And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wan to say goodbye here and somehow express my thoughts.

I have been with GWENT from server test, even from first hours of closed beta. I played 600 hours of Gwent, I spent 200€ on ingame items, I spent so much time on Youtube and Twitch watching streamers, great people like swim, MegaMogwai, crokeyz, Merchant, and more - and Iam sincerly sorry I cant name you all, but you all are great.
These thousands of hours will never be forgotten, not for me. Gwent was my first and last CCG I ever play, even one of few multiplayer games I played (Iam more of singleplayer guy).

nevertheless, Gwent has been uninstalled from my PC. Reason is obvious - Homecoming.

I was really sceptical from moment they announced it, I knew it will be devastating blow, but I still kept my hopes, Even if I was so angry and write a few things on forums, FB page, etc.. I still hoped for and wanted Homecoming to be good. Its not. thousand times not.

I spent some few hours in Homecoming version, I tried, really tried to like this look, this complete overhaul, completely new game, believe me, I tried. But the game now is so boring, so slow, so random. I dont know where to start with criticism, so many things are wrong, so many good things are gone, so many crap things are present.

I feel disapointed, I feel robbed. All those moment I spent with Gwent are gone, i should have invested it in reading, earning money, gym, etc.. All those efforts are thrown to trash, vomit on and serve it back as Homecoming.

Sadly, farewell Gwent - if you ever want me to return, you have to be game I felt love with..
Bye.

It's always sad to see longtime members of community go, no matter are they some big streamer or pro player or just a guy who spent hundreds of hours in the game.

And it is OK feeling disappoint, even feeling robbed (but I wouldn't use that term to say the sentiment) but you shouldn't regret playing, you had fun during those hours you played and it is really unhealthy to transport feeling of not enjoying Gwent now to memories of those times you did. I would be wrong to continue playing because of the investments you already made but those investment had meaning when they were made, so stopping now doesn't invalidate them at slightest.

Now you have time for gym besides, you can always stop by for a game or two. Since you are CB player and spent that much money I doubt you lack any resources and if you don't want to turn pro you really have no reason to play either consistently or for a long stretches of time.

But you didn't explain any of the reasons of value, why it is boring? why it is slow? why it is random? 600 hrs in old Gwent, and a few hours for leaving? weird.

But you didn't explain any of the reasons of value, why it is boring? why it is slow? why it is random? 600 hrs in old Gwent, and a few hours for leaving? weird.

All the earthlings find the game Slow and boring, no need to explain the obvious...

All the earthlings find the game Slow and boring, no need to explain the obvious...

Well, if you are about to write a uninstall and leave post, giving pity, saying he played 600hrs and spent 200€ (which I don't even know why, because I played a bit more than him, never spent a euro and just for playing I had 37k Ore, 250k Scraps, 3,5k Powder and roughly 80 Kegs when HC launched) the very least he could do is to give arguments to his claims besides "I leave because reasons".

I don't know, it's called being constructive.

... spent 200€ (which I don't even know why, because I played a bit more than him, never spent a euro and just for playing I had 37k Ore, 250k Scraps, 3,5k Powder and roughly 80 Kegs when HC launched...
So anyone who spent money is a dumbo? I spent money on Gwent too, maybe around 60 Euro (which is a pretty big sum for where I am from), honestly only on discount days and such, and with the mind that I am supporting the development of Gwent. Not Homecoming - Gwent. So I can see why a lot of people are really frustrated. Me included, but I will not go as far to ask for my money back (the least is I know I won't get them back).

As to why the game feels boring - well, it IS slow (even simple stuff, like when between rounds cards get cleared from the board, take AGES) and people that were not dragged into Homecoming naturally and are repulsed by the changes do find it boring, compared to what we had with Gwent (even though it got stale after more than 6 months with next to nothing). Me included.

So anyone who spent money is a dumbo? I spent money on Gwent too, maybe around 60 Euro (which is a pretty big sum for where I am from), honestly only on discount days and such, and with the mind that I am supporting the development of Gwent. Not Homecoming - Gwent. So I can see why a lot of people are really frustrated. Me included, but I will not go as far to ask for my money back (the least is I know I won't get them back).

As to why the game feels boring - well, it IS slow (even simple stuff, like when between rounds cards get cleared from the board, take AGES) and people that were not dragged into Homecoming naturally and are repulsed by the changes do find it boring, compared to what we had with Gwent (even though it got stale after more than 6 months with next to nothing). Me included.

Actually I also spent money into gwent, more than a hundred euros, but not for gwent, more as a 'thank you' for the witcher games and to help finance Cyberpunk 2077. Cause let's be honest here, gwent is just a potential cash grab as most card games are to invest into a bigger scheme of development. And it's fine by me, especially coming from CDPR.

What I mean by that is the investment in money shouldn't be used as an excuse for being pissed off about what the game has become. As mentioned by kAiSeR007, you didn't have to spend a single penny to enjoy it as much. There needs to be better arguments than that.

I feel disapointed, I feel robbed. All those moment I spent with Gwent are gone, i should have invested it in reading, earning money, gym, etc.. All those efforts are thrown to trash, vomit on and serve it back as Homecoming.

Gwent > Gym

8)

Im not saying it is dumb, everybody can do with their money what they want. But when you use it as an argument, in a game, which does not need to, because you could get everything without paying, even more with 600hrs, and also considering that it was well-known that the game was going to change drastically, then there is no excuse and no room for the money argument.

You could argue you don't like the new mechanics, the cards, I don't know, the approach to the game even; giving arguments for sustaining your claims. But what I'm reading here is more like a childish rant than anything else.

also considering that it was well-known that the game was going to change drastically, then there is no excuse and no room for the money argument.

That's unfair. Many of us (the initial poster included) started this game in the early phase of closed beta. It is safe to assume that people who have paid for this game did it in the beginning of their Gwent career because of diminishing returns. While it was clear the game was going to change, nobody expected these Homecoming changes back in the closed beta days...

...That being said, I don't disapprove this new Gwent. Calling it "Homecoming" is a joke but honestly anything is better than Midwinter.

...And THAT being said I do miss the era of Gold immunity.

All reasons had been said and written on this forums by so many people so I find unnecessary to repeat. In general - interface, change of board (either visual and siege row removal), leaders and its abilities, manual turn ending, Orders mechanic, game play in general, etc..
I get your arguments, I spent only fraction of time in Homecoming, I really tried to like it.. I even craft full collection, including premium cards.. But still it too ugly to stay - and by ugly I mean all reasons mentioned above.

I even get others opinion about time spent.. I don't regret the time,i had fun, I had a great time, but still I feel robbed. All this time and other I invested is now useless.. It's like you buy car, you ride every day, perfecting your driving skills, invest time and money to your car look and do great. And someday, someone comes, take your car away and give you quad bike .. Same situation.. Its vehicle, has 4 wheels and get you from point A to point B.. But it's still not your car..
Post automatically merged:

Well, if you are about to write a uninstall and leave post, giving pity, saying he played 600hrs and spent 200€ (which I don't even know why, because I played a bit more than him, never spent a euro and just for playing I had 37k Ore, 250k Scraps, 3,5k Powder and roughly 80 Kegs when HC launched) the very least he could do is to give arguments to his claims besides "I leave because reasons".

I don't know, it's called being constructive.
Does it matter how many you or me spent? I liked this game and wanted to be developed, so I sent Cdpr money via Gwent so they can develop Gwent, Cyberpunk and other great games.. That's how this business works, right? Why or how many doesn't matter. If you didn't invest that much as I do, does it make you less fan? No, still on same level with me.. I just wanted to thank devs by this mean.. Now this investment is for game which is gone.
Post automatically merged:

Or better to say - they accepted my gift and than serve me something else instead, that doesn't deserve to be treated as old Gwent

Last edited:
Why's it better? Rows mean something. When you give it a real go, forget Gwent Beta existed, it's ok as a standalone new game. A lot of us were just miffed because the big numbers are now gone and instead you're winning by a point - but I think there's something good about that, you need to give it time.

Why's it horrible? Random card gen is an absolute unmitigated shambles. Every card with random needs to be nerfed or reworked, it's HORRIBLE and detracts from any skill required to win rounds.

The reveal function is way, way worse than it was in Beta.

There are too many pointless and badly-designed cards, and too many poor mechanics. That 13-point card of NG is the most stupidly OP card I've come across - every time it just stick a low value bronze in the wrong place, it's WAY too high a power.

There's no point in transmuting to make something "shiny".

The board makes NO sense. 3d "leader" with some cards on a dark board, where you can't really see your hand very well.

All in all it just feels like we've fallen into another Beta, but for a different game. I feel for anyone who spent a lot of time and money on Beta, this isn't what anyone signed up for.

As a rather new open beta player, i feel the new changes are jarring sure.
But the overall feel is still there n the core mechanics is still intact more or less.
The lanes now matter n tat is positive.

Rows mattered before agility patch, which was nonsense.. They introduced it with great applaud, now they bring it back, again with applause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom