The Paths of Destiny [Progression Bug]

+
The Paths of Destiny [Progression Bug]

Hello,
I was hoping somebody would be able to fix my save so that I may progress the story. What I believe happened was that since I was unable finish the The Paths of Destiny quest before Heat of the Day, I have been unable to progress the story past
Defeating Dagon by the ruby quest
. I was hoping somebody would be so kind as to fix my save since I've no luck in figuring out how to alter the quest completion logs for The Paths of Destiny. I believe this is what is preventing me from seeing Berengar spawn.
Instead he's chilling by the lakeside campfire for eternity
This is my save file: https://mega.co.nz/#!lw9n3bYB!XpNBX-7d6d8Hiw9mzWnEI66bHfQ7ziNM_d1vGJImzWk
I've been working at searching for a solution to this all day, and I'd appreciate it if someone helped me out.
Many thanks in advance,
Roamin

Edit: I think Alvin was also supposed to talk with me, but he was interrupted by the Nightwraith as she tried hijacking the conversation as I spawned in.

Last edited:
I think you have a problem, similar to the one in this link. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/29396-Stuck-at-the-end-of-Chapter-IV

I would try to fix it for you, but I don't know if I could, since @ReptilePZ also had a problem fixing that other guy's save, by just playing through it. He can definitely help you though. Anyway I'll give it a try just to see what happens.

Edit: Yeah as expected this save file doesn't help me at all, maybe if you can provide a save file, before getting the sword from the Lady of the Lake, I might be able to fix it for you. I think you just played through the quests in the wrong order, since the Paths of Destiny quest is not in the correct quest phase. You should talk to the Lady of the Lake about Berengar, then go talk to Berengar, and after that talk to the Lady again. All that before getting the sword, meaning before finishing the Heat of Day quest. Anyway, if you have no clue on how to do it, upload a previous save like I said, and I should be able to fix it.

Last edited:
I thank you, but I'm thinking at that rate I might as well replay act IV since so much grinding happened between those saves. Instead, could you tell me the proper order these quests must be done so that I don't run into the problem again? Also, are there any more progression bugs I may run into in this game?

I thank you, but I'm thinking at that rate I might as well replay act IV since so much grinding happened between those saves. Instead, could you tell me the proper order these quests must be done so that I don't run into the problem again?

Check out the link I showed you in the first post, ReptilePZ explains it.

When the Lady of the Lake tells you about destiny and Berengar, remember to talk to him and then report back to her, and you should be fine I think.

Talk to both Julian and the priest about Dagon before you even go to the Lady, finish up Berengar's quest (you'll have a conversation about Destiny with him, and you'll need to report back to the Lady - that's when it's "done") and the Heat of the Day quest before talking to the Lady about Dagon.

Thanks guys, I'll do that. I appreciate the help. =)

Edit: I think I'm on the right path now--
Alvin asked Geralt about witchers as soon as he returned from the island rather than when he was in the fields where the Nightwraith Celina can interrupt the dialog- stopping Alvin's quest from updating.

Edit2: It worked! The path @ReptilePZ mentioned and @StaGiors referenced works, and I can progress now.

Last edited:

Top Bottom