[TW1] [adventure] Red Silk

+
[TW1] [adventure] Red Silk

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this question - I could not, via the search function, find any other place to ask a question about ths mod. Problem: I simply can't get out of the aforementioned crypt or the sewers. I did the bank basement quest with the little boy bank robber, thinking that this would open the door through to the main body of the sewers, but it does not. I've done the full walking tour of the crypt with the Divine Master, and now he says nothing but "shhh." Flip the Drowner says Geralt can't squeeze through the escape route Flip used before. All the other exits from the sewers are locked and I have not located an alternate exit from the Lionhead Spider Crypt. I am assuming the references to the use of candles are simply a joke. I have meditated and tried to ask again the next day for three days. I have stood beside the Master for a full day, without luck. Have I missed something important? Would someone be so kind as to give me a hint? I have the "unknown bomb" but can't use it. I have spoken (I think) to every single memeber of the cult, and only elicited a "shh" response. Is it simply a matter of more waiting? Thanks for a response on this one - I feel pretty stupid at haviing to ask, so please don't flame me!

Unkreativ said:
Red Silk was created by Nandusso. Have you tried to ask this question in this thread: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=20022.0 ?I had also issues with this mod - when I smoke pot with the Bruxae the game crashes (aye, black screen, still sound though, but I cannot get out anymore.) T,T´
There are three cutscenes:eek:ne where you sit down, one where you "smoke" (it depends if you're helping Flip), and one with the vamps sex card. If it's only a problem of scripts maybe I can solve it and you can use your save-games :p, otherwise...I never had problem on that part. What's the cutscene where the game crashes? Is Geralt drunk? Is he wearing the armour? Does the game stop before or after the cutscene?bye

Guest 2005166

Oh, I guess it´s after I did the humpty dumpty with the bruxae.Well, I know some bugs are not predictable (and also won´t appear with every play through - oh thanks for that!), so I thought it maybe would just appear once, but after a second playthrough I had the same result. I know such a similar "break" from the original game, so I waited a while when playing the module, but this while got a wee bitty longer than I thought, lol.With the first play through, Geralt was terribly tanked up, the second time I avoided doing anything with crazy Triss and doped naked Shani, so Geralt was rather sober.Yes, I´d appreciate help, so I can finish the mod! (or restart, I doubt I got a save game -as I have a lot of playtesting done for some other module*, so I guess a lot of stuff made it´s way to nirvana)I enjoyed it pretty much till this moment. How long did you work on it?[size=6pt]*Birth and Virgins! Hooray! [/size]

Well, since Djinni was released..... :dead:. ( ;D)Excuse my poor English: for "humpty dumpty" do you mean the second cutscene? ;D After that one Geralt should start talking again to a Bruxae, and I used "ActionTeleportandTalk" to have no problem...I'll give it a look.bye

Guest 2005166

nandusso said:
"humpty dumpty" -> excuse my terrible germlish! I mean after Geralt made "love" with the Bruxae!
mpurcell describes it correctly - the screen went all black and then just the restart helped.
After smoking pot and getting the vampire sex card, the screen goes entirely black and sound continues...
-> This was like a flash back to me - real life isn´t it?

About the explosive, yes, it's a bit difficult because of the Circle and the ambient is dark (depending on monitor settings). Cast igni or the fireball just when the cursor highlights the name "explosive". If you are too far and cast igni it does nothing. Otherwise, there's a big fire in that room... :whistle:..About the Bruxae, after the sex card the game should do... nothing! It simply check Geralt drunk state and set it as it was before the cutscene. Maybe the problem is before because it changes a spawn phase (the two bruxae that are sleeping) and set a new position for Geralt... I'll try to make things more simple.I've played the mod on another PC with a fresh installation of the witcher (1.5) but still I haven't that crash. A little question: when you enter the lower floor do you already have the armour I've put in the game? Only if you have time; try to run the game from Djinni, what says the Aurora log on that happening?
Unkreativ said:
-> This was like a flash back to me - real life isn´t it?
Hey! Take care of yourself! :Dbye

Djinni is really user-friendly, just open the editor then from menu "Module" open Red Silk then from menu "Game" play it (not full screen!). Once it's running you can control it in the usual way. The Aurora log by default is visible on the lower side. Load your save game and once the crash happens copy to clipboard the lines in the "log" that you think are related to it, If also Djinni get stuck :D at least copy the lines by hand... But, really, don't lose much time with my mod because I don't care too much. Maybe next months if I feel "nostalgia" ;D(from dictionary I see in English is the same word as Italian) I'll give it a whole check adding something new that came up in my mind. Anyway I played the mod several times without any problems, if they are related to the hardware...well... you have understood :beer:.About the bomb: try putting it down somewhere else and, closely, shot igni to see if it explodes at least.
If you want to exit put down the bomb on the big fire more near as possible to the exit. But on the fire!
And sorry for my bad English :)bye

Guest 2005166

Oh, don´t worry... I see if I can repair it somehow myself. :beer:

Hi guys.I have another question; where/how can I get armor for Geralt - i didn't finf it yet?Have a nice day

the "unknown bomb" has nothing to do with normal bomb, it's an explosive, you have to put it down then shot against it a fireball from distance... otherwise you'll die! mmh... I don't remember, did I write that on the description? You have to put it down near the exit in the room of the fifth element....and it's the "Cult of the Elements"! not the Lionhead Spider Crypt!
I have an unknown bomb, but it turn out that it is the King and the Queen ( I'm not sure it's name in this moment - this one, which makes everybody frightened ). Do I miss another bomb somewhere?And sorry for my bad English :-[Edit:OK. I found. I have to find the piryte yet.

Can someone Please tell me about this game/mod ???? I am completely lost... I kill monsters, make money in the arena, run around looking for clues, trying to open doors, I even have 3 sex cards but no idea as to what I am doing....... LOST

could you be a little more specific?are you stuck on a quest? or do you want a break down of the games plot? (which would ruin most of the story for you)if your stuck, just consult the in game journal and look at your quests. not all quests can be completed right away, some have pre-requisits to activate them. ( i.e...finish this quest before you can undertake this quest)...you'll get better help if your more specific about what the problem is ;D

Thanyou Reach for the Skylar, That was just me me going off on a rant... After three days of head banging and not getting anywhere.. as Cpt. Kirk once said, I don't like to lose, and not completing a quest, for me, is like losing.... One thing, where can I find Fester ????

Is there a walkthrough for Red Silk? I have been running around a lot. Seems as if I am spinning my wheels and not getting any where fast. I still need to find The Ring and Vince. I have found the Secret Passage, but little good that did. I can go and play Dice with the King. :)

I don't see anything more current on Red Silk, so I'll post my question here.I am stuck at the point where Geralt waits at Town Hall for the kid at midnight. The kid shows up, and tells Geralt to wait. If Geralt waits, the kid moves across the street and waits himself for an hour, then disappears into a door Geralt can't use, never to reappear. If Geralt follows the kid across the street, the kid tells him to wait again, and then disappears through the same door, never to reappear. What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom