Ladder problem

+
Ladder problem

Wanna add an underground level, connected with the main part via ladder. Got some problems.
What means "All links are outside of navigation mesh"? What links?
I can get up the ladder, but i can't get down. I see the action "Get down", but when I press it, nothing happens.
When Geralt if climbing up, he moves towards, like the ladder is angeled... how should I fix this?
I saw a lot of ladder with the same name, how should I know, which one to use?
In the text parameter if the sticker of my ladder I see "UWAGA!!! STARA EKSPLORACJA. ZAMIENIC NA NOWY BLOCZEK". What does that mean?
Spend a lot of times trying to fix this, but I failed. Hope, someone will help.
View attachment 339

Attachments

• ladder.jpg
    ladder.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Try to activate walkmesh in View - Filter_DebugOptions - Editor Options - Debug and see if there's a walkmesh both down- and upstairs. If not, make sure your path area is high enough.
If this is not the problem, then the ladder itself might be, since some of them seem are bugged (the climbable rocks are like that, too). The thing I usually do is prepare an area where I put all the ladders that look like I could use them and I just try them out until I find one that works.

Edit: Also make sure that the first floor of the house the ladder leads to is set to Static Walkable. But it could also just be a problem with the placement of the ladder. The top of the ladder should not stick above the level of the upper floor and the part down there must not be in the ground. Just make sure that the bottom part of those two little areas matches the ground you want to walk on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom