CDPR Please Read...

+
CDPR Please Read...

Ok..so after downloading and playing 1.04 all day yesterday on my PS-4..it left me feeling very angry and disappointed. First off..why was the armor/weapon enhancement time cut in half when you visit an armorer table or grindstone? Now, if I want that enhancement, I find myself running back every 12 minutes to a signpost to warp back and get it. Also, why was the merchants gold reduced? Now, it takes 7 days of meditating to have the merchants repop their gold, and it's such a small amount, you can't even sell all your junk in one trip there. So then I have to wait 7 more days...it makes the game not fun to have to waste so much time at a merchant. Anyway, please undo these 2 things!! I'm all for fixing exploits and rebalancing the game, but these changes are not really neccessary, given all the other corrections that were already made due to exploits and such. The game is becoming less and less fun to play with every patch, and feels more like a waste of time. Maybe more focus should be on correction of bugs and exploits, as opposed to nerfing things that really don't need to be?

Really hope someone from CDPR can respond to this and explain to me why the changes to the merchants money/spawn time for their gold were changed, along with why they cut in half weapon and armor enhancement time. I know for me, those 2 small things are making the game a pain in the butt to want to play, as I like to collect everything and sell everything etc..Now I feel I can't do that, and have to just bypass barrels, boxes, or whatever.

TLDR; Why nerf merchant gold and armor/weapon enhancement from tables and grindstones? Undo these 2 things please.

---------- Updated at 11:36 AM ----------

Seriously? Am I the only one who thinks this is annoying as heck and should be changed back?? It really makes things a pain, at least for my type of playstyle.

play like you want, as long it works ;) (i want to be a Vampire with magnificant superpower and several bitxxxes around my - but i cant, so this game suxx - that was sarcasm )

This is a poor world with only a mini amount of money. Geralt is not designed to be the rich guy, he will never be - in my humble opinion the merchandes have to much money, the buy nearly everything, even the rusty old crap sword - and this several times.

Letz make this more Realisitic - "What? this is the third rusty old sword you try to sell me, get the fuck out of my store!"
There is also too much loot in the world - nothing is realy hard to gather ...

I kind of disagree with you..At the end of my adventure, I like to feel badass. Rich, powerful, etc..I don't want to be a level 35 pauper. I am the type that likes a lot of loot in a world. But, I must be in the minority, I guess, which sucks for me, because I envision less herbs to pick, less lootable containers, less loot off mobs, less of everything in the expansions and later DLC's. It will probably make me be one of the few who quit playing I guess. Makes me sad. Can't play how I want if there is less of everything. I am of the opinion that everyone should have the ability and freedom to play how they want. Don't want that taken away from me or limited.

Edit: How would we get money to buy all the formula's and repair and whatnot, if merchants had no money to buy our items?

Edit #2...I already don't even want to play the game now. Playing seems like a daunting task now..don't even want to boot it up after patch 1.04 on console.

Last edited:
Yes, they are annoying you are right. Luckily for the vendors' gold there are a couple of mods in Nexus, so if you are on PC you can easily fix that. For the forge time there's not a mod made appositely for it but in my personal combat rebalance, Better Combat, I increased the time to 1 hour.

Surely these things are not gamebreaking or anything but you wonder why CDPR even waste time to alter them as the changes don't do nothing to balance the game more (the exploit with the pearls had nothing to do really with how much money the vendor possessed but with the pearls costing more than the shells) and as far as forge time, +20% bonus when you have skills that in the end give more than 200 is nothing particularly overdone to warrant a nerf in duration. At the limit they should have reduced the bonus, NOT the duration (as I've done given how my mod reduces all bonuses drastically).

---------- Updated at 12:20 PM ----------

play like you want, as long it works ;) (i want to be a Vampire with magnificant superpower and several bitxxxes around my - but i cant, so this game suxx - that was sarcasm )

This is a poor world with only a mini amount of money. Geralt is not designed to be the rich guy, he will never be - in my humble opinion the merchandes have to much money, the buy nearly everything, even the rusty old crap sword - and this several times.

Letz make this more Realisitic - "What? this is the third rusty old sword you try to sell me, get the fuck out of my store!"
There is also too much loot in the world - nothing is realy hard to gather ...

So you REALLY think that the problem of Geralt having too much money in the end is because of vendor's gold availability? Sorry to bust your bubble but it's not that the items you find/carry are worth too much money for 95% of the people to afford it, you just simply need to spend more time to sell them instead than do it all at once. The result in the end is the same, the only difference is the time involved, nothing more and nothing less.

Sure, merchants shouldn't be extremely rich in a poor setting as in Witcher's lore, but they should possess a capital tied to the price of the items they are selling. It is not rare to see merchants selling swords that cost a lot of money with very little change and that doesn't make much sense, just from a realistic point of view. Either you don't enable those vendors to carry those weapons or you give them enough money to explain that (because how in the hell they could afford it elsewhere? Do you think a common medieval blacksmith could carry an orned silver weapon back then, as an example? If he really could take the hang of one he would sell it immediately and much probably change job).

If you go with the concept of realism then probably 50% of the items Geralt carries should cost too much for practically 95% of the vendors to afford them, as they are unique. Frankly speaking the economy in W3 is faulted in many aspects at the core, and vendor gold stash is the least of the problems.

Last edited:
I kind of disagree with you..At the end of my adventure, I like to feel badass. Rich, powerful, etc..I don't want to be a level 35 pauper.

This is not the game where you feel badass, rich, and powerful, so not.
Those 2 things were broken and too OP. So, they fixed them. end of the story.

Oh, so at level 35 from level 1, you should feel like a wimp? The whole purpose of an RPG USED to be leveling, getting stronger..Not staying poor and penniless the whole time.

I disagree with OP. The fact that you want to play hoarder and rich badass means very little, because the game is about a witcher name Geralt of Rivia and he is not a rich hoarder. Also, claiming that everybody should be able to play a single game any way they want is simply ridicolous.

I think the poor, war ravaged setting is great and the merchant system works fine. If anything, I miss a survival mode with mandatory food and sleep.

Yeah, it's sad, I am completely outnumbered here, but, at the same time, I still feel I should be able to play the game the way I want.

Ok, so answer me this then...

Why is there a lot of items to loot in the game? Why are there a lot of recipe's, good and great armors, treasure chests, all that? Should the world be empty, and you run around with a rusty sword for 35 levels, with tattered rags for armor? This isn't real life, it's a game, it's supposed to be an escape from reality...Everyone should be able to play the game how they want. How do you think it's right to restrict that? The way you are talking, the game should be stripped down, strictly linear, and Geralt shouldn't have a gold to his name.

TLDR; If they didn't want the game to be about making money and hoarding, then why the hell did they put so many items, herbs, swords, and everything else into the game?

Oh, so at level 35 from level 1, you should feel like a wimp? The whole purpose of an RPG USED to be leveling, getting stronger..Not staying poor and penniless the whole time.

No, the whole purpose of an RPG, of EVERY RPGs, is to role as a character. Geralt is poor and penniless, you're roling as Geralt, so you should be poor and penniless.

---------- Updated at 12:47 PM ----------

This isn't real life, it's a game, it's supposed to be an escape from reality...Everyone should be able to play the game how they want.

Actually not. This is just the Bethesda philosophy. And this is why their RPGs suck.
An RPG is really not "play how you want". Have you ever heard about Gothic? Planescape Torment? Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines?

And "an escape from reality" doesn't mean that you can play how you want.

Well, I disagree that Bethesda's RPG's suck..I had a great time with Skyrim. I don't think I am the only one..That game sold a TON of copies world wide. I just think everyone should be able to decide what Geralt is, poor and penniless, or rich and badass at endgame. To me there is not a feeling of accomplishment or reward for 200 hours of a game if I feel the same at the end that I did at the beginning. Or if I am wearing the same crappy armor or close to it at level 35, that I had at level 1. Still, my question goes unanswered..why put all the lootable containers, items, herbs, runes, etc etc etc into the game if they didn't want to allow people to horde AND to be well off by the end of the adventure? Shouldn't that be a choice? Not a forced path, saying you HAVE to end the game penniless like you began it?

Last edited:
1. Weapon/armour table, I think it was intended as a bonus you sometimes use, not a buff to be kept up at all times. Personally I've never gone to village for the sole purpose of buffing. I'm guessing the game wasn't balanced around being buffed 100% of the time.

2. Why not just go to another vendor later? If you have enough stuff to sell that every vendor in velen is broke, I can tell you right now you have enough gold. I pick up and sell almost all the loot I find (I don't steal from villages or homes though) and I've been overburdened twice. I get to a village sell what I can and then move on.

I really think CDPR design goal was to have you travel to villages and cities as you play and travel, not every 12mins to sell and buff. The choice to have limited coin, and to not have grindstones in every village reflects this.

Neither of the changes affect how I personally play, but the developers can still have a way they see you playing the game, and from the looks of it's partially to discourage how you played. They don't want you to have blacksmith buffs all the time, and they don't want you meditating at merchants to sell.

Last edited:
Seems like every vendor aside from BS's have had their money reduced by a lot. But yeah, if they don't want me sitting at a vendor and meditating, do you think they want me running all over Velen just to unload one load of items totally?

I understand what you are saying though. I actually think you are right, at least about the grindstones and armor tables. Thanks for the perspective. However, I just can't agree about the merchants. I like a lot of loot. It makes me explore the whole world. To see what I'll find around the next corner. I don't want less loot, less lootable containers, less chests, etc..I hope the game does not go in that direction.

Last edited:
In the books (the whole saga we got in Europe), Geralt IS poor and penniless most of the time. He gets a good amount of money when he reaches the very rich region of Toussaint (the region we will see in the DLC), but this more like an exception compared to the rest of the world and the specific case of the witchers.
Plus the whole region is at war in TW3. It USED to be "peaceful" and "wealthy", hence the huge amount of pricy Relics and Magic items. And I am not even mentioning the fact that Elves and Dwarves used to rule there a few centuries back :).

So, I find it lore-friendly and I thank CDPR for that. And the economic system is quite good. The official guide I have stipulates that merchant types and regions affect the amount of money you get from the stuff you sell. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Got ya. I see that I am fighting a losing argument. I just hope they don't become nerf happy, like Blizzard is. I hope they don't take out all the lootables, or even a portion of them. Guess my PS-4 gets unplugged from the net for a while. LOL :)

Cheers.

Got ya. I see that I am fighting a losing argument. I just hope they don't become nerf happy, like Blizzard is. I hope they don't take out all the lootables, or even a portion of them. Guess my PS-4 gets unplugged from the net for a while. LOL :)

Cheers.

Let's be confident, they'll eventually make the game as good as it possibly can be through the upcoming patches!

I guess my play style is wrong..according to folks here, I shouldn't be doing it the way I am. I'll be waiting to see what happens with the next patches before I download/install them. Already pulled the plug on the internet going to the PS-4. Kinda wish I had this on the PC, because at least that way I could possibly download some mods that might make the game fit more of my play style. I'm a completionist, like to pick up every herb, every conatiner has to be looted, every chest opened, everything. It's why I was in heaven when the game first came out, I was in loot heaven!!!

Top Bottom