Djinni Editor and your average noob

+
Djinni Editor and your average noob

I know Djinni will be loved by all you modders etc, but for me who has a person who has never edited or deeply modifed a game would just prefer an expansion (ive no idea hpw to modify a game such as Witcher) Dont see the point with Djini in editing your own game so you can play exactly what youve just edited? but wouldl it be like NWN where you would be able to play some1 elses editied Witcher game?Where does the average noob (like me) stand when it comes to Djinni?

ausir

Forum veteran
Well, the average noob will probably not be able to use D'jinni himself, but will benefit from playing adventures created by others.

dnl

Senior user
Rudie said:
I know Djinni will be loved by all you modders etc, but for me who has a person who has never edited or deeply modifed a game would just prefer an expansion (ive no idea hpw to modify a game such as Witcher) Dont see the point with Djini in editing your own game so you can play exactly what youve just edited? but wouldl it be like NWN where you would be able to play some1 elses editied Witcher game?Where does the average noob (like me) stand when it comes to Djinni?
how many peopleare there who can use Djinni? I personally -with no past experience- find it extremely hard.... though I'd sure like to create a story.... but it seems to me that if I was to really get into it, I should probably quit my job and work all day long on Djinni :dead:

how many peopleare there who can use Djinni? I personally -with no past experience- find it extremely hard.... though I'd sure like to create a story.... but it seems to me that if I was to really get into it, I should probably quit my job and work all day long on Djinni
hey, I'm a noob too, and I find it very easy (except some things like the map to put in), but if you have worked with NWN to make mods on your own it isn't heavy at all. My first thought on D'jinni was... Oh my god, I never will understand this...., but I work a few weeks with it now and I swear its easy (except some things like that damned map) ;D ;D ;DIf you're interested in modding, just give it a try, there are a lot of people here, who will help you when you get stuck.

dnl

Senior user
HexenmeisterRaven said:
how many peopleare there who can use Djinni? I personally -with no past experience- find it extremely hard.... though I'd sure like to create a story.... but it seems to me that if I was to really get into it, I should probably quit my job and work all day long on Djinni
hey, I'm a noob too, and I find it very easy (except some things like the map to put in), but if you have worked with NWN to make mods on your own it isn't heavy at all. My first thought on D'jinni was... Oh my god, I never will understand this...., but I work a few weeks with it now and I swear its easy (except some things like that damned map) ;D ;D ;DIf you're interested in modding, just give it a try, there are a lot of people here, who will help you when you get stuck.
No, I haven't even played NWN (though I played NWN2 and liked it, but the expansion, mask of the betrayer was a dissapointment I tthink).... I admit it is probably out of my limits... I have started a bit but got frustrated too quickly... all these files you have to create and the different codes... it just seems sth ffor experts... am I wrong? should I really try? Maybe I will...

Rudie said:
Creating an adventure is a big job - man months of work, even for something small and simple. Nevertheless, if you provide the tools, people will build adventures, and share them. It was the modding tools - the original Aurora toolkit - which kept NWN alive for so long - when you'd finished playing the official Bioware game, there were soon hundreds of community-made modules to play. Which meant Bioware sold lots more copies of the game, and everyone was happy.The Wicher engine - although it's based on Aurura - is more complex and the D'Jinni toolset at least initially feels a bit harder to get into than Aurora. But I'm already getting the mechanics of my first module working - it isn't that hard.I also think the D'Jinni competition is genius on CDPR's part. It's motivated a lot of people (including me) to have a serious go with the toolkit, so soon they'll have a whole stack of amateur-produced modules for you to download and play with. They won't be as good as The Witcher, of course, but I think my team can produce something as good as 'The Price of Neutrality', and I'm sure others can do better.

Hey, Simon..do you or someone of your team know, how to get that map in and working properly? ???Oh, and please don't tell me, I have to copy the .bmp file into my data folder... this I have heard several times and it doesn't work that easy.(...omg... I think thats my 7th or 8th post on this map-thing, and nobody knows what to do, thats driving me crazy...) :'(Theres a post from me somewhere around here ??? , where I described the problem and even Vaernus from RED Flame Team says, they've had a similar problem while working on 'Deception', so it seems I'm not that stupid at all, hope that they will get it and PM me as fast as they can.Edit: Oh, and DNL,don't give it up, try out, as you can see ;D your not the only one that will get stuck some day.... :D ;)

HexenmeisterRaven said:
Hey, Simon..do you or someone of your team know, how to get that map in and working properly? ???Oh, and please don't tell me, I have to copy the .bmp file into my data folder... this I have heard several times and it doesn't work that easy.(...omg... I think thats my 7th or 8th post on this map-thing, and nobody knows what to do, thats driving me crazy...) :'(Theres a post from me somewhere around here ??? , where I described the problem and even Vaernus from RED Flame Team says, they've had a similar problem while working on 'Deception', so it seems I'm not that stupid at all, hope that they will get it and PM me as fast as they can.Edit: Oh, and DNL,don't give it up, try out, as you can see ;D your not the only one that will get stuck some day.... :D ;)
H'mmm... yes.... 'No map for this location'... Well we're supposed to do one for phase two of the comp, so one of us had better find out!No, I don't know.

