The Witcher House of Glass #4 of 5 Comic Book Released Today!

+
The Witcher House of Glass #4 of 5 Comic Book Released Today!

Together with Dark Horse Comics, one of the global leaders in comic book publishing, we are thrilled to announce the release of the fourth issue of The Witcher House of Glass.

Geralt struggles to maintain his sanity as he is forced to endure the House of Glass’s unrelenting torment! He soon finds himself questioning Jakob’s true motivation and is faced with a dark new omen!

Created by Paul Tobin, with art by Joe Querio and covers by Dave Johnson, The Witcher House of Glass extends the universe known from critically acclaimed video games and books, and delivers a compelling tale of adventure, horror and mystery.

Watch the official Witcher House of Glass #4 release trailer HERE.

The Witcher House of Glass is available in physical format in good comic book stores in the United States of America and as a digital download, via the Dark Horse iOS and Android application, as well as online, on the Dark Horse Digital comic book store.

Have to say this issue was better. Even brought a smile to my face a couple of times. But, even then, it's not up to Witcher/CDPR standards.

Have to say this issue was better. Even brought a smile to my face a couple of times. But, even then, it's not up to Witcher/CDPR standards.

It's good to hear a exbeart's opinion on this.

I got the first issue of the comic as a pre-order bonus and liked it.
Do you guys think it's a series worth following through ?

The story is quite interesting, keeps you reading it. There is a chance that you get disappointed though. I.. uh.. don't know.

First and fourth issues are ok (still not as good as Reasons of State though). Second and third made me want to jump out a window. So I don't know... It's a mixed bag.

Nonetheless, I'll wait for the physical bundle that comes out in September, just because it's Witcher related and it'll look good in the collection.

Nonetheless, I'll wait for the physical bundle that comes out in September, just because it's Witcher related and it'll look good in the collection.

I think I'll do the same as you.

For some reason I like physical copies better, there is something satisfying about
looking at a cupboard filled with good books, comics or games.

Wouldn't it be great if Dark Horse would let you pre-order a season of physical comics
and grant you access to the digital version so you can read them until they ship ?

A season pass for comics so to say~

IMHO , that fourth book same lame in art and story as 3 books before. I wouldn`t be surpriced if i`ll found out in fifth book that Jacob killed the poor girl for treasures and cursed that place. Plot is so flat and boriiiiiiing. Dont know what award that authors won , but the whole story and art looks worse than amateur manuscript, that was drawn in sketchbook for just one week or less. Its your choise but i would not buy any of this till new cycle and new artists appear.

IMHO , that fourth book same lame in art and story as 3 books before. I wouldn`t be surpriced if i`ll found out in fifth book that Jacob killed the poor girl for treasures and cursed that place. Plot is so flat and boriiiiiiing. Dont know what award that authors won , but the whole story and art looks worse than amateur manuscript, that was drawn in sketchbook for just one week or less. Its your choise but i would not buy any of this till new cycle and new artists appear.

That's my humble opinion, granted that Im' no writer at all (unless when I write RPG campaigns to be played with friends):

The comics scriptwriters is no Sapkowski and he's no polish. I don't actually know how much he read of the original saga, if he ever played the games... I suppose he did anyway. Though one thing is reading, one is understanding the core of a story. Sapkowski himself changed his narrative style from the short stories to the books. In fact I so much prefer the former to the latter. Plus, the graphic novels author works in US and writes mostly for US audience. And the publisher is american too. As I said I am no writer, but I do work a lot with publishers, read many scriptwriting and books (for my job) and I can tell you that you don't write\draw anything the publisher doesn't approve first. They are the paying commissioner, they draw the rules. So if they think that a certain thing is unpublishable or that customers wouldn't appreciate, you don't write\draw it. You change it. Because they said so. It doesn't count if the customers are mature enough to appreciate that thing anyway, the publisher thinks they won't so you won't see it in the final product.
Same thing for the comics art. They choose a specifical artist for a purpose, and it is that they want a specific product to be read and watched.

I can't say how much truth there's in this, but it's all based in my own professional experience.

I know that someone doesn't like the art of those comic books etc. I just can tell you as a comic artist myself, that you are mostly forced to respect requests and deadlines, more than your own taste and what you think it would be better. Eventually it's a job like any other, and you don't have the time or strenght to do a masterpiece every single time. Not worthy at all, believe me. You're gonna have to fight with the publisher beurocrats a lot if you want to do so. So I wouldn't blame the artist much.
Granted that he's a good artist indeed, at least from what you can see from his gallery on DA.com

He is not. His art more suited for caricature style comics like Deadpool/Hellboy. Obviously not for Witcher. As for deadlines and other- i wouldn`t choise quantity to quality as many others. Why Silvestri, Lee and other artists can work with the deadlines but still keep quality ? And more of that - the story itself is very poor. After watching starting advertising i expected much much better than this.

Last edited:
Because no artist is like another. If it were so, than you wouldn't need so many artists in the world, you could do everything with one or two. Regarding the fact that his art would be more suitable to this or that property... well that's your opinion. I don't think so and it's ridiculous to say that an artist style is only good for certain things. It's the same they tell me: your art is suitable to girly property, cause you are a woman. The fact that I can draw male character and "malish" subject the same, or that I could jump form a style to another pretty easily is not a matter they're interested in.
One thing is job, another is you art style of preference.

All i`m saying all in that comic made so lame and lazy -from art to script. Its not just deadlines, suiting styles art capabilities and other . Its just lazy ass job. Even most of his work on DA looks much better, than all his work on comic. Hell, the schoolboys manuscripts painted by markers looks much better and detailed than this. I m not saying about peoples who drew Reason of State , that drawing for shirts and the ones that should draw the Witcher comic before, but were cancelled. Dont know maybe some of people like that kind of comic art suited for Deadpool, Silent Hill, Hellboy and that poor story but i`m absolutely not one of them. If i see its bad -i say its bad. I was hoped for good story, but after reading 4 of that comic books hope lost.

I think it would make things quite clearer, if we got some answer on how the artist was hired for the job. I mean, if he chose to work on it, and asked to do it, the result is quite.. a letdown, but if he was actually asked ("made") to do so, I guess that would be the reason for the comics not being that good. It is better to hire a fan of the series, who is not that well-known, or even "talented", than hiring a big name, just to get the job done. I personally do not think that the artist is a fan of the Witcher, I could be wrong though. I hope I am not being too rude here.

The script could be a lot better.
But the art-style I DO like. Seems like a thematic follow-up to the story boards in The Witcher 2. And as much as I didnt like those (seemed too different in comparison to the overall art of the game...) now in comic-book form it fits great I think. :)

I agree with Second regarding subjective taste. Didnt like the art of "Reasons of State" at all, for example. :)

Im looking forward to getting the full papeback version.

All i`m saying all in that comic made so lame and lazy -from art to script. Its not just deadlines, suiting styles art capabilities and other . Its just lazy ass job. Even most of his work on DA looks much better, than all his work on comic. Hell, the schoolboys manuscripts painted by markers looks much better and detailed than this. I m not saying about peoples who drew Reason of State , that drawing for shirts and the ones that should draw the Witcher comic before, but were cancelled. Dont know maybe some of people like that kind of comic art suited for Deadpool, Silent Hill, Hellboy and that poor story but i`m absolutely not one of them. If i see its bad -i say its bad. I was hoped for good story, but after reading 4 of that comic books hope lost.

No that's your opinion. You can't talk about "how lazy" his work was. You can say that you didn't like it, but pretend to know how he could work better, just because you saw a few artworks on his gallery, on different properties, it's simply not fair. You don't know which properties make him feel comfortable to work with or what was the artist job, pressure, deadlines and such. So you can certainly speak about the quality of the comics, you can't talk about his job and its quality. If you think it's been a lazy work, you should be able to do by yourself, work in the same condition, and then realize. Forgive me, but I don't think you can speak about his deadlines, how poor that work was. It's out of the context.
You didn't appreciate that book, you prefer Reason of the State artist, or maybe another artist. Fine, no harm in this. About the rest, I don't think you can pretend to know better.

@StarGiors
No it would not. What would be the point? Asking to a person, a worker, an artist: "Please, let the audience know: how it came that you made not to encounter our expectation on that witcher comic? How can't you be as good as Lee? Or Klimek?"

Last edited:
@secondchildren

Yeah well asking the artist would be quite ridiculous indeed, and really not helpful, neither to us nor him. Let me rephrase then, it would make things clearer to me, if I knew how this whole thing went down. I don't have any interest in insulting the artist or CDPR, on their decisions or work, it would just be information for me to be able to say, "Ah that makes some sense now".

Edit: You are so kind, regrettably though I'm not a Star. :troll:

Last edited:
Not just artist, the writer too. And i don`t want to talk about the conditions and pressure,deadlines and other. As i told before other artists can make this job without loss of quality. But that pages looks like 5 year old kid drew and painted this. Even i can draw Geralt better and with much details, not to tell about any other artist from here or DA. And Jack,sorry but for myself and many other peoples from the russian(and not only russian ) community the Witcher 2 comic style story boards was terrible and they preffer Red engine based story boards or illustrations like the first Witcher. The wanted them erased even in W2 EE and obviously don`t want that in Witcher 3.

comics are always bad when made as an extra for video game franchises
I mean look at the mass effect comics or the deus ex hr one's
its almost as if the artists don't give a shit about the story and just want to make some easy money

Top Bottom