Making time pass in this game is completely irritating

+
Making time pass in this game is completely irritating

So, I don't know who decided it would be a great idea to make time passage dependent on campfires/inns, but they can kindly take a long walk off a short pier. Seriously, I don't need to brew potions. I don't need to heal. I don't need to meditate. I just need to freaking sit in a chair in the corner for 3 hours and wait for dusk. Or better yet, how about not making most of the quests dependent on time of day, so that for every 2 minutes of talking I do to progress the plot, I spend 15 running running back an forth to the complete other side of town to the inn just I can make time pass again.

I am otherwise enjoying this game, but holy heck, I hope this gets fixed in the sequels. If not, it seriously needs to be fixed. If you insist on making quests time of day dependent, you either need to let me wait wherever (at cost of not being able to heal or brew potions) or else be much *much* more generous with locations of campfires and inns.

sv3672

Forum veteran
ontarah;n7503700 said:
I am otherwise enjoying this game, but holy heck, I hope this gets fixed in the sequels. If not, it seriously needs to be fixed. If you insist on making quests time of day dependent, you either need to let me wait wherever (at cost of not being able to heal or brew potions) or else be much *much* more generous with locations of campfires and inns.

In the sequels, you can meditate anywhere at any time, except in some situations where it obviously would not make sense (in combat, while swimming, etc.). Also, the time of day was made much less important than in TW1. Not sure if I consider these improvements, though, I find the more restrictive system in the first game more immersive. There is one unusual limitation only in TW2, however: you can only drink potions during meditation, and thus not while in combat.

ontarah;n7503700 said:
So, I don't know who decided it would be a great idea to make time passage dependent on campfires/inns, but they can kindly take a long walk off a short pier. Seriously, I don't need to brew potions. I don't need to heal. I don't need to meditate. I just need to freaking sit in a chair in the corner for 3 hours and wait for dusk. Or better yet, how about not making most of the quests dependent on time of day, so that for every 2 minutes of talking I do to progress the plot, I spend 15 running running back an forth to the complete other side of town to the inn just I can make time pass again.

To be honest TW1 had a lot of back and forth traveling. It is a common gameplay design mistake.
If that's tiffing you off, just wait until TW2 where you have to meditate out of combat BEFORE a combat encounter in order to CONSUME a potion. You're going to be livid like I was.

My take: Beat them both on the easiest difficulty on your way, to TW3. Fully explore every side quest and dialouge tree, maybe TW2 twice because it plays so differently depending on who you "side" with.

Top Bottom