The new Geralt model

+
The new Geralt model

As you already saw it in the GC presentation demos CDPR blessed Geralt with a new face. I was told it was based on a portrait bust of Geralt. During the press presentation we (the nosy journos) noticed it… somewhere in the cosy presentation room sorry for bad quality, that was one Polish beer too many but here you get better pix: frontside-facebackstatue size in comparison with a human… who is DaerdinadvertposterAs there is an extra poster about the creation of Geralt (and other creatures) I think it's an extra "how-to"- chapter which I don't know but at least you have the pictures. Though the Geralt portrait bust is a kind of working tool / teaching aid it would make a nice view in my Witcher shrine ;-D

PetraSilie said:
As you already saw it in the GC presentation demos CDPR blessed Geralt with a new face. I was told it was based on a portrait bust of Geralt. During the press presentation we (the nosy journos) noticed it… somewhere in the cosy presentation room sorry for bad quality, that was one Polish beer too many but here you get better pix: frontside-facebackstatue size in comparison with a human… who is DaerdinadvertposterAs there is an extra poster about the creation of Geralt (and other creatures) I think it's an extra "how-to"- chapter which I don't know but at least you have the pictures. Though the Geralt portrait bust is a kind of working tool / teaching aid it would make a nice view in my Witcher shrine ;-D
So he was sculpted first and then scanned. I wonder if this is the regular routine for most character designers.

slimgrin said:
So he was sculpted first and then scanned. I wonder if this is the regular routine for most character designers.
As I understood the guys correctly it was the other way round. But don't quote me on that. I'll try to make some guys drop in here and comment on that ;)Biggie, did I say you can put a picture of me in here? Did I? Did I?!? ;)

So nice, Petra!!!!!!!! w00t (EMOTICON BACK PLZ!!!!)May I have for the DamNation plz?@DaerdinNice to see you again ^^@SlimgrinIt's the other way round usually (as far as I know, they do the same in Disney)

@DaerdinDon`t be too hard on..........Biggie ?besides it feels rather good to be able to connect a face with a name every once in a whileand is that a picture of The Crow for your avatar

Braag

Forum veteran
Yeah I noticed his new face as well. It's little different, he has few more scars and his cat eyes are back. I hope they keep it, changing his face with every presentation ain't good either.But yeah, I like it.

But there is a thing i do not like. In the alpha leaked video, geralt's face was more detailed... the skin was kinda more real. In this new one, skin looks like plastic. Another thing is, in the first alpha video, geralt's hair was animated, it had moves with the air movement... now it is all static.IMHO, Geralt model is now worst than in the alpha version. Maybe they are gonna to improve.. and I REALLY hopes so.

@ Daerdin look like you guys had a good time @ Petra Silie thanks for posting the pics of the statue now I want one almost as bad as the key chain lol well at least did you bring me back a T Shirt LOL

Hi there! As you probably know, there is quite a long story with Geralt's head. Designing a fully anatomic and interesting face and head is a piece of hard work, and we've managet to get the final design just before GamesCom 2010.This particular 3D print has been made by special machine - a kind of printer. We've provided the final design render, and here we are ;-) The process is fully automatic and the machine is really accurate and we're really happy about the result - hope you also like it!

Are you going to use this process for all characters and creatures? Because the advert poster talks in plural.
Daerdin said:
Biggie, did I say you can put a picture of me in here? Did I? Did I?!? ;)
this pic was just for comparion purpose to get a notion of the statue's size :angel:@InnerMoonAll faces in the current presentation aren't finished. Facial animation and details will be added including Geralt's hair. Especially during fights and when he jumps his ponytail doesn't move a bit ;-D@SecondchildrenI guess for all artists like you this statue is a must-have :)

Nice! The new head model is amazing. It's anatomically realistic, yet 100% resembles the character concept of the first game. CDPR are one of the few companies that take community feedback seriously and i believe it'll last them a long way. You guys are a godsend to this industry's fans.

I LOVE it. Very nice sculpture and the model is a very realistic Geralt. If that's the Geralt in the retail version proportion wise, I will be extremely happy.

Top Bottom