Hm..., yes errr ???I'm waiting for a PM from Vaernus...... hope they find out, I don't get it. ;DI wrote a post for your placeables, have a look there.

Edit: Oh, and DNL,don't give it up, try out, as you can see ;D your not the only one that will get stuck some day.... :D ;)[/QUOTE]thanx man... anyway, most of the people herethough seem to have a whole team working with them... do you work alone? Actually I am a published writer in my country and I find it very interesting to write a story about the witcher... So, any team out there who needs a writer, I am here!ps. I wrote a poem about the witcher, it's supposed to be one of Dandelion's song about the witcher... I hope the dev's will upload it soon in the "Fan Fiction" section. Tell me what you think of it

How big's a team? Mine's just me and my partner in crime. And some of the really impressive NWN mods are solo efforts. But there's a lot of work in a decent mod, so having a team is beneficial (I never got my big NWN mod finished because it was just too ambitious - another lesson). Being able to write well is a great start, because among the things that are hardest are plot and dialogue.
Yep, I must totally agree, and when I did my mod with NWN, I must still agree, because I had the same problem... ;) but we're still learning ;) :DMy team is... well, me and my cats for psychological support ;D , there is one woman from this forum, she helps me for my mod with a few sexscenes, and I asked her about building a team, but she deny for this, theres a new build team in Germany, they are searching for members so I send a message there, but its a new team and I don't know anything concret about it.But for all beginners (like me), it would be nice, to have a team for beginners only.. what do you think?The most argument for I'm working alone is, that profis can sometimes be so arrogant, because for them some things are very easy and they can't understand why you (the beginner) don't understand this. (sorry for this bad english and grammar)So the most time I work alone and learn on my own, only by trying out the things I need. And if I get stuck... well, as I said, on this board are a lot of people who can help you and are willing to help.

We at REDFlame Interactive are here to help everyone in the community. We've got some more tutorials coming as we find new things out, as well as our Deception module launching this coming Friday that will not only be a new mod to play, but has many advanced components that can be pulled apart and used for own creations.If anyone ever has any issues with a mod, feature, or just wants to learn more about Djinni, don't hesitate to send an email to wphelps@witchermod.com and I will be more than happy to assist, along with our entire team. :)

Vaernus said:
We at REDFlame Interactive are here to help everyone in the community. We've got some more tutorials coming as we find new things out, as well as our Deception module launching this coming Friday that will not only be a new mod to play, but has many advanced components that can be pulled apart and used for own creations.If anyone ever has any issues with a mod, feature, or just wants to learn more about Djinni, don't hesitate to send an email to wphelps@witchermod.com and I will be more than happy to assist, along with our entire team. :)
I think the Raven and I would be extremely grateful if you could do dome notes about making maps - it's a point we're both stuck on.

Yes, that is a thing with these maps, that's driving me crazy....I opened a new thread about this map, I get it in but now there's another problem. Please have a look at this thread, Vaernus.And Simon, you should have a look there, too. Copy the .bmp in your data folder, set it in area properties and then delete the 'reg' before the name in properties, not the .bmp file itself (like in my picture)then you should have the map, now set two special waypoints (wp_special_near and wp_special_far).... what happens then, errrh.....see yourself.....damned map thing. :'( :wall: :'(PS: The thread is named "Map problem, special waypoints?"http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=13951.msg323454#msg323454

HexenmeisterRaven said:
Yes, that is a thing with these maps, that's driving me crazy....I opened a new thread about this map, I get it in but now there's another problem. Please have a look at this thread, Vaernus.And Simon, you should have a look there, too. Copy the .bmp in your data folder, set it in area properties and then delete the 'reg' before the name in properties, not the .bmp file itself (like in my picture)then you should have the map, now set two special waypoints (wp_special_near and wp_special_far).... what happens then, errrh.....see yourself.....damned map thing. :'( :wall: :'(PS: The thread is named "Map problem, waypoints?"
Raven, I am deeply grateful. It'll be a few days before I can do this, as I work away from home, and won't be back her until later in the week - but that doesn't mean your help is not appreciated.

Raven, I am deeply grateful. It'll be a few days before I can do this, as I work away from home, and won't be back her until later in the week - but that doesn't mean your help is not appreciated.
Well, it sure takes a few days till Vaernus or another profi stumbles above this thread, keep smiling... there are a lot of days left to make the map for contest. ;)

HexenmeisterRaven said:
Copy the .bmp in your data folder, set it in area properties and then delete the 'reg' before the name in properties, not the .bmp file itself (like in my picture)then you should have the map, ...
Damn, I have done all this. But it still do not work. Just "No map for this location", "No map for this location"... Ahhh! This sentence drives me crazy.

Top Bottom