Hotfix is now live!

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED
Hotfix is now live!

New hotfix for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

With this update, our main focus was to fix all major issues experienced by the players, as well as to implement balance changes to the gameplay.

Restore was significantly changed and will have increased milling value for 3 days following the release of the hotfix. When milled, it will create an amount of scraps and powder equal to the amount of scraps and powder needed to craft a card of the same value.

Full list of changes can be found here:

Skellige
  • Restore will now set base Power of a Unit returned from the Graveyard to 8, instead of 10.
  • Light Longship will now properly regress to 5 Power instead of 6.
  • Wilmar's Revenge ability will now properly trigger on Destroy abilities.
  • Moving Wilmar to the Graveyard will no longer affect newly drawn cards to block player's vision of their hand.
Monsters
  • Fixed an issue whereby Harpy's ability would sometimes not trigger properly.
Scoia’tael
  • Farseer will no longer trigger his ability when an Ally or Unit in your Hand is boosted unless he is already on the board.
Game Fixes
  • Several tweaks to tooltips in various languages.
  • Fixed an issue with display of cards on low resolution.

Last edited:
I'm still missing the friend match option on PC. That button is missing since the Saovine update.
Currently, I can only challenge friends via the friends list on PC.

This is so stupid quit screwing up the skielliege deck and add some useful improvements to it before nerfing something. How about adding a few traps to the graveyard so that others players can't keep stealing everything just as soon as you put cards in. Make a couple more quality tuirseach units so I can stop using the two stupid ones that never stop showing up in order to have 25 cards in the deck.
Also fix the bug where it makes you start first 3:1 in ranked play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pruny;n9787521 said:
make Harpooners 7 points like drowners, also cantarela 13points she has too much sinergy

I agree on harpooners. Not so sure about Cantarella since this change would buff Venendal Elites and make an already busted interaction even worse.

Celestes666;n9787621 said:
And what about new bronze insanely op ng unit which is much better than silver serrit?? Is it ok?

This looks mostly like a technical hotfix more than anything. They don't have enough data to balance new cards yet (although the Venendal/Cantarella interaction is probably hotfix worthy). There will probably be one more hotfix coming in 2 weeks or so focusing on balance.

cramervod;n9787751 said:
Also fix the bug where it makes you start first 3:1 in ranked play.

How is that a bug. When You go first someone goes second. hehe

Celestes666;n9787621 said:
And what about new bronze insanely op ng unit which is much better than silver serrit?? Is it ok?

Well Serrit can nuke something on the board so Venendal Elite it is not objectively better. :)

Shethek;n9787851 said:
How is that a bug. When You go first someone goes second. hehe
so when the game makes you start first 9 x in a row that's considered fair? I think it's bs and needs to be every other to keep it fair.

cramervod;n9787971 said:
so when the game makes you start first 9 x in a row that's considered fair? I think it's bs and needs to be every other to keep it fair.

You just have bad luck. Doesn't mean it's broken.

Anyway, instead of mindlessly complaining like everybody else, I really appreciate the fact that CDPR dropped two hotfixes already. It means they're aware of the bugs/glitches that came with the update. Better to get this out of the way first before they start to change the new cards. Thank you.

Last edited:
devivre;n9787601 said:
I'm still missing the friend match option on PC. That button is missing since the Saovine update.

Yea, i want that back too, even if i don't use it. It looked like the game has more modes or whatever. Now its so empty there :p

devivre;n9787601 said:

Just Open your Friend list, choose friend and click on chalange

DragsonCZ;n9788301 said:
Just Open your Friend list, choose friend and click on chalange

That's exactly what I just wrote that I am doing :D -
as said before I want the normal friend match option back. I know how to do friend matches on PC right now but it's not as convenient as before.

This hotfix doesn't improve the situation anywhere. The new bronze units are completely broken (more valuable than silver and gold cards). I was just got rekted by the Scoia Swordmaster with 32 power swing (16 streng and damage another 16+ strength units). Madness. GG CDRP

Dont understand it. Of course can be wrong but in my opinion skellige before patch was 4th or 3th weakest nation. Now you 2 times nerfed important card for skellige. An what about insane bronce units from other factions like protectors, swordmasters etc? The difference is that Skellige has good silver card (not alway you will draw it too) and other faction op cards are bronze mainly and that dont neet any hotfixes...

Last edited:
pthieu1986;n9788471 said:
This hotfix doesn't improve the situation anywhere. The new bronze units are completely broken (more valuable than silver and gold cards). I was just got rekted by the Scoia Swordmaster with 32 power swing (16 streng and damage another 16+ strength units). Madness. GG CDRP

Yea i also met swordmasters one was 16+16 other in the same match was a little lower, but anyway it is insane. Add to it shield and 3 high point protectors...

1. The first "nerf" was more like a buff except for the captain deck
2. Not quietly. It was anounced here in the official forum

The Swordmaster in the example above is not a 32 point bronze at 16 power. The actually "bronze power" would be 4 from the body plus the damage power. The boosted power above 4 is actually value from other cards (quen, hawker supports, etc). So the actual bronze value in that case is 20. Definitely really good, but on the same level as other bronzes that require an entire game plan to setup (Brigades, Nekkers, Axemen, etc). Basically, there are 20+ value bronzes in every faction.

Replying to the comment above, Cantarella nerfed to 13 would nerf all NG decks. Not everyone plays spies. I do think, however, all spies should probably be at 12. Also, the new NG elite card should only be able to target enemy units. The Cantarella set to 1 power is absolutely broken.

Last edited:
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restoreor Discard.
Ouch...... Restore and Discard ... Restore and Discard.
restore up, discard down, restore down, discard up, etc etc. So hard to balance?
DBP are fine?
New super-bronze-serrits fine too??

How many turns does Succubus survive?
Villentremerth?

When was the last time you saw Priscilla, Vabjorn, Birna Bran, Zoltan, Dandelion, Draug, Milva, Xarthisius, Triss Butt, Yen Con, Letho (buffed???), Regis, Ciri, Ciri Dash, Gaunter, Bloody Baron, Lambert, Hjalmar?
(18 dead golds)

D.bomb, m.venom, treason, dudu, cow, malena, witchers, witches from swamps, odrin, nithral, even braenn, fake ciri, ocvist, yarpen, ves, cleaver, jutta, Pavetta, champion of champions, svanrige, bekker mirror, necromancy, aeromancy, grave hug, serrit??
(25 dead silvers)

Isnt that a problem??
but 2 points to restore needs HOTFIX?

Top Bottom