Chapter 3

+
Chapter 3

I`ve read a lot of wikis about chapter 3. I`am only interested, the order of the missions i should take. I want maximum experience and all that, what missions are stand alone and not related and the missions that are releated to others and the order i should take them.

I`ve read a lot of wikis about chapter 3. I`am only interested, the order of the missions i should take. I want maximum experience and all that, what missions are stand alone and not related and the missions that are releated to others and the order i should take them.

There are a few useful tips.
1. (I gave you this one under a spoiler tag already.) Do Yaevinn's and Siegfried's quests before going to the party.
2. After you find the lost boy in the swamp, talk to Vaska about him before you talk to her about anything else. (There's a bug that causes the quest to fail if you do otherwise.)
3. Yaren Bolt has another quest for you even though his dialogue option is grayed. When you get it, do it immediately. (If you let it go stale, he will yell at you, and it fails.)
4. The faction that you side against at the Bank will be closed to you in Act IV. You can always play Neutral, no matter what you do at the Bank. The greatest XP is on Neutral anyway.
And this one needs a spoiler tag:
For best results in "Blue Eyes", side with the vampires.

The other important 'sequence' regarding the Yaevinn and Siegfried quests, to maximise experience is:
- Acquire the "Echoes of Yesterday" quest but don't proceed with it.
- Acquire the "Six Feet Under" quest and complete it
- Complete the "Echoes of Yesterday" quest
Both quests to be done before attending the Posh Reception, as Guy said.

I also have a note about grinding for Alps before doing either of those two quests, but I can't remember why I made a note of that.

The funny thing is, in chapter 2 i`ve already side with scoia`tel in force recon, and i don`t know how, but none of the blacksmiths didn`t want to trade with me. I sided with scoia`tel and finish suspect vivaldi first, then i`ve finish suspect Vicent and Thaler, and i don`t know why, but it`s like i`m with both sides :))

---------- Updated at 07:29 PM ----------

1. (I gave you this one under a spoiler tag already.) Do Yaevinn's and Siegfried's quests before going to the party

You mean the missions in chapter 3 right? Those 4 releated missions Dragonbird is talking about.

---------- Updated at 07:30 PM ----------

I was thinking to do all the quests, except the ones you take from the banquet.

The funny thing is, in chapter 2 i`ve already side with scoia`tel in force recon, and i don`t know how, but none of the blacksmiths didn`t want to trade with me. I sided with scoia`tel and finish suspect vivaldi first, then i`ve finish suspect Vicent and Thaler, and i don`t know why, but it`s like i`m with both sides :))

---------- Updated at 07:29 PM ----------

You mean the missions in chapter 3 right? Those 4 releated missions Dragonbird is talking about.

---------- Updated at 07:30 PM ----------

I was thinking to do all the quests, except the ones you take from the banquet.

The ones I mean are the ones Dragonbird listed, "Six Feet Under" for Siegfried (find him outside the Order cloister) and "Echoes of Yesterday" for Yaevinn (find him in the Druids' grove). If you go to the party first, you can do only one of these.

And for best results, be sure to
In "Beauty and the Beast", cure the werewolf.
In "Blue Eyes", side with the vampires.

I thought the Order armorer would cut you off if you sided with the Scoia'tael in "Force Recon".

I don't think you can grind Alps until Act IV, but you can definitely grind Alps then. Last time I played "Echoes of Yesterday", I encountered only the Bruxa.

In other words don`t go to the party. What about "The King`s Men"? I hope it`s not like Vizima`s Confidential, because i swear the god chapter two was hell, until i`ve managed to do everything by the book :))

In other words don`t go to the party. What about "The King`s Men"? I hope it`s not like Vizima`s Confidential, because i swear the god chapter two was hell, until i`ve managed to do everything by the book :))

Please read what we wrote and don't try to read something else that you think we wrote.

Dragonbird and I both wrote, more or less, "Do the quests for Siegfried ('Six Feet Under') and Yaevinn ('Echoes of Yesterday') BEFORE GOING TO THE PARTY."

We did not write "DO NOT GO TO THE PARTY."

You cannot advance Act III without going to the party. You must go to the party. But you can do other quests before.

Please play the game and stop asking for so many spoilers.

It took me 4 times to finnaly finish chapter 2 by the book ;)

---------- Updated at 10:02 PM ----------

And i met "don`t go to the party yet",of course i have to go to the party.

The order that you do things in Chapter 3 onwards isn't as complicated as Chapter 2.
You'll find that you can't complete several quests until you go to the party, especially the "Contract" ones, but yes, advance all quests up to the point where they're blocked before you go.
And, as I mentioned earlier, acquire the "Echoes of Yesterday" quest before you complete "Six Feet Under".

I think my note about the Alps is because one source of them disappears after completing those quests. So it's only relevant if you're grinding them for XP.

Yes, there are Alps in the Elven ruins in "Echoes of Yesterday". They may not appear, however; they frequently have not appeared for me.

Alps are numerous in Act IV.

I can always use cheat engine ;). For example in chapter 2, were only 8 drowned dead in the swamp and they were not respawning so i used cheat engine to add 2 more items you take from the drowned dead (forgot how they are called)

---------- Updated at 01:03 PM ----------

Anyway, completing "six feed under" & "echoes of yesterday" before going to the banquet. Any other missions i might loose experience if i attend to the banquet?

I can always use cheat engine ;). For example in chapter 2, were only 8 drowned dead in the swamp and they were not respawning so i used cheat engine to add 2 more items you take from the drowned dead (forgot how they are called)

---------- Updated at 01:03 PM ----------

Anyway, completing "six feed under" & "echoes of yesterday" before going to the banquet. Any other missions i might loose experience if i attend to the banquet?

Those are the only two. Also note the "Lost Lamb" is bugged: be sure to complete it and talk to Vaska about it before finishing other quests for her.

Funny, usually the swamp is so full of drowned dead that I can make my quota by the time I reach the lumberjacks' camp. Also, they respawn at midnight.

I`ve found a bug or a problem, i`m still in order`s favor, even though i`ve helped Yavenn to get away, i chose to do the "gold rush" mission my own way, also i`ve spared the werewolf for now, and when i go to the order smith to sell illegal swords it says "go away atheist" wth?

I`ve found a bug or a problem, i`m still in order`s favor, even though i`ve helped Yavenn to get away, i chose to do the "gold rush" mission my own way, also i`ve spared the werewolf for now, and when i go to the order smith to sell illegal swords it says "go away atheist" wth?

Not a bug. Gold Rush is the first of the two path-deciding quests. Helping Yaevinn locks out the "Order" path. (And helping the Order would lock you out of using Dwarf blacksmiths).

There's a neutral smith in the market area that you can still use.

The problem is his apprentice does trade with me, while dwarven smith and his apprentice doesn`t trade. Could it be because i`ve done "echoes of yesterday" before "six feed under"? Plus i have FCR + RotWW installed.

Top Bottom