The Witcher Cosplay Contest Results

+
The Witcher Cosplay Contest Results

We are very pleased to announce the winners of The Witcher Cosplay Contest. Before we announce the winners, we wanted to thank everyone who took part. Fans of The Witcher are the most creative and talented fans in gaming and we had many excellent submissions. Eve Beauregard, Nadya Anton, LeeAnnaVAMP and Shappi-- members of our jury and internationally renowned cosplay celebrities faced a real challenge when picking the winners. In the end, they have helped us select our first, second and third place winners as well as 7 honorable mentions.

"Congratulations guys! You all did an amazing job and I am blown away by your cosplays, the level of craftsmanship and attention to detail is outstanding!!! Hi-5's all around ;)"-XO, Vamp

"I'm so incredibly impressed by all of the entries! Our winners have shown excellence across all categories, but each one shines in their own way.”-Eve

Without further ado, we present you the winners:

Third Place
Third Place and winner of a replica jewelry worn by a character from The Witcher and a Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt signed by the team, a special concept art from the game framed and signed by its author goes to this amazing Triss Merigold by Xenia.

“Xenia's Triss images go beyond cosplay documentation into their own artform. The thought, skill and performance that went into this presentation is outstanding! She certainly maxed out the "Wow Factor" category with the way she embodied Triss Merigold.”- Eve

“Xenia decided to model a character of Triss, which turned out excellent! Wonderfully crafted costume contains so much different technices - leatherworking, embossment, embroidery… We can’t stop looking! Everything is finished up with amazing photosession where we can see not just the beautiful Merigold, but the fearless sorceress as well!”-Shappi

Second Place
In Second Place and winner of $500 USD, a replica jewelry worn by a character from The Witcher and a Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt signed by the team, a special concept art from the game framed and signed by its author is this stunning Ciri by Elena.

“Elena's Ciri is incredible in terms of likeness to the character. From some angles she is almost indistinguishable from the game model! This isn't just a matter of having similar features - likeness takes excellent character choice, wig styling, makeup and modelling.”-Eve

“Elena did an outstanding job with her makeup as well as with the manufacturing of the costume. Our Cirilla did a great job with sewing the leather and doing the woodwork for the sword - and the climatic photosession underlined the beauty of cosplayer, who picked her character perfectly. Long live the Lion Cub of Cintra!”-Shappi

First Place
Our Grand Prize winner of $1000 USD, a replica jewelry worn by a character from The Witcher, a Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt signed by the team, a special concept art from the game framed and signed by its author and the opportunity to attend several game industry events to show your costume to Witcher fans, all expenses paid by us is this exceptional Eredin by Kevin.

“Kevin's Eredin is a feat of construction. A cosplay like this is not just a matter of garment manufacture and prop making, but also engineering! This cosplay has such an intense presence and got top scores in craftsmanship.”-Eve

“Our winner, Kevin, created a breathtaking costume - not only the cosplay is extremly similar to the character, but also the technical execution stands on the highest level! Thanks to the master craftmanship of detailing and forming, it’s hard to believe that our Eredin is not wearing a metal armor, but a mixture of plastic, leather and foam. It’s especially worth to take a notice of the rust effect covering entire armor, which makes it truly look like a ghostly hunt rider. Bravo!”-Shappi

Honorable Mentions
We had so many amazing entries, we wanted to give some honorable mentions to cosplayers we felt did extra special work that only narrowly missed being selected for the top 3 prizes.

In closing we wanted to thank our panel of international cosplayers who judged all the entries and once again give a huge thank you to all of our exceptional Witcher fans for their amazing submissions.

All the winners as well as the authors of entries which were honorably mentioned should expect to receive an email from us today, so make sure to check your inboxes over the weekend. :)

@Marcin Momot
Is it possible to see all of the photos which were submitted (not only by winners/honorable mentions)? Could you maybe upload them somewhere where we could see them all?

And, of course, congrats to all the winners and participants! Amazing cosplays.

Holy. Crap. Amazeballs. Fantastic work everyone, I don't think I've seen a more impressive group of cosplay for a franchise.

I'm So Happy For Kevin!
I was sure He was about to win! :D
Congratulations for every contestants!
I can't wait to do a group photoshoot ^^

You don't need to be first place, you're already my number one.

...unfortunately I lack the $1000 prize money.
Noooo ! Wait, don't leave meeee~ !

But... to all participants of the contest: you did a fantastic job.
Although you're just lucky I didn't submit my cosplay.

Because I would have won. Hard.

Last edited:
Amazing entries, and Eredin cosplay deserves every single bit of the first prize, when I saw it last week on DA I was stunned.

Great, everyone did a marvelous work. Congrats!

I'm very happy not be one of the jury!!! OMG!!
Congratulations to winners, honorific ones and all those who take part in the contest.

Congrats to CDPR for putting together this awsome witcher's family around your dreams.

Thank you each and all of you. I'm flattered belonging to this Witcher's lover-fans.

I was blown away by the quality of the cosplay sent in. I've seen a lot of cosplay over the years at PAXes, San Diego Comic Con, Dragon*Con, etc and this was easily among the best I've ever seen.

I hope to someday get to see these in person. No matter how cool the pictures are, cosplay is even better when you see it in person.

Huge thank you to all who took part and a bug congratulations to all the winners. =)

I'm very happy not be one of the jury!!! OMG!!
Congratulations to winners, honorific ones and all those who take part in the contest.

Congrats to CDPR for putting together this awsome witcher's family around your dreams.

Thank you each and all of you. I'm flattered belonging to this Witcher's lover-fans.
Nothing to add...Cat is reading my mind :)

These are seriously amazing pieces of work and i loved all of them. Kudos to all the participants and congrats to winners.

As a special note, cosplay of non-human characters always amazes me, so although Eredin seems to me a deserved winner, i also appreciate Leshen and Baba Yaga cosplayers as well. Great work.

wow those are amazing.

Congratulations to all of you, the effort really shows.

Some of those from Honorable Mentions I feel could've been in the first 3 places just as well, it must be really hard to have to pick just 3 with so many great ones.

Top Bottom