Thank You CDProjekt RED

+
Thank You CDProjekt RED

I decided to create a new topic to give us opportunity to thank CDPRed for their amazing work and attitude. They deserve not only our money, but also to feel appreciated.

Witcher 2 is great game - starting with amazing story, gameplay, graphics, sound, music, engine, etc. This is one thing.
Let's not forget their constant support, free DLC's, patches, listening US - gamers. The list is very long. I know there were some problems, but this company, like no other is doing what should be done.

And last thing I want to say - one word that comes to my mind when I hear CDPRed - PASSION. I feel it and see it everywhere.

So let me start: THANK YOU CDP!!

I second this. I admit I was pretty miffed with the vanilla version; a shoddy inventory, no hardware mouse support, ( still no hardware mouse support, actually), no 16:10, lots of bugs, etc. But what separates CDPR is their commitment to post release support, and so far they've lived up to that. They don't just put the game out there and move on, they try and polish it to perfection. That's what they did with TWEE. I hope they continue to polish TW2, and it'll no doubt be a game I'll have many playthroughs with.

Thank you, CDPR, for setting such a shining example on how to treat both your franchise, as well as your fan-base and community. : )

I want to say this is first time in my life wen someone(especially studio projekt), inspire me so much so i have never ending gratitude for you dedication in my life, and thank you MR Andrzej Sapkowski for your incredible work

Support pagan-metal.

Yep, thank you for creating one of the best game series I have played in years. And continuing to patch and enhance the game.

I'll just join you because CDPR continues to amaze me with their dedication and attention to their fans. They show respect and I'm pretty sure that most of them show their respect back. {there are a few stupid pirates out there who like to be cheap and make their practice look like a bad-ass "scene" attitude in order to cover the fact that they are actually thieves}

I supported CDPR from their very beginning with vanilla Witcher 1. I told everyone, my friends, my brother etc. to go buy the game and I did the same for The Witcher 2. I actually know many people that pirate games but they REFUSED to download The Witcher 2. They went on and bought the game legally in order to show their support.

I bought the Collector's Edition not only because it was the best CE edition that I've ever seen for any game but because I wanted to show my respect for CDPR in a way that I know that matters. The other way is to do what we are all doing here in this thread, writing about and showing our appreciation.

Thankfully the "patch trolls" of the old message board have disappeared to their holes {finally} and only true fans are here.

Yes, the game had problems but this is a fact with ANY game and I dare anyone to prove me wrong on this. I knew that they are going to fix everything and I still know that they are going to continue fixing every little detail.

Just 30 minutes ago I read about the announcement of "PC version 2.0" and WOW! am I hyped about that! THAT'S THE CDPR THAT I KNOW AND LIKE!!!

Keep up the good work.

P.S. And now for some criticism. The only slight "dent" in all this was the X-Box version. I hate consoles, I believe that they have wrecked gaming from the very day that developers turned to the "multi-platform" format, I believe that each platform has specific boundaries that should not be crossed because consoles are more static in their evolution than the PC and making games as multi-plaform automatically means reducing them to the most common denominator which is the LAME X-Box by today's standards.

The Witcher 2 already had a hint of "consolization" in its UI and overall control scheme but at least you did make it with the PC crowd in mind regarding story and style.

My one and only fear is that after making the X-Box version you are going to turn to multi-platform releases as all other developers have done which in turns leads to consolization and making future games stupider in order to generate sales from console kids and casual gamers who are more numerous than hardcore gamers.

BioWare is the latest victim of this and they were my favorite developer until they did the Dragon Age 2 fiasko. I realized that they are doing games for console kids from now on and I'm very disappointed by this.

So PLEASE CDPR do NOT fall for the same crap. Stand up to your principles and respect PC gamers even after The witcher series goes multi-platform.

That is all.

bowman summed up my feelings perfectly. I also fear that next game might be dumbed down a liitle bit. You cant blame me after DA 2 failure :(

But for now, thanks CDPR for great games and for treating me as mature gamer.

CDP has no equal when it comes to combination of making quality games + extreme customer friendliness. For this, they have my eternal thanks.

And also for creating some of the best games ever made, with Geralt, character I loved since I first read Last Wish 12 years ago. I never imagined Witcher would ever be so big, well known, and so extremely well done in a game, my favourite medium.

THANKS!

Let's use some words from my favorit science fiction tv show: "A shining beacon in space...the last best hope for"...well, the last of the good game developes in my opinion. Always putting customers first, I really admire this. Because in these days usually only the profit matters.

Good work CD Project Red, keep it up!

I'll just say that your attitude and dedication are enough to have me as your loyal fan and customer for the rest of my life.

Now hurry up and give us the SDK, the modding scene is dying!!

+LIKE

I would love to Thank CDPR too, for shining the light upon my singsong soul and introduced me to the witcher (Really, I've never even heard of the series until my friend smacked TW1 onto my face and I felt in love with it!). Thank you for creating the best RPG I've ever played! I love everything about it! I could see such care from how you kept trying to fix all the problems others have complained. And I will always be looking forward for future works from you guys! :D

Keep up the amazing work, CDPR. I am crazy about this game. As a life long gamer, this is one of my favorites ever.

GODzilla said:
Because in these days usually only the profit matters.

Smart guys, like CDP guys, realize that making customers happy leads to profits, even if it is more long term. Sadly there aren't many smart guys in this industry.

I share the OP's sentiment entirely, and want to thank CRProjekt for all their hard work and for making my favorite game ever as of yet.

paulcz said:
CDP has no equal when it comes to combination of making quality games + extreme customer friendliness.

This. I don't know any other company that do what they do, both in games and outside them.

Much love, guys!

I thank CDProjekt Red, too. After all, the games are quite rare treat for role-playing game fans. It was quite surprising that most of what I have written here was reflected to the Witcher 2. Of course, it's a coincidence but this probably means the thought of the designers and that of mine have something common.

However, I won't join a blind chore of praising (I don't mean it's necessarily bad as a gesture, though), which prevents different opinions from being discussed in the internet boards. I think CD Projekt Red but I'd keep my distance to the boards and will just come back occasionally to freely state my own opinion about the games. Please keep the good work.

Top Bottom