The Perfect Yennefer

+
But...But. I think what CDProjekt really has to do till February is to develop some device which will produce scent of gooseberry and lilac. Without it, there is not Yenn. :)

Sorry, but I think that'll be Xbox-only. I believe they're re-working the Kinect interface to send scents out through the microphone.

I hope I am not violating any treaties here, by posting this fan art picture. I just thought it was so good, so I figured posting it here, so that more people can see..

The Original Post was by @Belzebutinov over at the Witcher fan-art thread, here is the link: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/15500-The-Witcher-fan-art-thread/page40

The Sketch was made by a polish artist named sarumanka, here is her deviantart profile: http://sarumanka.deviantart.com/

And here the part of the sketch that shows just Yennefer, which I really loved. Look at that hair!

View attachment 4233

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 43
Well after reading first 5 or so pages of this thread and other threads around here in the last couple of days, I can say I 'm glad I didn't read the books yet. I was planning to read the books after I play TW3, but now I'm leaning toward not reading the books ever option because chances are either I would start disliking the games or I would dislike the books because I've been influenced by games too much.

All the main characters I've met so far look good and appropriate. At the same time I didn't like any images people posted in the first 5 pages or so of this thread. Yennefer from the trailer looks really beautiful which is ok with me. Of course, I realize beauty is not the point people who read the books are trying to make, but for me all I have to go for now are visuals as I know very little about Yennefer.

Unfortunately... from what I read people post about Yennefer online... she can be quite a mean character, so if she ends up like that in the game I probably won't like her very much as I'm not very fond of evil characters...beautiful or not :(

Well after reading first 5 or so pages of this thread and other threads around here in the last couple of days, I can say I 'm glad I didn't read the books yet. I was planning to read the books after I play TW3, but now I'm leaning toward not reading the books ever option because chances are either I would start disliking the games or I would dislike the books because I've been influenced by games too much.

All the main characters I've met so far look good and appropriate. At the same time I didn't like any images people posted in the first 5 pages or so of this thread. Yennefer from the trailer looks really beautiful which is ok with me. Of course, I realize beauty is not the point people who read the books are trying to make, but for me all I have to go for now are visuals as I know very little about Yennefer.

Unfortunately... from what I read people post about Yennefer online... she can be quite a mean character, so if she ends up like that in the game I probably won't like her very much as I'm not very fond of evil characters...beautiful or not :(

Man, read the books. You will like the games even more, because many things in games will start to make sense. Not reading these books would be one of the biggest mistakes in your life. People here are just complaining because there are some differencies but it is not that big that it should ruin your experience. More important than dark brown/raven black hair is the story and the world. I would recommend reading the books first, then playing W1, W2 and after that W3 because you will enjoy the games more. Really. I speak from my own experience. I played W1 without knowledge of books (I watched only TV series as a child, so I knew that Geralt is monster slayer) and that game made me read all of the books finally. Those seven books took me just 3 weeks to read. They swalloved me completely. After some time I read them again and then played through both games and I must say, it was completely different experience than the first playthrough. There's so much detail in the games, you don't have a chance to appreciate if you don't know books. So go now and read them. It will be hell of a ride!

The perfect Yennefer would be Jennifer Connelly.
There is a bit of annoyed tenderness and a pinch of superiority in her look.

Or Famke Jensen maybe.

I don't think this will happen. You should start reading the books, really.
I discovered the games two months ago (better late than never ;)) and played TW1 without knowing the books. In the middle of TW2 I started reading the books.
Now I'm at the end of the 4th book and play the 3rd round of TW2 (to have different savegames for TW3). And I tell you : It's fantastic to play the game while reading the books! You now discover so many little things, lovely details you miss without knowing the books. Of course, these things and not that much relevant but they always put a smile on your face.
And CDPR did a great job (in opinion at least). The game world an its characters are really similar to the book.

And to get back to the topic : Ava Gardner would be perfect !

Last edited:

Yennefer is not evil, she's strong and you can even find a weird kind of weakness within her. She, close Emhyr, is one of the best character of all the series, and, believeme, the books are full of great characters. Geralt and Ciri are a species aside. The progression you make from Sapkowski introduce you Yen and Emhyr till the end is awsome. I advise you don't avoid the chance to know them.

No disappointing at sight.

First let me apologize for my bad English. I studying this language. But as this moment my knowledge is very small. Sorry. And now a few words on our subject.

I'm a huge fan of the book series about the Witcher. Many times I have read each of the books. And I love these books. But I do not demand that the game about the Witcher were the same. No. I believe that developers need to bring into play something different. Their vision of the characters and stories. Therefore, any differences between the book and the play I perceive positively.
In fact, it's not a screen books. This is a game based on the books.
When I read the book, then imagined Yennefer differently. But.

I watched the trailer for 'Sword of Destiny. " And I was delighted. I loved Yennefer this trailer. Yes, she is different from the book version. But she is very beautiful. And it looks very interesting. And for me Yennefer trailer of "Sword of Destiny" is the ideal Yennefer.

I understand that someone can not agree with this. But I think so. Also, I think that we have no right to condemn for developers as they see this (and other) characters.

And I very much hope that the developers will leave a Yennefer what showed her in this trailer.

Man, read the books. You will like the games even more, because many things in games will start to make sense. Not reading these books would be one of the biggest mistakes in your life. People here are just complaining because there are some differencies but it is not that big that it should ruin your experience. More important than dark brown/raven black hair is the story and the world. I would recommend reading the books first, then playing W1, W2 and after that W3 because you will enjoy the games more. Really. I speak from my own experience. I played W1 without knowledge of books (I watched only TV series as a child, so I knew that Geralt is monster slayer) and that game made me read all of the books finally. Those seven books took me just 3 weeks to read. They swalloved me completely. After some time I read them again and then played through both games and I must say, it was completely different experience than the first playthrough. There's so much detail in the games, you don't have a chance to appreciate if you don't know books. So go now and read them. It will be hell of a ride!

I don't think this will happen. You should start reading the books, really.
I discovered the games two months ago (better late than never ;)) and played TW1 without knowing the books. In the middle of TW2 I started reading the books.
Now I'm at the end of the 4th book and play the 3rd round of TW2 (to have different savegames for TW3). And I tell you : It's fantastic to play the game while reading the books! You now discover so many little things, lovely details you miss without knowing the books. Of course, these things and not that much relevant but they always put a smile on your face.
And CDPR did a great job (in opinion at least). The game world an its characters are really similar to the book.

And to get back to the topic : Ava Gardner would be perfect !

Yennefer is not evil, she's strong and you can even find a weird kind of weakness within her. She, close Emhyr, is one of the best character of all the series, and, believeme, the books are full of great characters. Geralt and Ciri are a species aside. The progression you make from Sapkowski introduce you Yen and Emhyr till the end is awsome. I advise you don't avoid the chance to know them.

No disappointing at sight.

Thx guys. It makes sense what you say. I'm currently replaying TW1 and I'm already noticing a lot of stuff I'm sure I didn't have a clue about back then because I knew so little about the series.
Believe it or not I actually bought 2 books sometime after TW2, so they are just sitting there on the shelf... waiting :)

Eve Beauregard came up as a rumored Yennefer, in this thread, about two months ago. She's a Witcher fan, she takes cosplay seriously, and she's good at it. I still see her as another sorceress, not Yennefer. But I'm willing to be convinced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom