Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
I have 2 units :1st :XP 64 bitQUAD 6600 - G0 GIGABYTE GA-X38-DQ6 WD 250GB - X3 ENERMAX CHAKRA - Full Towar Thermaltake Thoughpower 650W Thermaltake V1 OCZ DDR2 2048MB 800MHZ Reaper CL3 - X2 GeCube Radeon X1950XT 512MB DDR3 PCIe ZALMAN VF1000 LG DVD GSA-H44L LG DVD GSA-H62L cant install the EE patch can play the vanila game.after 3-4 HRS the insatll is not fineshed ...2nd :XP propsinalQUAD 6600 - B3 GIGABYTE GA-G31M-S2L G.SKILL 4096MB 2048MB X2 WD 250GB - X4 ENERMAX Liberty 500 GeCube Radeon X1950XT 512MB DDR3 PCIe ZALMAN VF1000 LG DVDRW GH-20NS10 X2 ANTEC THREE HUNDRED using the same file that I tryed in the 1st.rhe EE is instaled.the game CTD to black screen' but I can ear sound need to rebout with power batton.it hapen even in very low grafics.what can I do ?

I reinstalled the .NET Framework, deinstalled Zone-Alarm and Avast and tried to install in safe mode (but then it says the following when I trie to register: 'cannot connect to remote server')

ddv13 said:
I reinstalled the .NET Framework, deinstalled Zone-Alarm and Avast and tried to install in safe mode (but then it says the following when I trie to register: 'cannot connect to remote server')
Safe Mode with Networking?

I can't install the enchanted version, 'cause it sayes the language pack (english) is missing.But I also can't install the english language pack, because it says: The enchanted version is missing. Need help! :(

i have a problemwhen i execute launcher and after the cinematic and the wolf icon with a shining eye the screen turns black and i can see the grey hand but cant do anithing please answer me

Hello everyone and hopes this helps. I was frustrated too with the EE patch. I could not get it to work period. I followed the TS steps outlined in the FAQ but I still had problems. But the solution was simple: uninstall, not disable Comodo firewall. Apparently there is a conflict there that makes the EE install crash with the 'catastrophic' and 'localized key' error. Once that was taken care of ( I ran CCleaner for good measure also) everything went smooth as silk.System:AMD 64 38004 Gig PC3200160 GB WD HDRadeon X800A most humble system but it runs the Witcher on low pretty good. Hopes this helps someone!

I install version 1.0. Download patch TWEE_Upgrade.exe(950mg) and TWEE_English_language_pack(460mg).Registrate game successfully. When start instalation 1.4v i get message: ' The language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download the relevant language pack.I download English version and pack(460mg) and when install i get message: 'Please install The Witcher: Enhanced Editon Upgrade before istalling %p' ???What`s a point?What to do??? ???

OK, i found what is problem. TWEE Upgrade must be in folder where is game installed, also install microsoft.net framework 3.0. How is process patch! Maybe two hours? :eek: :beer:

after instalimg the game again - on yhe 2nd rig.I can play the vanila EE (I can see thenew inventory).But if I try one of yhe new mission I have a CTD to black screen' can ear the music in loop and have to reboot from the on/off switch.I dounloding the new adventcher again ..

Running Windows XP x64, have .NET 3.0SP1, did a clean install of the game after a reboot, set Windows 95 compatibility mode on both TWEE_Upgrade.exe and the English language pack, did not put the two side adventures in that folder, had no problem logging in to verify key, but after about a minute of frantic hard drive activity, it just stalls. It's been about 2 hours now, with CPU utilization at over 50% and RAM usage at around 90 MB.Any ideas? Is Safe Mode supposed to do anything besides help with the internet check?

driftwoodlk said:
Any ideas? Is Safe Mode supposed to do anything besides help with the internet check?
do try antwayoh, on my system the patch process used about 1.5Gb RAM while working

Hello, like many other Enhanced Edition patch don't work for me(install stucks -> never finish), like most of the other with this problem i use windows xp x64. I tried few thing now, tried to install it many times, never worked. Now I've tried to check what's up with filemon, there is really a problem: it tries to write the same file, again and again, yes and again, this stupid error does really use alot of cpu, really sucksyou guys used visual patch from indigo rose software right? seems to be really bugged crap :(how to fix this?btw, i have more then enough free space on hd, and system can access the install folder

driftwoodlk said:
Running Windows XP x64, have .NET 3.0SP1, did a clean install of the game after a reboot, set Windows 95 compatibility mode on both TWEE_Upgrade.exe and the English language pack, did not put the two side adventures in that folder, had no problem logging in to verify key, but after about a minute of frantic hard drive activity, it just stalls. It's been about 2 hours now, with CPU utilization at over 50% and RAM usage at around 90 MB.
I did the same and it really worked this time for me!! YAYS!But only difference was that I used UniExtractor since that did help me in the first place to get to the hours taking nothingness. I recom to use it and place all the other patches/addons on the same folder and put them all into Win95 mode, worked for me atleast and I use a WinXP Pro x64 too.

I have downloaded all the files and checksum is good. Files are in the same directory as the game is installed. During installation requests for username and password. Enter the same information as used in this forum which is what I used to register the game. Keeps responding with incorrect password. After too many attempts it has me re-register. Re-registration is successful but during installation again same error. Incorrect Password!!!

Well I was going to post (and rant) about a problem with the Tages CD-check present on the EE DVD. However looking at the sheer hell that people trying to run the patch are having (Internet Explorer mandatory? .BLOAT Framework? Disabling firewalls/AV software? Registry hacking?) has convinced me that my issues are almost insignificant in comparison and easily fixed with an unofficial patch (thank goodness for GameCopyWorld).However I really would question the sanity of CD-Projekt/Atari in making legitimate purchasers (as we all know, software pirates don't have to put up with this nonsense) jump through all these hoops - and requiring security software to be disabled in the current climate (where an unprotected PC is typically attacked within 5 minutes) is showing gross irresponsibility.Is the underlying aim here to go bankrupt ASAP by driving paying customers away, to attract a class-action lawsuit or to lend a helping hand to malware creaters and botnet herders?

Ok I read the instructions. Please let me know if I interpreted them correctly. After I download the twee_upgrade and english language pack files, I'm suppose to put them in the witcher folder? Then I run the twee_upgrade program and then english language pack file right? Or does it not matter what folder they're (the two files) in as long as it's the same folder? Yes? No? Answer pretty please?If I installed those files incorrectly do I need to uninstall the witcher and go from there?

driftwoodlk said:
Well, I tried in Safe Mode too (with another clean install of the game) and no luck. I guess it's not meant to be.
=/ I'm trying the windows 95 option now. The hard drive is running and going. But I doubt this will work. If it does however, :beer: We shall see what tomorrow may bring

I'll tell you my solution to this abortion/patch install:
one click into the recycle bin and one click on the "add/remove programs"
Yup, that solved ALL my problemsAnd my congratulations to Atari and Project Red for replacing Microsoft for the winner of the greatest botched software release of the century award.Consider how stupid the average human is. Now consider that, by definition, half the race is more stupid than that!

Top Bottom