[W1 Adventure] The Crossroads

+
[W1 Adventure] The Crossroads

ParcivalGodsond said:
Lovely. Can't wait for the English version. On my list ^^.

And here you are, statistical citizen! :D

Laaaaadies aaaand gntlemaaaan... I have an honour of presenting to you our biggest adventure for The Witcher!
It took us 3 years to create and almost one to translate it for you. 70.000 words total... Non-linear plot... Hundreds or even thousands of hours spent by each of us :) But let's not prolong this. Here we go!

Crossroads, a small hamlet nestled in an out of the way part of the Northern Kingdom, is where Geralt gets stranded after his mare dies. The village, thrown into the chaos, is in the mortal danger. Many lives will depend on choosing the lesser evil; deciding the fates of many will rest with the fate of one. Are you ready to fight valiantly against the onslaughts of fate?

Watch the trailer!

Features
  • completely redecorated location of Murky Waters
  • grim mood
  • new custom soundtrack
  • 16 endings illustrated with flashbacks
  • improved fist fight

Have a good time!
Cheers!

The Crossroads - download our new adventure!

My thanks to Ifrit for all the hard work. Already installed and I'll be checking it out. I know nothing of Ifrit, are you guys independent of CDPR? Will you be doing mods for TW2 when the toolset arrives?

slimgrin said:
I know nothing of Ifrit, are you guys independent of CDPR?
Yes, we're an independent, non-profit team.

Will you be doing mods for TW2 when the toolset arrives?
I'm wondering... Why did you use future tense here? ;)

Just wanted to say a word... I find it needful here...
Several people were engaged in translating The Crossroads (Polish version was released in December 2011) - 4 translators and 2 native speakers. Since you couldn't know anyone from the team apart from me and... and from this place, I would like to express my gratitude towards Tommy, who has spent countless hours proofreading what we had written :) I just think you should know about that...

slimgrin said:
Will definitely get this one in the morning.
Have a good time. You deserve it :)

Well bravo to Tommy! I had no idea he did this. Forgive my ignorance if you've already made TW2 mods, I'm not the observant type. I look forward to anything from Ifrit in the future.

Here`s their website http://ifrit.pl/en and it`s only a small compilation of their past work. And a thread here on the forum . http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22236-team-ifrit/ . No the task wasn`t easy. But i`ll tell you something, it was very rewarding. I`m glad I had the opportunity to do this .

I played a little of this yesterday, and I've already seen some cool features.

We've all seen a LOT of that village that was in Chapter 4, but the Ifrit guys have done a nice job of making it look different. And then there are the re-done faces, like these:

And look at Geralt, with his cool headband:

One thing that puzzles me, though, is that I open something called Sewant Mushrooms -- which looks like a flower, not like sewants usually look -- and find this:

I think maybe both the placeable bush and the item were supposed to be renamed?

You start the game at Level 20, but your talents have not been allocated. So if you don't want to die during your first fight, you'll probably want to find a fire and meditate right away. ;)

Also, it's possible to fail the quest where you find herbs to cure the girl that Mousesack is tending, so you need to be speedy about gathering those herbs and getting them back to the druid.

More when I've played more. :D

Alright, got me more than curious, gonna give it a shot, looks quite enticing from what I see here.

I am supposed to install this to the folder of the original game, right? Btw, I really appreciate your hard work!

Mohasz said:
I am supposed to install this to the folder of the original game, right? Btw, I really appreciate your hard work!

Nope when finished downloading just run the installer and it should pick up your installation directory.

Mohasz said:
So it must go to the Documents folder or where my saved games are.
Nope. Try installing to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\The Witcher if you`re using Vista or 7. Can`t remember XP at the moment.

The installation path is chosen automatically by the installer, just double click the installer and usually you shouldn't worry about any paths. The installer looks for Public Documents Folder wherever the folder is, installs the adventure and extras there. Some additional files required by the adventure are installed in the Witcher/Data folder. The installer is for Windows, its size is about 574 MB, the disk space required for the complete install is about 827 MB (698 MB for the adventure and the rest for extras such as Soundtrack).

Top Bottom