Cyberpsychosis and you: how should it be implemented?

+
Since one of the games big story elements seems to be the overuse of augmentations and people twitching out because of it, that should be what happens to your char as well. Im not saying that there needs to be some sort of "augment-o-meter" showing you how much percent of your body is real and how much not at all times. But augments - be it some sort of old rubbish found in the gutter or some new model from the body clinic - should have some sort of condition number slowly decreasing with its repeated use. Just like the state meter for weapons and armors in dark souls. Just that in Cyberpunk, when the number decreases too much, it still works (or not at all) but not the way you want it to, thus making it completely useless in combat. And about going slowly insane from to many augments: Maybe there could be some sort of extra items (Like Dark Souls' Rings) that enable you to wear more implants without losing your wits. Maybe some small neural device that just helps your body bear them.

The games overall promise should be: You can use super cool implants - but choose wisely because to much of it will drive you insane and you better want to have some help with you then!

Everything else would end in some sort of Uberwarrior slicing and dicing through Night City.

or sees him with some skank of a whore who, unlike the girl, did not replace her juicing and moody meat that has her bitching and unavailable five days every month for a durable and always ready plughole that never will give her cramps or migraine.

And she did it all just for him. She didn't want the surgery but even more she didn't want to be a moody and difficult girlfriend for him, and he did say he never intended on ever having kids and that he loved her no matter what...and now he is screwing that bitch and telling me that I don't feel down there like a real woman, that I am cold and impassionate and suddenly he wants stinking and whining kids...and I did it all for him...that mother-f***ng bastard and his ho can go to hell, they all can go to hell...all men and meat pussies deserve to DIE.....

oh crap, someone call C-SWAT, Kilravok's just flipped!

C-SWAT? Screw that, you have any idea of how much that custom-plated arm is worth? Hold my beer, I'm gonna grab my API rounds!

I would make cyberpsychosis just like the PnP, altering the character's perception of the world.

You would see people attacking you, pickpocketing, a couple that's really making out would see as a couple fighting and getting physical, the old lady crossing the street is a crazy mutant looking for blood. And once everything is done you see all the bodies and all the shit.

Also the TV news could show what you really did. Using security footage and really making you paranoid.

This, would be amazing.

How many implants does it take to go over the edge???

I've made a list of all the implants I want and it is A LOT. Wondering where we draw the line and if we can live normal lives with Cyberpsychosis?

How many implants does it take to go over the edge???

I've made a list of all the implants I want and it is A LOT. Wondering where we draw the line and if we can live normal lives with Cyberpsychosis?

A lot less than you want it to be, I can almost guarantee that much...

And in the PNP games, once you go psycho, you pretty much turn your character over to the gm, who runs you on a murderous rampage until someone or something takes you down... if they manage to bring you in Alice, you will be stripped of cyber, and prosecuted for your crimes (if you are a mass murderer they will NOT allow you into c-swat, regardless of what the teaser vid shows, at least not typically, and definitely not openly)... after that you will spend your days in braindance, watching endless brady bunch re-runs.

Well thats disheartening.

Guess I'll have to be extremely careful installing implants then. Hoping they come out with a cure soon.

Well thats disheartening.

Guess I'll have to be extremely careful installing implants then. Hoping they come out with a cure soon.

It's supposed to make you more careful. It's a mechanic to prevent you from being a munchkin power gamer more interested in creating an uber dude and gaming the system than making an actually interesting character.

It's the Superman syndrome... the sad fact is, Superman is boring, because he can do anything, he has ridiculous godlike power far beyond that of anyone else. The only reason he is ever interesting is because of authorial control. Batman really isn;t much better, only his superpower is being stupidly wealthy. DC heroes, at least the big icons, tend to be pretty much flawless and perfect. But that makes them boring. It's why marvel consistently has better sales, even though their writers are of equal quality. Most Marvel characters have flaws, they aren't invincible, and even when they are they are far far from perfect. It makes them more relatable, and makes their stories more suspenseful.

And I say this as someone who has typically bought more DC books than Marvel, and that's not even counting Vertigo books.

