Your password is too short.

Your password is too long.

Password equals nickname.

Repeat the password:

This field is mandatory.

Repeated password is incorrect.

I accept the terms of service & privacy policy

This field is mandatory.

I hereby consent to process my personal data for marketing purposes including receiving commercial information in electronic format.

Congratulations

Your account has been created!
In order to activate it, please click on the link found in the confirmation email we've sent you.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Mutated Kid
    REDpoints
    Achievements

The Witcher mod for Crusader Kings 2

Interested people can try the test build:
    https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilte...ngs-0.2.477.7z [2014/4/7]

Please post feedback / suggestions in the SteamGroup: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WitcherKings

-----------------------------------

Hi guys!

I'm both a big fan of the Witcher series and of the Paradox game Crusader Kings 2.

For those who don't know it, Crusader Kings is a strategy game set in the Middle Ages in which you control a dynasty rather than a country. It is a grand strategy game that incorporates many elements of a role playing game. Here's a great review of it: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...ader-kings-ii/

At the moment there are already many awesome mods for this game out there, the Game of Thrones mod even garnered some media coverage.

So why not make a Mod based on the worlds of the Witcher? The source material is thorough enough to build a unique Witcher-scenario upon that (The major cities, castles, kingdoms, rulers are known from the books / the games!).
    There's even place for unique Witcher-gameplay like doing an Elven restoration (far fetched I know) or playing as a dryad.

As of now I have set up a basic mod based on the Ortelius map in which I've properly mapped out Temeria, Brugge, Kerack, Brokilon, Cintra and Verden.
    I could provide screenshots if someone is interested but as of now I haven't completed height and terrain meaning everything is flat grassland

Everyone who's interested, post in this thread or write me a message!

Be assured: Any help would be very much appreciated. You don't necessarily need to be a Crusader Kings 2 modder or even player. If you could provide me with (possibly lore friendly invented) place and people names I would be happy as well. If you have a witcher-y name in mind I'll put it in somewhere.
    I would also very much appreciate suggestions of any sort. There's just so much that isn't 100% clear about the Witcher world (e.g. what religion does Foltest follow?).

P.S. If there is someone experienced in drawing (landscape) maps willing to help, it would be most awesome thing ever. I would bake a cake right away and send it whereever he lives
    Last edited by JonStryker; 07-04-2014 at 09:13 PM.

2. Give REDpoint SMiki55 gave REDpoint
    1st Sword
    REDpoints
    Achievements
    I'm very interested in this mod, since I love both The Witcher universe and Crusader Kings II. I'll be eager to test it when there will be something to test! Unfortanately, I cannot help with the development, since I have no skills in CK2 modding.

Please, post the screenshots />/>

P.S.One small plea: please when adding files to the mod make shure that the filenames are correct in terms of the case (and that these filenames appear with the correct case when referred to inside the files). Otherwise we poor Linux users won't be able to run the mod, since Linux filesystems are case-sensitive.

BTW, why don't you start a thread on Paradox Plaza as well?

REDpoints
    Achievements
    My Gods! How did I not know about this Paradox game?! I read that review and was f*cking sold!

1st Sword
    REDpoints
    Achievements
    Quote Originally Posted by Csszr
    My Gods! How did I not know about this Paradox game?! I read that review and was f*cking sold!
    It's amazing indeed, especially with all the additional content they released since the initial launch.

BTW, if you intend to get into Crusader Kings II, I suggest installing the CK2+ mod right away, it enhances the vanilla experience greatly.

REDpoints
    Achievements
    I wanna help! not good with landscapes as much though still working on that but I wanna try. I'm pretty okay with characters and stuff though but watching let's plays of mods not very useful. WIP http://25.media.tumblr.com/90ec8222e7f3f659a4b46759acff4869/tumblr_ml49nnOrau1rbwchzo1_500.jpg

REDpoints
    Achievements
    Just as I heard of the Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings II, I wondered why nobody had come up with one with The Witcher's world. With all the intricate political plots we loved, it could be great fun to experience those first-hand.

Even if I'm not at all familiar with the game's mods, you have my complete approval and support. I'd be curious to see any screenshot as well.

Mutated Kid
    REDpoints
    Achievements
    @jerf
    Even if you have no skill in modding you *could* help. First of all research is also important secondly I don't really have experience as well. Making new characters for instance is pretty easy. You just have to copy a block of text and think about which personality trait a certain person might have and write that in. A big amount of CK2 modding is tedious but not really difficult.
    If the mod some day reaches a certain point in development I will of course make a thread at the Paradox Plaza. Sadly a witcher mod has failed before because the mod creator didn't find enough support. That's why I have to do the thread over there "right". Most of the people seemed to prefer making an Elder Scrolls mod back then o.O

@Cs

REDpoints
    Achievements
    I could definitely help somewhat in the research department. And with some hand holding I might be able to help in the modding. I'll have to wait til' an off day though, looking at next Tuesday, no guarantees though. Shoot me a pm with an email address I can reach you at and I'll contact when I might have some free time to work on it.

REDpoints
    Achievements
    As for the map,there is this guy that did a really good map of TW world.
    Dunno if youve already seen it http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32889-new-the-witcher-worldmap/

Mutated Kid
    REDpoints
    Achievements
    Quote Originally Posted by redog44
    As for the map,there is this guy that did a really good map of TW world.
    Dunno if youve already seen it http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32889-new-the-witcher-worldmap/
    Personally I prefer the Ortelius map done by folks from the Polish forum:
    http://pl.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15918-mapa-orteliusa/

Google Translate was my friend ^^

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast