Any modders or mod teams already ready to rumble?

+
I´m realy looking forward to some new interior environments. Some new seweres , cellars etc. are needed.

Yes i know. Thats why somebody should hire me instead of those "famous" "established" and so on - writers.Well see... i have other offers you know. :p

The truth is...writing is the most easy part in creating the crpg and anything else... Any idiot can type, but not everyone has the skills the make graphics or program the lines.

Bwaaaahahahahahaha!!!And that's why we have "RPG"'s nowadays like Oblivion, NWN and other crap. Because "writing is the most easy part".... ;D ;D ;D Boy, that was hilarious :D :D

Writing is the base upon which everything else in a game is built.If there is no story then what will those graphikz show?And if you dont write good smooth dialogues and invent interseting characters to tell them, then what will animations show?Dont be ridiculous.

mynameisEminem said:
The truth is...writing is the most easy part in creating the crpg and anything else... Any idiot can type, but not everyone has the skills the make graphics or program the lines.
I think that is why we have so many poor plots and storylines in so many games - 99% of the effort is placed on graphics and eye candy, and so little on the dialogue and plots. Plotting and storylines for CRPGS (as different from RPG) is the management and tree structure, narrowing down a story whilst not making it too linear - allowing for genuine story informing choices but retaining a core plot / world / logic.Then there is the dialogue itself - all the pyrotechnics in the graphics department can be ripped asunder and all atmosphere deflated by poor dialogue - but the opposite is not so true. A good plot and dialogue can raise a game far beyond graphics limitations (Baldur's Gate, Fallout etc. even with todays graphical fireworks' standards are still great games).Martin

my friend,the game is not unstable, that aside just trust us and enjoy what we do for free cuz of our passion!or go play farcry copy 2!

MercuryRain said:
Someone give me a jump button.Geralt is a famed monster slayer. His body has been more or less redesigned from his feet to his head.He should be able to jump, or at least climb over small ledges..
Actually he can (try clicking on water in a stream.)

ME!! I want it. ;D Gimme Toolset please. ::) I can't wait to see what I can do with it. From what I've seen in the game I'm gonna have fun. 8)

thebishopdonjuan said:
FEAR THISIntel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Processor8GB High-Speed Dual-Channel DDR2-800 MemoryDuel BFG GeForce 8800 GTX Water Cooled Edition / 768MB GDDR3 SLI enabled1.5 terabyte hd spaceAnd The Game Still Crashes
AMD 2800 Mhz1 Gb DDR 166 RAMGeforce 2600 256Mb AGP Video Card80 Gb Hard DriveXP ProHasn't crashed once. ;D ;D ;D(There's a moral there somewhere.)

Both extract tools seem to not like the demo (or my PC/Vista x64). One doesn't extract anything, the other (bifrip) extracts many files but ends with an error message.I am still in doubt about buying this game or not. I do not like the combat system one bit, but everything else I like. If there was a combat system mod I would likely love the game. I would like to mod it, but from what I can tell this won't be easy :(

I'll play around with the toolset a bit, but because I already have an NWN2 project in mind I won't really have time to make anything serious for TW :-\I'd probably be most interested in doing some creative use of game mechanics and scripting, as well as story/characters/dialogue if I were ever to pick up modding for TW.

When the tool set is released, we will have to sticky a awesome Modding thread and see what kind of killer mods we can all make. :)

They actually have a specific section of the forums for discussing extensions you know? I think that should be used when people start discussing mods, no need to clog it all in one thread on the community forums :p

Maybe a seperate board for modding discussions would be nice? Especially once the toolset is released...

Ausir said:
Maybe a seperate board for modding discussions would be nice? Especially once the toolset is released...
That sounds great, especially when one wants to search and download specific mods.

Top Bottom