Will content be cut due to the delay?

+
Will content be cut due to the delay?

I don't know why but I have got a foreboding feeling about this delay. Almost as if they are going to pull a watchdogs or gta 5 on us, with cutting certain content before launch. Can someone alleviate my fears please? Maybe even Marcin if I'm lucky. But anyways guys, please just be the voice of reason and present some facts that can put my Mind at ease.

I don't think so. I believe they really just need that extra time to get rid of most of the bugs (there must be a shitload of them in a huge game like this) and maybe finalise the interface/controls.
On the other hand, we know nothing for sure and we can't expect the devs to show up here and say "Yeah, we just decided to cut this and that.".

Last edited:

Attachments

• I-See-What-You-Did-There..png
    I-See-What-You-Did-There..png
    18.7 KB · Views: 634
I don't know why but I have got a foreboding feeling about this delay. Almost as if they are going to pull a watchdogs or gta 5 on us, with cutting certain content before launch. Can someone alleviate my fears please? Maybe even Marcin if I'm lucky. But anyways guys, please just be the voice of reason and present some facts that can put my Mind at ease.

Go walk for 20 mins.. or meditate. Be one with the trees, young grasshopper and feel the peace within ;)

I'd rather they don't tell us if they cut something, then we'll just enjoy the game and not just think "oh it would be cooler with this feature".

Uhhhh, content is always cut in every game.

(To my knowledge)After production devs polish things and those that are too buggy and cannot be fixed and/or no time to do so is cut. So delay only makes that situation 'better' not worse.

^This. Expect cuts. Only bad amateur writers don't cut. CDPR are not amateurs.

RED-HOT WRITING IS OFTEN DONE WITH A BLUE PENCIL

[printer Douglas Mesney, Giclée Prepress - The Art of Giclée]

If there are cuts - and as others already pointed out this is very likely to happen - I don't think the devs will speak about any of them too openly. Especially now, when shareholders are dumping their shares like there's no tomorrow. CDPR should actually make a move that will show that the development is on track.

Bad content will be cut, something good will be added, that just how game design goes. WD didnt cut content at all, it's just that those gameplay trailers on E3 aren't real. Ubisoft develop trailers first rather than the game. It is exactly oppossite to Witcher 3 which has been develop for quite a long time then they put out their gameplay demo from the game. What we and the journalists see should be true

If there are cuts - and as others already pointed out this is very likely to happen - I don't think the devs will speak about any of them too openly. Especially now, when shareholders are dumping their shares like there's no tomorrow. CDPR should actually make a move that will show that the development is on track.

Yes, the shareholder disappointment is a whole lot more meaningful than ours; and you're right, they have to reassure the people who are actually paying for the game to be made. Moving sales out of 2014 to 2015 is a huge blow to them. It needs to be followed up with strong assurance, credible to the investors, not to us, that the game is on track for the new date.

I wonder if they have to bump back pre-orders and the related media now. Given the shares dropping, it seems revealing that stuff sooner rather than later makes sense. As to the OP, I'm not concerned about the amount of content we'll get, both Witcher games have been substantial. The important thing is getting the game as polished and bug free as possible.

-edit

Last edited:
Yes, the shareholder disappointment is a whole lot more meaningful than ours; and you're right, they have to reassure the people who are actually paying for the game to be made. Moving sales out of 2014 to 2015 is a huge blow to them. It needs to be followed up with strong assurance, credible to the investors, not to us, that the game is on track for the new date.

Indeed. That's why, paradoxically, the delay might actually please the fans as CDPR will have to show something significant about the game sooner than later; something that will reflect the actual state of the build they have.

May be it was intended? To create a panic and buy off its stock for a cheap? :)

Bad time to do that, you do it when you have surplus capital to buy up the stock, not when you need all your capital for R&D and are likely to have to go back to the market for more.

The timing is a classic market stampede. You can see all the charts you want at http://en.polstock.pl/quotions/wse_stocks/cdprojekt

There are a few excess sellers on the 10th and 11th, there are always vultures who can see bad news from a mile up. Marcin announces the delay after the Warsaw exchange closes on the 11th. That's when his forum post was made, though there may have been formal announcements in other channels earlier. Exchange opens on the 12th, CDP opens down 10 percent, closes down 11 percent on record volume.

There's not enough reason to invoke a bear raid or other market manipulation to explain a classic overreaction to bad news.

There are cuts, and then there are cuts. Some things are cut because they don't fit well enough into the bigger whole, or even into some aspects of what the authors envisioned. This is both normal and good. As Guy said, only amateurs don't cut - which is very apparent in fan fiction in general.

The bad cuts are mostly due to business decisions. CDPR cut a big chunk of TW2 because they had financial trouble back then (and really though, too). Now, however, the company is financially stable, so I don't really see why would they cut content for reasons other than game's overall integrity. They are an ambitious bunch, and I have the feeling they really want to make TW3 as good as they possibly can. I'm not troubled.

According to recent estimates, the company's valuation lost more than 230 million PLN (~$76 million). I wouldn't necessarily agree that shareholders are actually paying for the production, though, at least not in terms of current operations. Apart from providing a pool of capital when shares are emitted (last emission was in 2011) they don't really do anything else. Well, at least not until the next emission, when they can simply tell the company to go to hell ;)

May be it was intended? To create a panic and buy off its stock for a cheap? :)
Yeah, that's one theory that floats on Polish sites covering the situation: the board simply wanted to lower the stock prices so that they could buy them out, and after TW3 becomes a bestselling GOTY they'd be swimming in money ;)

Yeah, that's one theory that floats on Polish sites covering the situation: the board simply wanted to lower the stock prices so that they could buy them out, and after TW3 becomes a bestselling GOTY they'd be swimming in money ;)

In this case it would mean CDPR is confident beyond any doubt that TW3 will be a bestseller. :) Personally I wish they do not have any shareholders at all, but be owned by it founders and may be employees, to keep it all in-house.
Also I don't think the delay is indication of some content being cut. Sure, some of it will be, as usual, but delay will allow to keep more content in the game.

Indeed.

Well, there is also a motivational program for the company's management, where they will be allowed to buy additional shares at a preferential price, but only under the condition that the company's net profit for the years 2012-2014 would reach set level - which it would not in the current situation. The alternative goal is to have an even bigger net profit for the years 2012-2015, and Adam seems confident this scenario is still attainable even after the delay. So yeah, they do seem pretty confident about the sales. Who am I to judge, it's their money :)

What shareholders own is the equity in the company: assets - liabilities = equity. When you spend money on R&D, you are spending your shareholders' equity. It does not matter that their equity is something other than ready money. It comes out of their investment; it's their money. They are entitled to see it that way and in fact do see it that way. When they see a company spending R&D money for a product that gets delayed until next year, they get nervous and dump their shares in order to buy something else with a nearer and more certain return on their investment.

Bear raiding your own stock is the sort of thing those who want to see a conspiracy whenever s**t happens will see just because it is their bias to see things that way. Of all the ridiculous accusations that could be made in this situation, it is the most ridiculous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom