A Lost Lamb

+
A Lost Lamb

Hello

everyone,

i encountered this problem, in the swamp, i completed Veska's quest to rescue the brickmackers, and there is a boy with me most of the time, he appears in dialogs, he tells me i'm tall and ugly, i never had this problem before. it's supposed that Veska will give me the quest a lost lamb to rescue this boy, but she doesn't give the quest, i talk to her and she only talks about the war, and the boy is with me, wtf

I must admit, this is a quest I've never paid much attention to, but
- The quest is given in Chapter II. You initially go to speak to the druids, and the dryad, and get nowhere.
- Near the end of Chapter III you find the child while rescuing the brickmakers. He's unmistakeable, talking weird religious stuff and wearing a silly hat.
- You report back to Vaska that you fnd the child. As others have pointed out, if you talk to Vaska about freeing the brickmakers first, the quest fails.

I have to admit, I've never tried delaying it, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be possible to GET the quest in Chapter III.

You receive the 'Lost Lamb' quest in Act II in the Swamp. If you missed it initially, then you may have a dead-end quest, here, in Act III.

i encountered this problem, in the swamp, i completed Veska's quest to rescue the brickmackers, and there is a boy with me most of the time, he appears in dialogs, he tells me i'm tall and ugly, i never had this problem before. it's supposed that Veska will give me the quest a lost lamb to rescue this boy, but she doesn't give the quest, i talk to her and she only talks about the war, and the boy is with me, wtf

Is it the boy who speaks strangely, whom you found in the cave in Act III?

---------- Updated at 12:41 AM ----------

"he tells me i'm tall and ugly"
Pretty sure that's not the lost lamb.

Ay, probably not, but I don't see any other little boys who follow Geralt in the Swamp. . . .

Ay, probably not, but I don't see any other little boys who follow Geralt in the Swamp. . . .

Depends how long he's been following Geralt for. You do get the annoying little brats who follow you around short-term and say stuff like that (or maybe I'm getting it mixed up with real life).

I don't remember the Lost Lamb being physically present at the time I told Vaska I'd found him. I only remember seeing him in the cave itself.

No, no, it's not just you -- they do follow him about. . .but I don't recall any doing it in the Swamp. They're in Vizima, but not in the brick-makers' village, unless I'm mistaken. Maybe it is a glitch. It would help if @cyberpunkforever were here to give us more details about the problem.

And you're in Act III now? Sorry to keep asking the same questions, but I'm trying to reference the problem in my game.

If you didn't receive the quest in Act II, and are now in Act III, you have a problem. The quest is at a dead-end, as it was not given at the right time, so thus can't be resolved. I can't tell you any more, other than the painful advice to reload an earlier save from Act II, if you still have one, and are willing to go through it all again, just for this one quest.
Sorry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom