Recent content by Sken

+
  1. S

After new 1.5 update game flatlines at startup

I was having the same issue. Didn't have anything Nahimic related on my system. Uninstalled, and then deleted the folder from my hard drive so there were no remnants of the prior installation. Did a clean install, and it works.
  2. S

What do you desire for the first expansion (not DLC) ? Make a list

I felt the main game didn't have enough quality side quests to make up for the short main quest. I feel they may have a lot of cut and/or unfinished content that didn't make the final game. Hopefully they can finish these and add to a Blood and Wine size first expansion that fills Night City...
  3. S

Decent RPG with normal cutscenes like Witcher 3

This may be pushing the boundary a bit from your request, but Ghost of Tsushima is worth a look in, its a really good Assassins Creed style game set in Japan.
  4. S

What was your first minor dissapointment in the game?

The life-paths. Started as Nomad, within 20 mins I was in Night City on the main quest. I thought I had made a mistake, and missed a Nomad quest-line so I restarted the game. Lo and behold that was it, very meager beginning, expected at least a couple of hours in the Badlands before entering...
  5. S

What did you expect from Cyberpunk 2077 and you didn't get?

I liked the game for what it was, but I expected: A lot more meaty and dark cyberpunk sidequests due to the shorter main story I expected Lifepaths to be integral throughout the game and unique I expected Militech and Trauma Team to be important, dangerous and in your face I expected gangs to...
  6. S

Prologue DLC needed?

I voted no. After bug fixes and stability improvements, their best bet is to release meaty expansions. These expansions would hopefully enrich Night City with an abundance of quality quests with branching narratives, and meaningful choice and consequence. I feel the expansions is their...
  7. S

Patch 1.1

Just a tip, if using Steam or GOG, verify integrity of your files. I always do this after any patch update for any game. In this instance, verifying downloaded 1 file.
  8. S

Maybe it's all Red Engine's fault?

The main issue is 'time'. The game was rushed to market, as a result: Features had to be cut Unfinished quests had to be cut Unfinished systems cut Insufficient testing and polishing time provided And who knows how many other things were cut we are simply not aware of All these things give...
  9. S

Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

Where were all the side quests? The few side missions were good to great, but considering the short main story, I expected an abundance of meaty side quests. There were fewer side quests in this game than there were in Velen alone, it was really lacking. I did not think much of most of the...
  10. S

CDPR you can still fix this.

I'm in two minds about where they go from here. Obviously bug fixes and optimization will happen anyway. For the benefit of the expansions, I would think systems will be improved, such as AI, wanted system, world interactivity and so on, but I'm not really confident they will go back and add...
  11. S

Global release timings

Its really happening, I have Cyberpunk files on my computer. Its been a long 8 years.
  12. S

Cyberpunk 2077 - GOLD

Congrats to the team!
  13. S

Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

Loved what I am seeing, and very interested in brain-dance. Hopefully its not overused, and there are options for relaxation, entertainment, and so on. I like the concept of each Night City episode focusing on a feature, this time brain-dance, maybe next time RPG mechanics. Where I see the...
  14. S

Once upon a time... or, How should the game begin?

Game starts in a Braindance, you relive an experience, part of that is recreating actions that would serve as a tutorial.
  15. S

Character looks

When I first read up on the Rockerboy character, my mind instantly went to 1980's Bono, around the Conspiracy of Hope / Joshua Tree tour timeframe. Back then, the band were politically charged, and highly influential. I think that will be my go to design if possible.
Top Bottom