Search results

+
  1. T

[NEW CARD] Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream

Maybe so in the Field Medic case, but that isn't the case for Reaver Scouts; they can target copies of themselves to get the third one out of the deck, if I were to recall. Similarly, Emissaries can pull copies of themselves from the deck. Which, if there ever were a mechanic to infinitely...
  2. T

[NEW CARD] Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream

There's actually a big problem with this if it's currently as read: if it spawns a copy, you can just copy an enemy's Blue dream, and keep on playing more and more copies. To have infinite strength Protectors. :hmm:
  3. T

Cantarella is OP !

Which, similarly, is an Eskel you don't have to worry about later when you're prepping for your combo. Some decks want to go first in the last round anyways, by virtue of getting time to set up (Farseers for Spelltael, for example).
  4. T

Cantarella is OP !

Not to mention that if Canterella is played on the very first turn, you can do one of two things: 1. Pass. Force the enemy to play a card to counter Canterella, and basically spend the card advantage they just got. If it was Menno, that means you won't have to deal with Menno later when you've...
  5. T

Tactics against NR gold

If you aren't playing a heavy control deck, it's going to be difficult. Margarita is still in range of 1 Alzur's Thunder. Similarly, Towers are still in range of Manticore Venom; don't Venom the towers if they only have one out, throw the Venom when the second tower comes out (or he uses...
  6. T

One update to position them all — positioning update now available!

Well, less a matter of helping, more than it is getting in on the fun; if you end up with an Operated Margarita in your hand, clearly the next obvious step is to have two Margaritas in your hand and use your Promotes differently if you're NR (and lock the enemy's Margaritas with Radovid, for...
  7. T

One update to position them all — positioning update now available!

Just think what would happen if you had two Operated Margaritas (one for each side, each creating a duplicate in the other hand) and your original Margarita. :facepalm:
  8. T

Vicovaro Medic + Blue Mountain Commando Issues

Which, again, I would iterate that making the BMC permadeath by itself doesn't fix the chaining potential; it would just shift to Elven Mercs and Reaver Scouts. Are we going to make those permadeath also?
  9. T

It does have indirect consequences. In this particular case, you can't use the NR medic to potentially pull more medics from the deck if you get a Scout on accident when you were looking for a Tower. The question is: why should one faction have chain pulls from the deck, whereas others are...
  10. T

But I thought using Flamethrowers and Nukes on Mosquitos was the totally hip thing to do? As I see it, the problem will simply change from using BMCs to pull all the BMCs from the ST graveyard to using Mercs to draw out all the First Lights from the NG deck, to pull more Vicovaros to drag out...
  11. T

Stefan Skellen + First Light (Rally) >>>> Fix pls

Thus, you also see another reason why Morvran is the more common choice of leaders for NG: you can prime the top of the deck to play with Morvran whenever you need him to (if you don't draw Vilgefortz to play the top of the deck for you). Similarly, Morvran also gives you a 20% chance of finding...
  12. T

How does a cow carcass spy?

Well, if we're trying to have fun with the whole cow carcasses being spies: they clearly give us information from the screams and wailing of the soon to be deceased. :comeatmebro:
  13. T

Looking for Help Tweaking my Nilf Deck

There are other ways to deal with Monster Consume players as NG, some more generalist than others (as in uses cards that can be used against multiple decks effectively). If it's a Nekker deck, you have two options: Sweers and Letho. Sweers you typically combo into a Rot Tosser on the first row...
  14. T

Is Fake Ciri any good?

There are situations where Treasoning Cantarella instead of tossing a cow on her is useful; and that's against weather decks, since she naturally has weather immunity. Similarly, I just listed the NG units that you can Treason with. Nothing stopping you from Decoying an enemy spy and using...
  15. T

Is Fake Ciri any good?

Treason is more generalist than Fake Ciri, as you can Treason Cantarella, De Witt, or any of the bronze spies for a minimum of a twelve point swing. Works even better for Letho if you let Letho eat the big targets and pull him back. Treason allows you to not waste Calveit use if you only need to...
  16. T

Looking for Help Tweaking my Nilf Deck

Re Cahir: Aside from the obvious card advantage if held until the end of the game, there are a few situations where you want to play Cahir early to control the enemy's tempo. E.g. If you play first in Round 1, playing Cahir to force a Bran player to play his discard ability within the first two...
  17. T

Can someone explain the point of Spies that draw cards?

To some degree, you don't even know if it did backfire like Albrich at least tells you if you gave the opponent one of his golds (like, say, Ciri Dash, or Villentretenmerth).
  18. T

How do you combat with Monster Deck

Don't even need Scorch to get rid of crones immediately; YenCon will make them all even for a single rot tosser to kill all of them. If you're in the business of using a lot of situational cards just for the one-offs though, Sweers would be a more common go-to to screw over Monster consume...
  19. T

Creative ways of using Vicovaros?

Another reason I run ambassadors in my deck; those pansy dwarves think they got buffs, apparently people with pieces of paper inspire dwarves better. :D
  20. T

Creative ways of using Vicovaros?

That is something I never considered. Just have to get two Thunders and a Medic in hand to get the Consume Train going. :D
Top Bottom