Search results

+
  1. P

Another way to get Haggling Ability?

Chapter 1 merchant is your only opportunity to get Haggling. For some reason, players can accept and do not question that the only way to get the "Assassin" Ability is to find Altair in the Prologue. But, when it comes to the Haggling Ability - theories abound about alternate ways to achieve...
  2. P

How to shorten load times without deleting files?

Yes, having a lot of save files in the main folder will slow down load / save times drastically. I try to keep a maximum of 25 saves in that folder - and usually much less. That will keep the load / save times to a minimum. If you desire to keep all your save files (which I recommend), just...
  3. P

TW2: How can I keep a save fot later?

The only downside to keeping all your saves is that you will quickly end up with 100's - even 1000's of saves (if you make a lot of manual save points) and your saving / loading time will be intolerable while you wait for the game to index this volume. You will notice the sluggish load / save...
  4. P

adrenaline meter

OK, call me confused. Though you say you "I built this computer myself" - the specs certainly point to it being a laptop. Nonetheless, it SHOULD be able to run the game sufficiently if you keep the settings low enough so as to ensure a good frame rate. You comment that you had a problem...
  5. P

adrenaline meter

You don't need to worry about the Adrenaline bar for the Kayran fight. You DO need to worry if your PC is not hardcore enough to process that scene properly. If you can't get through - try lowering the settings, changing the resolution to a low one, and run in windowed mode. - OK - I think...
  6. P

What do I do after I dl TW1 import to TW2

I'm glad this worked out as well. Corylea, I was sure that you were being trolled after reading through this thread... You have the patience of a saint. Bless.
  7. P

Help Please! I Deleted Some Old Saves > Now Lag Is Horrible

As long as the saves are not corrupted, your Steam saves will work with the GOG version. For organization, I suggest that you make a separate folder to hold your saves. As mentioned above, you can keep the lag time when saving and loading to a minimum if your witcher2\gamesaves folder is kept...
  8. P

CDPR is looking for Multiplayer Programmer for TW3

Ya, Ya... Last time I was told that - it was a total exaggeration and she still wanted me to pay at the end...
  9. P

Help Please! I Deleted Some Old Saves > Now Lag Is Horrible

Why don't you simply download your backup copy from GOG, install it and forget Steam all together? I see more issues with with this game and Steam on these forums...
  10. P

Bought game and CD/DVD drive broken =(

Yes, GOG is the easiest and best way to have this game. And new CD/DVD drives are very cheap.
  11. P

Infinite Loading Screen.. Help Please? :(

Also, ensure you clear out your savegame directory frequently. Just make another folder somewhere to store your savegames... the advantages are two-fold. You will be able to organize your saves so they will make sense when you go back to them, and your load / save times will be drastically...
  12. P

Witcher 2 limited edition mouse issue

You would be better to use it without a specific driver, anyway - but that is not the issue. If it disconnects the USB connection after a few minutes, then you have a physical issue. The pins are bent on the mouse USB end, or the USB socket on the box is loose or faulty. I suppose, to cover...
  13. P

Auto-Saves

Similar to what Tommy said... When I start a new game of W2, I build a folder structure to keep the savegames for that playthrough. I use separate folders for each Act, and also make a folder for each important decision. Then I simply dump the savegames in the appropriate folders at the end...
  14. P

wil this pc run it on max? and how long will this pc last for gaming?

Do not bother looking until you are ready to buy. Then you simply try to get the best bang for your dollar at that time. New product comes out about every 3 minutes, so as soon as you buy something, it is effectively outdated, LOL.
  15. P

Mouse response way too fast!

Well, that's one I have never heard of before. It doesn't actually make sense to me - but if it worked for you, great. While wireless mice may be handy and they have gotten much better than the original versions, I have always been a proponent of using a wired mouse for gaming for their more...
  16. P

Slightly disapointed, and quick question.

My pupils do not dilate during sex, either.
  17. P

Is there a way to backup the install to play on a new hard drive?

Most installed programs will not copy over very nicely. They need to be installed to have all their links and registry entries added in and linked properly. I would think the easiest way would be to take GOG up on their offer to get a digital version http://www.gog.com/en/witcher2/backup/ and...
  18. P

I am SO disgusted...

What you have is a cute little PC that is good for surfin' the net, doing email and looking at the occasional youtube video. Just where did you get the idea that you could game on this? Particularly a game that is known to stress even the baddest of configurations.
  19. P

Patch 3.2 now available!

Nobody does it better... Baby, you're the best. (sounds so much better when Carly Simon sings it!)
  20. P

Wierd Freezing (pc)

Try running without the overclock and see if it's gone.
Top Bottom