Ciri Fan Art Thread

+
@EmperorZorn
I know, but it wasn't a very large epidemy - people wasn't dying on the streets. If it be serious danger, king, Adda and government will quickly evacuate.

They would be the first to leave.

I wish CDPR would clear up when exactly TW3 is set, so we could get over it.
It's not canon, so if they say TW1 is set in 1270 I have no problem with that.

But I'd really like to have some sort of official stance on this paradox.

Was fun to discuss this with you, @SMiki55 !

Well on the homepage you can read:
MAY 1272
The war with Nilfgaard obliterated the old order. The North is engulfed in chaos, and marching armies leave a plague of monsters in their wake. Geralt of Rivia once more treads the Witcher’s Path.

I think this is when the third game starts.

So:
1268 - end of war, Rivian Pogrom, first outbreak
1268 or 1269 - war in Pontar Valley between Henselt and Demavend (mentioned in TW2)
1270 - The Witcher 1. Cool times.
1271 - The Witcher 2. Filippa (and other sorceresses from Lodge) has been arrested.
1272 - The Witcher 3. With hunts. Filippa has been burned. Second outbreak.

The game's year is irrelevant to Ciri's age btw - she can travel through space and time, i.e. if she does make an appearance, she can be a teenage girl, a grown woman or an old hag and it would still make sense.

Anyway, carry on.

The game's year is irrelevant to Ciri's age btw - she can travel through space and time, i.e. if she does make an appearance, she can be a teenage girl, a grown woman or an old hag and it would still make sense.

I hate it when Reptile has a point. He does have a point.

If you think about it, Ciri can only be older than when she left.
Because regardless of in what point of time she is, she'd age.

So she could stay in the future or past for 50 years and return to Geralt's present as an old woman.

But yes, Reptile has a point ...what do we do now ?

It's possible that she stayed in the other world for, say, 2 months and then travelled back to Geralt's world at the time when the game takes place. So, really, she needs to be no younger than she was at the end of the saga but that's the only limitation.

Unless she went back in time, found herself at a younger age and brought younger Ciri with her... But fuck that.

Last edited:
@EmperorZorn @SMiki55
I thought Ciri was born in 1252, after all in the 7th book she should be 16 years old... but I've always had some doubts about her age, I read she was 14 in the 4th book and then... 15 in Baptism of Fire, I have to say there are some inconsistencies or...something wrong with the translation.

Anyway she can "easily" move in space but she had some issues with time in the last book, unless she has spent this 2 years in worlds like the Aen Elle one. Otherwise she should be 21 according to five years passed after The Lady of The Lake.

Last edited:
Also, have you considered the possibility of the games taking place in an alternate reality to that of the books - would explain the character and date inconsistencies.

Technically, that is the case, as the games are not canon but you know what I mean.

Also, have you considered the possibility of the games taking place in an alternate reality to that of the books - would explain the character and date inconsistencies.

Technically, that is the case, as the games are not canon but you know what I mean.
Overcomplicate.

Mh, yes the games are not canon...but an alternate reality with Temeria....
...The situation was already complicated in the books, let's just keep it like that, without adding anything. :p

Honestly, that's what I'm thinking. Or maybe Geralt himself did, when he was with the Wild Hunt.

I'm sensing some alternate universe BS a la Bioshock at the end of the game, and I don't like it.

Top Bottom