Marcin Iwinski (CD Projekt Red's CEO) On Poland's Number 1, The Witcher 2 and Mass Effect 3

+
Marcin Iwinski (CD Projekt Red's CEO) On Poland's Number 1, The Witcher 2 and Mass Effect 3

An interview from Forbes, where Marcin talks little on their relationship with GOG.com, some background facts on CDProjekt itself, The Witcher 1 & 2 sales, and Mass Effect 3.

Nothing exactly new stuff that you wouldn't find from any other magazine or anything between, but an interesting read nonethless. Worth checking out.

[Link]

RPGs are games you invest a lot of your time into. They become part of your life for quite a while. During this time you highly identify yourself with the character you play, so if suddenly, after 100+ of hours and few instalments of the series you find out that whatever you did throughout this whole time, whatever choices you made, the end is the same, well, I think that disappointment is understandable. It clearly shows that gamers expect, that their choices in the RPGs they play are really meaningful – and that’s what both the Witcher and the Witcher 2 are about.

We actually went so far in Witcher 2 that, depending on the player’s choice in Chapter One there are two totally different versions of Chapter Two, two different locations and two different storylines. To see both, you have to play the game twice. On top of that the game has 16 different endings depending on gamers choices throughout the whole game. There are decisions and there the consequences and you see it from the beginning to the end of both Witchers.

I think he sumed it up perfectly.

Wow, that was actually great and informative. Forbes is quickly becoming some of my favourite game reading.

The guy writing the article is wrong about needing a GoG version to get the EE content for free. Everyone who had the game on PC got it for free.

Interesting read otherwise.

CostinMoroianu said:
The guy writing the article is wrong about needing a GoG version to get the EE content for free. Everyone who had the game on PC got it for free.

Interesting read otherwise.

Tons and tons of internet articles I've read have been so wrong about that as well. Some also say that the DLC has cost money too or that PC players are getting slapped in the face cause they would have to buy the EE version to get the new content. Forbes really?! I think its because they cant wrap their head around it being free.
"No wait there's gotta be some catch?"

Forbes, the "Capitalist Tool", is the only financial magazine worth reading, possibly because it has always been, and still is, run by the Forbes family rather than a publishing conglomerate.

For a financial magazine writing about a computer game company and its games, it is a very good article indeed. The reporting on CDPR's finances and game sales was very positive and well done, and should attract a lot of investment interest. This means more working capital to go into producing more quality games. That is the point of having your company featured in Forbes, after all.

They sort of tripped up on trying to explain what a wiedzmin is, but I think it's something you have to have grown up with Eastern European lore to understand. Small problem compared with the overall quality and benefit of the article.

GuyN said:
They sort of tripped up on trying to explain what a wiedzmin is, but I think it's something you have to have grown up with Eastern European lore to understand. Small problem compared with the overall quality and benefit of the article.

We could try to explain it to them, if you think it would do any good. :D

I'd like CDPR to get all the funding they want, but at the same time, I hope they remember maintaining complete control is their best option.

Well, he's fixed the "EE for Free for GoG users" error :)

I think it's probably more important that Erik Kain gets his facts right about the game, I'm enjoying his reviews so far. Forbes rocks.

[quote name]
(..) On top of that the game has 16 different endings depending on gamers choices throughout the whole game.[/QUOTE]

The fuck?

Top Bottom