It's why the first Die Hard is the best in the series, and why its really better than 90% of all action films ever made... John Maclaine wasn't a super cop, he was just a cop... and he spent the entire movie getting his ass kicked up one side and down the other. He limped his way through, injured, bleeding, confused, and battered... but persevered through determination and force of will... Thats what made Die Hard so great.

Especially in comparison to a movie like Commando... where the hero stands out in the open posing while mowing down wave after wave of bad guys, even when he gets his its nothing more than a scratch that doesn't impede him in the slightest.... it was just boring...

Yes, Superman and Batman are quite annoying. Always winning and super good. I can't stand those types.

Anyways, I wasn't trying to make an uber super assassin anti-hero. Ok, maybe I was.

Here's a list of the implants I definitely want.

Slice N' Dice, Ripperhands, Neural Processor with all links, Militech Arms Silencers, Pain Editor, Biomonitor, nanosurgeons, Venomhand, (Modular Cyberhand) "Give'em the Finger" implant from Dynalar Technologies, Left arm equipped with Silenced 10mm pop-up auto loader, Right Arm with 12" retractable monoblade, Doc RIchter Seismic Detector with sound absorbing soles (Stealth foot silencer), Grip Foot, Speed Graphs, Sound canceller, Infrared Kiroshi Optics (with TImes Square Marquee +, lowlite, thermographic sensor, targeting scope, antidazzle, Modified Slit Eyes), Forked long Tongue, Toxin Binders, Enhanced antibodies, Rattlesnake Vampire canines (augmented with Rattlesnake poison injectors, spit venom or bite to inject), Enhanced Olfactory Boost Sense, Gill Implants, Pacesetter 2000 Heart, "Rabbit Ear" Cyberaudio Eardrum enhancements (Amplified hearing, Tight Beam Radio Link, Phone Splice, Scrambler, Bug Detector, Enhanced hearing range, Sound Editing, Wearman, Radar Detector, Homing Tracer, Digital Recording link, level damper), Motion Detector, Nasal Filters, ECM generator, IR Thermal Dam, Boosted Reflexes, quickdraw armholster, Air hypodermic implant for drugs, Subdermal Body Armor, Upgraded Skinweave, Muscle/Bone Lace, Armorweave, Speedware +3, poisonous Tri-dart launcher, Plug set x3, Chipware socket, Memoryware, Zetatech Bodycomp (with Drug Analyzer, bug detector, bug jammer, signal tracker mods), Secret Spaces, & subdermal pockets. [The rest is filled with various rippers, buzzsaws, and blades. Where possible.]

Will that give me cyberpsychosis????? LUL

Yes, Superman and Batman are quite annoying. Always winning and super good. I can't stand those types.

Anyways, I wasn't trying to make an uber super assassin anti-hero. Ok, maybe I was.

Here's a list of the implants I definitely want.

Slice N' Dice, Ripperhands, Neural Processor with all links, Militech Arms Silencers, Pain Editor, Biomonitor, nanosurgeons, Venomhand, (Modular Cyberhand) "Give'em the Finger" implant from Dynalar Technologies, Left arm equipped with Silenced 10mm pop-up auto loader, Right Arm with 12" retractable monoblade, Doc RIchter Seismic Detector with sound absorbing soles (Stealth foot silencer), Grip Foot, Speed Graphs, Sound canceller, Infrared Kiroshi Optics (with TImes Square Marquee +, lowlite, thermographic sensor, targeting scope, antidazzle, Modified Slit Eyes), Forked long Tongue, Toxin Binders, Enhanced antibodies, Rattlesnake Vampire canines (augmented with Rattlesnake poison injectors, spit venom or bite to inject), Enhanced Olfactory Boost Sense, Gill Implants, Pacesetter 2000 Heart, "Rabbit Ear" Cyberaudio Eardrum enhancements (Amplified hearing, Tight Beam Radio Link, Phone Splice, Scrambler, Bug Detector, Enhanced hearing range, Sound Editing, Wearman, Radar Detector, Homing Tracer, Digital Recording link, level damper), Motion Detector, Nasal Filters, ECM generator, IR Thermal Dam, Boosted Reflexes, quickdraw armholster, Air hypodermic implant for drugs, Subdermal Body Armor, Upgraded Skinweave, Muscle/Bone Lace, Armorweave, Speedware +3, poisonous Tri-dart launcher, Plug set x3, Chipware socket, Memoryware, Zetatech Bodycomp (with Drug Analyzer, bug detector, bug jammer, signal tracker mods), Secret Spaces, & subdermal pockets. [The rest is filled with various rippers, buzzsaws, and blades. Where possible.]

Will that give me cyberpsychosis????? LUL

About twice over... plus you have things that can't be taken with each other...

Its a rough list for the implants I want. Any and all advice is always welcome.

If you can tell me which body part I've gone over, I can probably try to fix it from there. Very much appreciated.

Also being twice over, what is the best silent assassin build?

Its a rough list for the implants I want. Any and all advice is always welcome.

If you can tell me which body part I've gone over, I can probably try to fix it from there. Very much appreciated.

Also being twice over, what is the best silent assassin build?

The Ultrachrome lists are taken from Andrew Jamse Node 16 Reference books...

While it lists virtually every item in all the printed materials, and there basic stats, it does not list everything about them... Which is why each entry has a reference code at the end of its listing, so you can look up the individual items and know exactly what they are, and what their limitations are. In my games, players are not allowed to take anything directly off the list, they are required to read the entire entry.... since I have a couple of every single printed book ever putout, they have no excuse not to do this.

I'm sorry man, I am waaaaay to busy to go over your list for you and tell you how to fix it... but I can tell you that you can't have subdermal armor and skin weave, nor can you have skinweave and armor weave, etc... its a one or the other situation... and that was just what I saw glancing over it...

As for best silent killer... that would be an unaugmented human with either a silenced .22 caliber pistol or poisons.

But that's not the answer you want... what you want is a Militech Spyder full conversion. Or a Gemini Full conversion.

I kind of find it a heartwarming fact that your counseling on this matter, Wisdom, is kind of reminding me of the message board blurbs in the Chromebooks.

I kind of find it a heartwarming fact that your counseling on this matter, Wisdom, is kind of reminding me of the message board blurbs in the Chromebooks.
Lol...

With great power comes great responsibility... or really big electric bills.... something...

I always find it funny that for all that whole 'great power, great responsibility' line gets used in the Spider-Man comics, Spidey is the only one who never follows through on it.

Nah, going by the junkyard-ful of heavy metal there, he wants a sane Dragoon.

lol.... no such thing... no one who is sane in the first place signs up for that shit...

The most you can hope for is a calm Dragoon, made so by behavioral modification chips and drugs...

Even if by some miracle you manage to roll incredibly low on your humanity loss, you are still a stubbed toe away from full blown rampage and slaughter... And I never met a therapist that would willingly be placed in a room with a 7 foot tall metal monstrosity capable of leveling the building with a nervous twitch... so therapy is right out...

And on top of all that,.... even if you do survive, and still have enough humanity to remember your own name... what are you gonna do? Where are you gonna go? You are walking around in a highly illegal piece of military tech. Militech Dragoons in their off-duty get hooked up to braindance scenes of puppies and kittens to keep them calm.... they don't get to hang out, they don;t get to go to the bar, or to the movies... you don't take a tank for walkies...

Popular joke:
So a dragoon walked into a bar...
Then C-SWAT showed up with a fully armed AV-4 and leveled the block

Ironically enough I'm starting to have flashbacks to the plot of Metal Gear Solid 4, where nanomachines were being used to suppress the emotions and battlefield memories of soldiers in order to better control and adjust them to combat conditions (basically all the usual traumas that a soldier faces on the frontlines) - but there were moments in the game where the nanomachines were suddenly shut off, resulting in all those repressed memories and emotions basically overwhelming the soldiers, resulting in hundreds of soldiers on a battlefield just dropping whatever they were doing at the time and flailing on the ground, screaming, soiling themselves, crying their eyes out, laughing insanely, going on batshit shoot-everything-in-sight sprees, or just plain outright having a heart attack on the spot due to sheer system shock.

EDIT: Yay, found a link to it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqKfBScDs5c&t=1m10s

The Dragoon is cool, but I had my eyes on the Eclipse conversion and with my brain implanted, I can STILL DO DRUGSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!111

Top Bottom