Shadow Issue and Camera Question

+
Shadow Issue and Camera Question

I've completed my PC build and have played about 15 minutes of the game, specifically the prologue. I've noticed that some of the cameras are very oddly placed in dialogue scenes. For example, the cutscene just after the initial combat tutorial has a camera angle that cuts off the top part of Triss' head... which is a strange position. This occurs a few times throughout the prologue. Was the game programmed as such, or am I experiencing a slight bug?

An obvious bug that I am experiencing is a sort of shadow-phasing issue. When running up the ramp towards the second level(?) of Kaer Morhen just after the initial phase of the combat tutorial, all of the characters' shadows show correctly on the ground, but they also show on the ground beneath the ramp where they should not be. Now that I think of it, this could potentially be a lighting issue as well... I'm not sure, however, which is why I'm asking for help and ultimately a solution.

PS: After collapsing the archway just before the Frightener, Triss' casting FX hangs above her head. This didn't happen on my old(er) PC, nor my laptop.

My current specs are:
-Intel i5-6500
-EVGA GeForce 1060 6GB Gaming
-1x8GB DDR4 2133Mhz
-ASRock H170A-X1
-1TB WD Blue HDD
-Corsair CX500

EDIT: I'm at work right now, so I can't try any fixes. I have found a thread on the Steam forums that indicate that an SLI setting may be the culprit of my shadow issue.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1101932

Any confirmation on this?

EDIT2: After further research, it seems SLI completely buggers this game, even if you are not using SLI.

Last edited:
Top Bottom