The worst patching system in all of gaming

+
The worst patching system in all of gaming

WTF, whenever i start downloading the patch a mesage pops up saying "the patch cannot be downloaded, connect to the internet..." or something like that. What's the matter? now i can't play this fucking game.

What can I say: it is not unpatchable, it is not error filled, and if you can't appreciate getting 10GB of content for free, there is not much I can say except get a decent Internet connection that can download it.

Internet connections that cannot handle large files, because they are slow or proxied or firewalled or have incompetent antivirus programs or have file size caps or have bandwidth caps, are not the fault of the developers.

Everybody who provides assistance on these forums, both moderators and ordinary members, is a volunteer. They do so out of love for the game and not out of an obligation to be servile to loudmouths. They will return help for requests posed decently and in order. The more polite ones will return silence for cursing; the less polite ones will call you out for it.

If you want assistance, after that kind of flaming, you would do well to make a showing of wanting assistance, by calming down, posting details of the problems you are having, what your computer and Internet setups are, and what you have already done to try to solve the problem before you resorted to posting abuse on the forums.

Forum veteran
Doesn't the GOG downloader allow you to stop/resume your download? Of course, as an owner of the game you'd be entitled to the GOG version for free.

... Except you apparently threw it into a river, so I guess the river is entitled to the GOG version, instead.

If it's GoG, it's reliable in my experience. If you're using the auto patcher via the launcher, that most definitely is NOT reliable.

Why use the launcher only when you can get the TW2EE from either of the links the first is from this site and the second is for if you haven`t claimed your GOG backup copy . BTW the GOG copy comes with the EE already patched in so all you have to do is install it .
http://en.thewitcher.com/enhancededition/
http://www.thewitcher.com/backup/

Have you tried running the game from the witcher2exe located in your Witcher 2>Bin folder ?

I think you should have calm down and find another solution, for example, made a back up on GOG and download the fully enhanced version there. But i guess since you threw it into the river already so no CD key for you to redeem it. Anyway this is not CPR's fault, they have been supporting their customer to the best way possible, and to give freely 10gb worth of content, i think they deserve a little more respect than that.

I would beg to differ. Over on ... Another forum, people are grousing because after 3 months there still isn't a patch at all!

The Witcher 2 launcher definately isn't perfect and then there was that EE patch checksum snag, but I wouldn't say it's the worst in the world. I've definately tried worse.

When in doubt, try the GoG version.

Top Bottom