Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, Senteria, hope you forgive my English, ok?
better not try to be 'funny' in a language that I don't know.

Last edited:
my pic and my gaming rig photo

my pic and my gaming ri8 photo....looks tired :)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Geralt_7.jpg
    Geralt_7.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 32
Today I got myself a new PSU in my pursuit of making a silent PC. My old PSU was generally quiet until it got to a high load and then get very loud very quickly. Wasn't too happy with spending money right now but since I am going to go for the GTX 880 when it comes out and for that I would need a better PSU I figure why the hell not.

So I got myself a Corsair RM Series 750w PSU, was fairly cheap for it's power ( roughly 170 dollars ) after reading some reviews on which PSU is very quiet for my requirements and I am quite pleased with it.

Generally this PSU won't even use it's fan since it doesn't get hot enough, and that's me pushing my PC with games with Rome 2 and Wargame Airland Battle, and my PC case is quite hot since I run my CPU fans at very low levels and my GPU at 40% while having a silent PC case which makes things even hotter! Quite pleased with it and finally I have a very quiet PC. It's not completely silent, for that I would need special case fans and watercooling on both CPU and GPU, which is beyond my money at the moment.

Last edited:
I got a similar experience with Seasonic Platinum 760. It basically doesn't use a fan until certain load / temperature. I didn't even reach such one yet, even running TW2 on max settings (besides ubersampling which I never use). This was kind of surprising, since my previous PSU made a very strong noise under such load. My case isn't that hot in general though, since I don't overclock and the system is well ventilated and has large fans.

Last edited:
my seasonic s12 II 620 watts PSU is also performing well from since May 13..
working very much smoothly and quietly..noiseless :)

I find myself in a pretty bad situation and in need of some advice: My GPU is no longer working.

I went afk from my PC for a minute while I had a game on, nothing stressful , and when I came back I found my PC shut down: No blue screen or bars on my monitor just shut down. Restarting it PC I found that the GPU won't start: Even the fans won't spin and I don't get anything on either of my two monitors. I tried removing it and putting it back it, replacing the power cords from the PSU to it and uninstalling my drivers.

I still have warranty for it, but knowing Romania it would take some time for it to get fixed, but then it struck me that it could be my Motherboard itself: It certainly has been giving me some issues like refusing to start for certain periods of time when I reset my PC and forcing me to go through BIOS because "my overclocking settings have failed" ( although I didn't overclock for a long time until recently ).

Or it could be I lost an expensive GPU to my own foolish mistakes; Recently I lowered the fan speed from 50% to 40%, even so it was still running at just 80 degrees C so I assumed it would be fine, guess not.

I find myself in a pretty bad situation and in need of some advice: My GPU is no longer working.

I went afk from my PC for a minute while I had a game on, nothing stressful , and when I came back I found my PC shut down: No blue screen or bars on my monitor just shut down. Restarting it PC I found that the GPU won't start: Even the fans won't spin and I don't get anything on either of my two monitors. I tried removing it and putting it back it, replacing the power cords from the PSU to it and uninstalling my drivers.

I still have warranty for it, but knowing Romania it would take some time for it to get fixed, but then it struck me that it could be my Motherboard itself: It certainly has been giving me some issues like refusing to start for certain periods of time when I reset my PC and forcing me to go through BIOS because "my overclocking settings have failed" ( although I didn't overclock for a long time until recently ).

Or it could be I lost an expensive GPU to my own foolish mistakes; Recently I lowered the fan speed from 50% to 40%, even so it was still running at just 80 degrees C so I assumed it would be fine, guess not.

80C isn`t too hot for a GPU as most thermal limiters are set to about the mid 90 range but the fans not working is definitely a cause for concern . My monitor has has it`s own separate connection for power and at times due to static electricity buildup it`s necessary to unplug the monitor and wait about 30 seconds and plug it back in . Similar to rebooting a router . Do you have an integrated card on your mobo that you can switch to ?

I have and I am using that right now with my monitor so that's certainly not it. I think the socket on my MOBO has just stopped working, which wouldn't be as bad as the GPU not working.

I have and I am using that right now with my monitor so that's certainly not it. I think the socket on my MOBO has just stopped working, which wouldn't be as bad as the GPU not working.
Is there anything in the windows logs at about the time that it shut itself off ?

Yeah I'll see what I can do about that, sadly I doubt any of my family or friends has a PC that can run this GPU. It is a GTX 770 after all.

It quite pisses me off since it is a very good card and I paid quite a lot for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom