Martial Arts in 2077.

+
He's seen things you people wouldn't believe.

This thread has me thinking of the Tism "Everyone else has had more sex than me" video...

And now I hate you all.

Most of the Open world RPGs do H2H extremely bad.

Let me have a character that for once don`t telegraph his punches from a mile away. PLEASE.
Other then this, boxing, Judo, South East Asian Kickboxing, BJJ, and a whole loads of 'dirty moves'.

E.g. I want to be able to pick up a cue ball and throw it at someone or take a cinderblock and swing it away.

Timed counters also would be great.

The ability to move out of the way gracefully as well. Actually just the ability to move in a normal boxing stance upon toggle would be great.

If possible, I would like to edit my own combinations.

Instead of three mouseclick being jab right hook
Well, Poet decides three clicks is Jab right jab

and so on and so forth.

Last edited:
I would really rather it not be combo required, but perhaps combo inclusive....

Sometimes I don't want to mess with having to remember button and timing bullshit, sometimes I just want to punch and kick and murderstomp.

I would really rather it not be combo required, but perhaps combo inclusive....

Sometimes I don't want to mess with having to remember button and timing bullshit, sometimes I just want to punch and kick and murderstomp.

I'm terrible with complicated and timely combos.. I hate them as I'm sure they hate me back.. Since i can't remember most of the combos during the fight and the ones i do remember, can't time it right.. In those games, i usually end up using the same easy combo over and over again until i finish the game..

I'm terrible with complicated and timely combos.. I hate them as I'm sure they hate me back.. Since i can't remember most of the combos during the fight and the ones i do remember, can't time it right.. In those games, i usually end up using the same easy combo over and over again until i finish the game..

i like many different combos also complicated ones but i dont want it for this game because its not that important

also very true, being able to fist fight is important, but it is not impoertant for it to be complicated... Actually I really dug the way gta san andreas and SR2 did it, where you could take different styles, at really any time, and keep it fresh... though being able to mix and match moves from different styles would be cool too.

also very true, being able to fist fight is important, but it is not impoertant for it to be complicated... Actually I really dug the way gta san andreas and SR2 did it, where you could take different styles, at really any time, and keep it fresh... though being able to mix and match moves from different styles would be cool too.

Actually, i think the game called Jade Empire did it right.. You were able to pick one of the fighting styles you know and whenever you attacked, you would attack by the style you have picked.. No need for combos..

Also, while fighting, right mouse button can be punching and left mouse button can be kicking.. Make up your own combos..

I would definitely prefer seperate punch, kick, grapple buttons, and allowing you to combo them how you please.

I would definitely prefer seperate punch, kick, grapple buttons, and allowing you to combo them how you please.

Well, first be carrying no ranged weapons, or allow a modifier for melee attacks with item held?

And then set up weak attack,(punch or grasp, depending on martial art used or modifier pressed), strong attack (kick or throw) as well as a dodge/parry option and a counterattack option?

Or just a separate button for all the above, but that seems clumsly.

What about movement-combo options. So, Grab, then move forward while light attack is throw, move back light attack is choke, double-tap heavy button is armbar-to-break kind of thing?

Well, first be carrying no ranged weapons, or allow a modifier for melee attacks with item held?

And then set up weak attack,(punch or grasp, depending on martial art used or modifier pressed), strong attack (kick or throw) as well as a dodge/parry option and a counterattack option?

Or just a separate button for all the above, but that seems clumsly.

What about movement-combo options. So, Grab, then move forward while light attack is throw, move back light attack is choke, double-tap heavy button is armbar-to-break kind of thing?

Great, now I want to play tekken....

Let's just say I HATE, and generally don't buy, games that require button combos and timing and just leave it at that.

Top Bottom