Search results

+
  1. C

Analysis: With Witcher 3 CDPR no longer treat the players like adults [SPOILERS]

Wow, where to start on this one. It seems like you either have a very selective memory or simply never played the other games. Witcher 1 and 2 had some pretty obvious EVIL characters. Azar Javed and the Professor both were very ugly looking and despicable men without any redeeming qualities...
  2. C

How does Geralt get his letter from Yen ?

Yeah, Yen probably summoned a black kestrel to deliver the letter to Geralt. A megascope does not make sense here. By the time of Assassins of Kings, Yen already had regained all of her memory, and word of Geralt's approximate whereabouts probably reached her through Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen...
  3. C

Alchemy and Crafting Thread

To me the alchemy system of the first Witcher is still the best. It had depth, and alchemical knowledge truly could make a difference in many ways. The secondary ingredients also gave your potions some nice side effects, making it really worth it to get good at alchemy. Witcher 2...
  4. C

Yeah the bird is the best explanation, and such a scenario is actually backed by the books. Yen of course also leaves more clues behind like the crystallized crow skull.
  5. C

Yes thank you, this could be a good explanation! It's just a minor detail in terms of story telling, but since it is never specifically mentioned, it sort of makes me wonder how certain things went down between the time of Assassins of Kings and Wild Hunt.
  6. C

How does Geralt get his letter from Yen ? Hello all, Perhaps this has been officially explained somewhere, and if so, then I simply miss this piece of information. At the end of Assassins of Kings, Geralt learns from both Letho en Sille that Yennefer is actually alive and somewhere in...
  7. C

Timeline Issues

Yeah, either that, or Vernon made a mistake, which just happens. In real life people can make mistakes as well, so not everything that is said within the story should be considered fact. Characters could state things that are untrue. I agree that these games indeed are in their own universe...
  8. C

Timeline Issues

Fair enough ! The games still contradict themselves though. Vernon Roche clearly states that his report details events that happened 5 years earlier, yet the report itself states the year was 1268 when the Rivian pogrom took place. Since Witcher 2 is set in 1271, it becomes a strange...
  9. C

Timeline Issues

1268 is officially the year in which the peace t of Cintra was declared. The battle of Brenna actually took place at an earlier time. How much earlier is not really clear. Anyway, the fact that there is confusion about these dates, and the first Witcher game stating that we are in the year...
  10. C

Timeline Issues

Well I've read the Engish translations, but unfortunately not all of the books are translated yet. If you would take time and explain certain things to me, I would appreciate that very much. I do however think that you should write me a PM instead of posting it here, so that other people aren't...
  11. C

Witcher 3 environment

As far as I know the game will have a day/night cycle and changing weather types.
  12. C

Timeline Issues

OK, I had this wild tangent of ideas how some of the earlier mentioned discrepancies in the timeline might actually work. I think that most of it, if not all might actually be by design on CDPR's part. If true it makes for one hell of a complicated storyline, where certain paradoxes are part of...
  13. C

Stealth system ?

I think stealth in the Witcher 2 was pretty bad. It felt tagged on, and everything was way too scripted. I'm glad this won't return.
  14. C

Timeline Issues

Well, I feel that the medieval world of The Witcher is very much like our own medieval europe was during the dark ages. Nilfgaard being this sort of Spainish empire that is on a mission of conquest bringing "civilization". Furthermore the lands are in chaos by a ravaging plague (Catriona)...
  15. C

Timeline Issues

Well, you are right, it isn't easy to set up a useful epoch. The Gregorian calendar sort of works, but there are still dates that don't necessarily work. Easter is still a date depending on moon stances, and we still have to apply leap years to correct other issues. The Witcher lore however...
  16. C

Timeline Issues

Recently I have been pondering this timeline again, and lets just start with the basics, because a lot of things aren't really clear in this regard. What I do know is that there is an Elvish calendar, that roughly divides a year into 8 periods the Elves call "Savaeds". These Savaed periods are...
  17. C

The Witcher 3 Alchemy System

I agree. I think this new system can actually work in the game's favour. Instead of doing dull grindworthy stuff, which basically means rince and repeat type of actions gameplay wise, finding ingredients now becomes more important and immersive.
  18. C

Timeline Issues

LOL !!! Well it's hard not to see this one ! On-topic: Lets hope Wild Hunt will give us some clarity.
  19. C

The Witcher 3 Alchemy System

Personally I think alchemy and potion drinking in TW2 sucked. Compared to Witcher 1 the alchemy system of 2 was simplified to a point where it wasn't fun. I hated how they scrapped the secondary elements in all the ingredients, which in Witcher 1 gave us the oppertunity to brew some very potent...
  20. C

(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

I voted "Great" I think she fits the description well, although in my mind she looks a tad too old.
Top Bottom