs, and Alvin points out a section of the cave wall that looks like it can be broken down?What you need to do is use your Sign. Cast Aard at the wall.

Heh, heh, thanks for the tip, but I've been casting that all day long. Near, far, it doesn't matter. I even spent all my points on it thinking it was too weak, but I am still not able to blast down the wall.Is there something else from another quest I need perhaps, or am I just stuck on this bug?I have EE and am playing on Win7, btw.

LowRider2112 said:
Heh, heh, thanks for the tip, but I've been casting that all day long. Near, far, it doesn't matter. I even spent all my points on it thinking it was too weak, but I am still not able to blast down the wall.
Plain ole Aard is supposed to work; you don't need to put points into it.
Is there something else from another quest I need perhaps, or am I just stuck on this bug?
If Alvin has come over and told you that he thinks that wall over there looks weak, then it should be the right time to break it down.There are two things you can try:1. Try restoring from an earlier save. Sometimes saved games become glitched for no apparent reason, and there are all manner of things that look like intractable bugs that aren't there when using an earlier save.2. If you try that and it doesn't work, upload your saved game somewhere and post the address. I'll download it and take a look at it for you.

Thank you very much for your quick responses, btw.I will reload before I enter the cave and try a few things. I think in the cave where the ghouls were there is another place to try and knock down with Aard which I can try.I'll let you know how it goes and I'll post my save game if it still doesn't work. Thank you.

LowRider2112 said:
Finally started to play this game, applied all the patches, new video card and awesome... I'm stuck in the cave. The boy is there, but I cannot break down the wall.What a let down.Has there been no bug fix progress on this?When I installed the game, I applied up to v1.4 of the patches before I got started.What can I do?
Feel free to ask in the link provided for someones saved game to either just before or after breaking the wall down .Are you now on the 1.5 patch ?http://tw1.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=23708.420

Top Bottom